PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 22nd August 2011

Options

Comments

• ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have done a very basic flylady on the kitchen as it really doesn't need it, I just feel I should do the lists as my house is clean and I want it to stay that way. 2nd load of washing is on, 1st is on the airer in the bathroom, hoping DH may fit the washing line tonight as I am feeling very girly and don't want to do it. I am going to have a break now, sort my clothes into stuff that I need easy access to and the rest and then put away and maybe do my shoes after that. I need to fit lunch in somewhere and I may walk to the high street as I want to find out how long it takes.

Monday ~ Kitchen and dining area
    Level One

[STRIKE]Declutter and wipe worksurfaces[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Sweep and mop the floor[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Scrub the sink clean and polish up those tiled areas.. clean the gunky grout[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table, replace cloth if needed[/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Wipe units, kickboards and appliances[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Give the small appliances a wipe over and replace in their comfy homes[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    1. [STRIKE]Clean a small appliance.. defuzz the kettle, decrumb the toaster etc[/STRIKE]
    2. [STRIKE]Clean all the filters and door seals[/STRIKE]
    MY LIST – Sometime this week
    Keep changing surname/address
    Contact companies about move

Ring through meter readings – MONDAY
    Finish unpacking/putting away clothes
    Find iron
    Put washing line up
    Sort out cheque books AGAIN
    Work out money for new house
    Sort finances
    Make snagging list for meeting with site manager - Friday am
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £500/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • paulies_nixie
    Options
    Morning all :)

I'm in. Good job too the kitchen is Boggin'

Level One

Declutter and wipe worksurfaces
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Level Two
    Scrub the sink clean and polish up those tiled areas.. clean the gunky grout
    degunge the fridge
    Wipe the table, replace cloth if needed
    Level Three
    Wipe units, kickboards and appliances
    Clean the oven and hob
    Give the small appliances a wipe over and replace in their comfy homes
    Extras
    1. Wipe the insides of the unit doors
    2. Clean a small appliance.. defuzz the kettle, decrumb the toaster etc
    3. Scrub out one cupboard
    4. Clean all the filters and door seals
    I have an apple glut again - wasnt keen on chocolate apple cake. Need to find something to do with them.

Hugs, sticks, spoons as needed.... and if you've got the black dog visiting - you can borrow the beagle, she's got the 'devil' in her and would chase it off quick smart! :D
    "I know that Prince Charming doesn’t come save me, we save each other and fight back to back against all comers that’s what marriage is to me. Nothing passive, no being carried off on a white steed, give me my own damn horse and lets ride into the sunset side by side." - Laurell K. Hamilton.
  • hollyh
    hollyh Posts: 5,474 Forumite
    Options
    I've found a home for o memory boxes and unpacked all of ds2s clothes. quick coffee and I'll get back to it.
  • cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Options

Hugs, sticks, spoons as needed.... and if you've got the black dog visiting - you can borrow the beagle, she's got the 'devil' in her and would chase it off quick smart! :D

BD well in residence. My furry beast on strike.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Morning, will get cracking in a bit.

Hugs to all that need them.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all - glad it's kitchen and dining as I already washed out the bottom of the fridge. Sadly it was because it REALLY needed it *blushes*
    wasted time last night squabbling with TTTB on the Arms - kids were watching 28 weeks later and 28 days later was enough for me. Anyway the squabbling brought back a very happy set of memories and led to a very pleasant dream *sigh*
    Also have 4 ebays to post *grins* including my precious and valuable antique *GRINS*
    Jojo - was envious at the thought of the fishing trip - now even more so! No-body moans at you for sitting still and being quiet when you're fishing;)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • loopy-loo73
    Options
    just an update ...

Level One
    [STRIKE]Declutter and wipe worksurfaces[/STRIKE]
    Sweep and mop the floor

Level Two
    [STRIKE]Scrub the sink clean and polish up those tiled areas.. clean the gunky grout[/STRIKE]
    degunge the fridge
    Level Three
    Clean the oven and hob
    [STRIKE]Give the small appliances a wipe over and replace in their comfy homes[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    2. Clean a small appliance.. defuzz the kettle, decrumb the toaster etc
    3. Scrub out one cupboard
    4. Clean all the filters and door seals
    This week's jobs
    ~ write minutes for gov's meeting
    ~ write job lists for new starter
    ~ go into work to sort office in preparation for new term
    ~ collect car from where dh left it yesterday
    ~ get new uniform for dd1
    ~ stick to diet (very hard :o)
    ~ do some exercise everyday (nearly impossible i'm so lazy :o)
    ~ tackle weeds in front garden before they take over

wm x1 / menu plan done & mrT ordered for tomorrow
    just watching smurfs with dd2 then walking to station to collect car & dd1 before finding lunch somewhere

back later
    lou x
  • mum_2_1_boy
    Options
    Level One

[STRIKE]Declutter and wipe worksurfaces
    [/STRIKE]
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Scrub the sink clean and polish up those tiled areas.. clean the gunky grout
    [/STRIKE]

degunge the fridge
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Clean the oven and hob
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Give the small appliances a wipe over and replace in their comfy homes
    [/STRIKE]
    Extras
    2. [STRIKE]
    3. Clean a small appliance.. defuzz the kettle, decrumb the toaster etc
    4. Scrub out one cupboard
    5. [/STRIKE]
    6. Clean all the filters and door seals
    Auguast GC: £200
  • paulies_nixie
    Options
    Aww Cat Dont you let that BD set up residence. Toffee sends a howling double pawed, ears flying, pounce at it :) "Arrooooooowwwwwwwwrooooo" known to make bigger scary dogs go running :) Mind you if that weight pounced on me... I'd leg it too ;)

So far I've put the DW on and collected the random dishes from round the house. Really must get on as I have physio this afternoon (fingers crossed this works, I wanna get running again) and I wanted to get my flying done before I go. :eek:
    okay okay, I'm procrastinating (again) I'm getting up mebbe I'll make it a HHC :)
    "I know that Prince Charming doesn’t come save me, we save each other and fight back to back against all comers that’s what marriage is to me. Nothing passive, no being carried off on a white steed, give me my own damn horse and lets ride into the sunset side by side." - Laurell K. Hamilton.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 22 August 2011 at 11:43AM
    Options
    Finally booked my flights home to visit my brother, SIL and their new little man in early September. :D

Just need to book flights for after my sister's baby is born in November, and for my friend's birthday in December (her OH has offered to pay towards it, and it's a surprise! :D ).

Did prompt my neice's to say to me, last week, that I must be very rich to afford all these flights! lol I'm not, I just don't go out much, and I don't have a mortgage and 3 kids to pay for! It's kinda nice that someone thinks I'm rich though.

ETA: What is BD? I checked the first page and the only thing I can see, with those initials is Binbag Dance, but I don't think that is what is referred to above, is it?
    February wins: Theatre tickets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport