Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

Options

Comments

• in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I suspect the sellers of all the old junk my DH buys are pleased and amazed that it sells!
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • oscar52
    oscar52 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    again not very relevent but... you know those fourtune balls that you ask for something then you shake it and it gives you the answer... well i was given about 13 and i brought 3/4 for a £1 each... put them on ebay and they made anything from £3 to £12 :D

Did you ask the ball if you should sell it?:rotfl:

I bounght a clam shell 3G phone when they were on offer two? years ago, bought it for £35, used the £15 credit that came with it (included in price) than sold it on ebay for £70 to a guy in romania.
    No Longer works for MBNA as of August 2010 - redundancy money will be nice though.

Proud to be a Friend of Niddy.
    no idea what my nerdnumber is - i am now officially nerd 229, no idea on my debt free date
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    blimey, I've got an Evesham laptop, only a couple of years old, I think it has a screen fault, I got so sick to death of the problems with Evesham I've written it off and bought another. Do you reckon it's worth listing if I take the hard drive out as I don't want to lose anything confidential?

Edit
    Good grief just had a look, there's a couple gone for £100-£225 in faulty condition. Has to be worth a go!!!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• arnie&caseysma!
    Options
    Slinky wrote:
    blimey, I've got an Evesham laptop, only a couple of years old, I think it has a screen fault, I got so sick to death of the problems with Evesham I've written it off and bought another. Do you reckon it's worth listing if I take the hard drive out as I don't want to lose anything confidential?

Edit
    Good grief just had a look, there's a couple gone for £100-£225 in faulty condition. Has to be worth a go!!!

I also have an Evesham laptop that the dog knocked a glass of wine over. It was supposedly fixed after a claim on the house insurance (honest it was my nephew that damaged it!) although buttons did not work and it still had all the problems it had before the accident. Was returned to Evesham and they STILL failed to solve all the problems that it had. Might try selling it and see what I get for it! Something is better than nothing for an item that is just lying about since I have had to get a new one than actually works!
    "Life may not always be the party you wish for, but whilst here you may aswell dance"!!!
    Murphy's NMPC Memb No 239!
    Dippychick's De-clutter club Member No 6! - onto room no 2!
    My Avatar? Arnie and Casey, proud parents to Storm and Tsu born 19/01/2009!!! - both now in new homes and called Murron and Burger!
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I also have an Evesham laptop that the dog knocked a glass of wine over. It was supposedly fixed after a claim on the house insurance (honest it was my nephew that damaged it!) although buttons did not work and it still had all the problems it had before the accident. Was returned to Evesham and they STILL failed to solve all the problems that it had. Might try selling it and see what I get for it! Something is better than nothing for an item that is just lying about since I have had to get a new one than actually works!

Sounds like the level of service I had from them. I bought mine 2 years ago in January, the hard drive failed twice in the July, the battery was also replaced at that time. By November it went wrong again, went back to Evesham, they couldnt repair it so they sent it back to the chassis manufacturer. Somewhere along the line somebody dropped it, so to cut a veeeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyy long story short, they had to replace the chassis as well. When they returned it (2 months later) to me it had the wrong power lead with it, they took the whole thing back and sent it back with a new power lead, so by this time there was not one single part of the original machine left. In the meantime I'd bought a new desktop (not evesham of course) as this laptop was a machine I was using to run my business. The laptop worked again for about another 4 months until about May last year when it packed up again with some sort of screen fault and overheating. By this time I'd lost the will to live with it, so it's been shoved under the stairs and I've bought a lovely Compaq. I'll get OH to take the hard drive out as it has business data on it and then somebody on ebay is welcome to it!

Thanks very much to the OP for bringing up this thread!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My Dad had an old wooden/metal ladder that he was going to cut up and send to the tip as he had tried selling it locally and had had no luck.

My big brother said I wouldn't be able to sell it on ebay. It sold for £22.50 of which my Dad gave the money to my little one and my big brother ate humble pie for an hour or 2 :rotfl:

EM x
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great thread. I have never sold on ebay - but my house is full of [STRIKE]junk[/STRIKE] other peoples collectables. I have been thinking of ebaying but was worried that nothing would sell. This thread has inspired me to just get on with it and try. Thanks:D
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, but I think selling things which are broken beyond repair is a bit disgusting.

Broken but hassle to fix, fine, some people make a hobby of it.

But just plain broken is unfair.

Think how many kids or older people or the techno phobic have by accident bought something that you sold because it's broken.
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I find it's usually good to search in completed listings first (in Advanced Search options) there is some good eBay calculators which work out the fees etc you will pay. I'll be honest there are some things I put on freecycle orsend to charity shop etc that I could sell on but haven't always got the time, patience or storage space.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • tsharp
    tsharp Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    Options
    In the 'Ebay Goldmine Thread' on the ebay section of the forums I was amazed to hear that old Argos and Littlewoods catalogues sell for loads!
    "I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback