PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 22nd August 2011

Options

Comments

• coveredpearl
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to posting but I'd love to join :). Something like this is just the kick up the bum I need! :rotfl:

Monday ~ Kitchen and dining area
    Level One
    Declutter and wipe worksurfaces
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Level Two
    Scrub the sink clean and polish up those tiled areas.. clean the gunky grout
    degunge the fridge

I also have a load of dishes and clothes to wash!!
  • jetbag
    jetbag Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 August 2011 at 11:57AM
    Options
    Welcome coveredpearl.
    Cat Hugs to you, give the BD a kick everytime he gets near.
    I did a HHC at 10 and another one at 11 and managed to complete mondays list.
    Monday ~ Kitchen and dining area
    Level One
    Done
    Level Two
    Done
    Level Three
    Done

Extras Done
    :T:T:T:T

I also washed up and put it all away and the 2nd load of washing is in the WM.
    Now having a well deserved cuppa.:coffee: Anyone else want one? feel free to help yourself.:coffee::coffee::coffee:
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    Euronorris I believe DB is Black Dog of Bad Depression.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Squeak bathed
    bed stripped
    ebay stuff ready to fling.. just 1 more to package but I forgot to get the bubbe wrap down.. silly me!

Uniforms out ready to be named
    Need to do pics of coats for ebay :eek:

I also need to wash my hair but my back is really bad today and I dont know if I can.. :(
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • thriftykatie
    Options
    Morning all

I haven't been on here for a long time but was an avid follower (although not always posting) when I was struggling with my debts and generally trying to get my life in order a good few years ago. In the spring of this year I finally became debt free which was a fantastic feeling and have found myself back on here as I'm trying to get my house in order. As a teacher I have more time on my hands at the moment and have done some decluttering but I now have a week and a half before back to school as I am away for a few days next week

It always helped to post what I intended to do on here so decided that's what I should do now to encourage me - more likely to actually do it than just write it down if I make it public!

So today:

Kitchen level 3 (bit of a cheat really as kitchen just been refurbished and everything all nice and shiny anyway but just to keep it that way!)

Other things today:

at least one hour ironing
    one hour bedroom declutter (well it's a start!)
    gym - walk up there to save petrol and increase exercise
    sort out lease for DD
    wash kitchen door frame and windows - still traces of plaster and yukk from kitchen installation
    scan dental receipts for refund

That's enough for today's must dos - don't want to overdo it! :)

Must dos for sometime this week:

take dress back
    sort out house insurance
    bathroom light
    try again to sync phone
    mending - dress, and three cardigans
    put 3 things on ebay
    sponsor niece
    take stuff to dry cleaners

Right that's it for now. Less writing/talking about it and more doing. Hopefully will post again later with lots of things crossed out!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wendywitch wrote: »
    Euronorris I believe DB is Black Dog of Bad Depression.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Wendy, you're absolutely right: there are a couple of really ace books about depression called "I Had A Black Dog" and "Living With A Black Dog" which I can heartily recommend. * Sometimes, you'll read that someone's left a basket of sticks or thrown a stick: this is to divert the black dog from Flyladies, their family and friends...:D

Am at work: have cleaned both loos, hoovered the whole of the ground floor and changed all the towels. And dusted, put a batch of laundry to wash and dry off, watered and fed all the plants, put away the washing up from the weekend.

No wonder I don't have the urge to flit about when I get home :rotfl:

So, as I spent the weekend at garage sales and got to the beach at Wells in Norfolk, will have to do some housework this week as well as preparing for a vintage sale on Bank Holiday Monday. Oh, and make some icecream to go with the rhubarb and orange sauce I bought yesterday;)

:coffee: hugs, spare spoons and sticks by the virtual back door and :beer: for later.

ETA: * and the Sally Brampton book is really good as well
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • hollyh
    hollyh Posts: 5,474 Forumite
    Options
    The bathroom is all unpacked, I've done another 2 loads of wash in g and , washed up from lunch.I'm about to clean out the rabbits , do some more unpacking then investigsting the local shop.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all

I was debating whether to declare myself “in” this week, after the excessive tiredness of the weekend, but I guess I have to at least try.:o

Lots and lots of healing vibes for Lady-L and for Toots also; I believe she's sans internet this week.

Jojo wow, your fishing trip sounds like fun – not something I've ever done (wouldn't know where to even start, and not sure I could cope with maggots):eek: and I loved your report!:D

I hope CY's DD gets on OK with her passport interview; I'm guessing the anticipation will be worse than the actual event (mind you, I'd be bricking it if I had to do something like that!):eek:

Aj glad you at least have a roof over your head; take baby steps to get your new place up to scratch, with everything in its right place; as an experienced Flylady you'll soon have it as you want it, I'm sure. Starting out with it nice and clean is good – one time I moved (back in the 80's) I left the flat I was moving out of spotless, and had to start all over again in the new (to me) house, as it had been left in a state – I think their idea was that they were moving so they wouldn't bother cleaning for the final fortnight!:eek:_pale_
    Holly I hope you'll love your new place, too!

Vanilla I hope things improve for you, after recent events. Wishing you lots of luck.:o
    Hugs, sticks, spoons as needed.... and if you've got the black dog visiting - you can borrow the beagle, she's got the 'devil' in her and would chase it off quick smart! :D
    Can you send her over here please Nixie? Even Ted isn't managing to make the wretched BD hoppit.:( I feel so trapped by this damned illness, and it's really dragging me down; I might just as well be living in a cage, the way it restricts everything about my life.:(

Sorry to moan;:o I shall push off and see if I can do the tins and jars cupboard - I'm certain it could do with a tidy.;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    I just found out that the supermarkets here add a small charge (10-50 cents) to each bottle (1L plus size) of drink they sell. If you return the empty bottles to the store for recycling, they refund the money. No one told me until now!

They do this in many places in Germany, too - for plastic and glass bottles of all sizes. There are often machines for returning bottles and reclaiming the deposit.

DS2 enjoyed his swimming lesson and did really well. Since then we called on a friend (it helps to increase DS2's confidence around dogs) and had lunch. If Mr A/Living do cardboard boxes at the right prize we'll go and pick up a few so we can make a start on his bedroom (and maybe look at for a new school coat for DS2). If not, it will have to be a trip to Staples.

I've still not looked at the leftover list from yesterday. :o
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 22 August 2011 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Thanks for the info ladies. I'm giving all the BD's a swift kick up the arris for you!

I know the feeling, but am in a positive mood today, so sending some positive vibes your way. ((HUGS)) for all who need them.

xxxx

ETA: MrsChaos - that's it! They have machines here too, and it applies to glass bottles too. I wish I had known earlier. I've literally been throwing money away!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport