PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Meal Plans WB 7th January 2007

Options
1235»

Comments

• newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    this week's plan is:-

Tues Tuna Pasta
    Weds Chicken paprika (if I can find where I saw the recipe)
    Thurs Chicken wraps
    Fri Risotto
    Sat HM Turkey burgers
    Sun Lasagna
    Mon Pasta
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Some yummy recipes there from you guys! Think I may pinch some:D

We love hearty easy to make food:o

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Peem
    Peem Posts: 645 Forumite
    Options
    Some yummy recipes there from you guys! Think I may pinch some:D

Pincher by name .... Pincher by nature:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    "You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis
  • chardonnay_2
    chardonnay_2 Posts: 2,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pandora - thanks for the link to the discovery website - we love spicy mexican food and have got lots of ideas.

re those looking for bargains, it can all be down to luck if you're there at the right time. asda tend to reduce things 3 times, the third being the best reduction. you need to be willing to go at various times and if you get to know the reducer you could always ask what time is best. if they are currently reducing stuff don't be afraid to ask if the item you want is to be reduced any further - they might not have got to it yet. be prepared to rummage and fight with hoggers who block the section with their trolley lol! i just say "is it okay if i move this"

not meal planning yet but need to use stuff up so will try to get involved. your meals all sound yummy
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • Pandora123_2
    Options
    chardonnay wrote:
    pandora - thanks for the link to the discovery website - we love spicy mexican food and have got lots of ideas.

We're big fans of mexican food as well. I made enchilidas on the weekend from a recipe on the Discovery enchilida sauce jar (using veggie mince) and they were excellent. Got a big thumbs up from my FIL as well, and he is not even veggie.

We had veggie fajitas last night and I made homemade tortillas... a bit time-consuming, but they were SO much better than the bought ones and much cheaper. No additives either. Used this recipe:

Homemade flour tortillas

Have you ever bought smoked chipotle chillies in adobo sauce? They are seriously good (and SPICY). Although they are expensive, you only need a little to add a lot of flavour.

:A
    I want to move to theory. Everything works in theory.
  • chardonnay_2
    chardonnay_2 Posts: 2,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks for the link pandora and the chillies sound good will look out for them. what do you usually add them to?
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • debtworrier
    Options
    Don't laugh - my sister lives out in the country & she and hubby keep an eye open for road-killed grouses for the freezer.

EDIT: sorry - that should be road killed grice, of course. :p
  • Pandora123_2
    Options
    chardonnay wrote:
    thanks for the link pandora and the chillies sound good will look out for them. what do you usually add them to?

We added them to black bean chili. They could be added to salsa to give it a spicy, smoky taste. Or to mayo to make a spicy sandwich spread. Or to hummous. If you search on the epicurious site for "chipotle", there are a lot of recipes that come up.

p.s. The only place we found them was Sainsbury's in the specialty/import food section.

:A
    I want to move to theory. Everything works in theory.
  • Flymouse
    Flymouse Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i am newish have been lurking but not really posting .they all sound v yummy. i am trying to be in control of my food budget so am going to post lots!! i did my shopping today

sunday - roast lamb (given local shoulder of lamb!! never cooked before)
    monday - salmon fishcakes (unless anyone any ideas about a tin of salmon)
    tuesday - tuna lasagne
    wednesday - yummy chicken will freeze half(kind of bolognese but with chicken chunks)
    thursday - spag bol (from freezer)
    friday - toad in hole
    saturday - ??? something with sausages[/QUOTE

SCAREDY-CAT, re the tin of salmon, I use a tin most weeks in my cooking (I like fresh fish but its normally quite expensive) I get sainsburys pink salmon 88p for a lge can (& MSC certified). I do make fishcakes with it but also a cheapie version of fish pie- drain & put in oven dish with a few prawns if liked,cover with homemade parsley sauce & top with mash,bake in oven & serve with veg. Also a sort of salmon spaghetti- gently fry onion & garlic,add 1tbsp tomata puree, pinch cayenne pepper, seasoning & some (cheap!) white wine, simmer & reduce then stir in some cream. Put salmon on bed of cooked spaghetti or taglietelli & pour over saauce.
  • gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    That salmon spaghetti sounds lovely Flymouse :). Delia says tinned salmon is best for fishcakes ;) .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure