PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Meal Plans WB 7th January 2007

Options

Comments

• gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    I was shockingly bad at sticking to mine last week but did manage to not go to the shops for extra ingredients other than budgeted.

Tonight : Toad in the hole, mash and gravy and whatever veggies I have in the fridge

Tomorrow : turkey pie (last of the christmas turkey that was frozen) with mash and green veg

Tues : Fish pie with spinach and grilled tomatoes

Weds : pasta with bacon and leeks (just me and children oh is away)

Thurs : Sausages with cheesy baked potatoes and hm barbeque sauce (Oh is still away) and salad

Friday: curry of some sorts

Saturday : Chilli and Nacho's with hm avocado salsa.

Things I need to buy are
    pasta
    bacon
    baking potatoes
    spinach
    small amount of smoked fish for pie
    more veg
    fruit
    milk bread
    ham
    cheese
    eggs.

Lunches tend to be soup or beans on toast for dd and I, sandwiches for ds and oh gets lunch at work. I have been making up a large bowl of fruit salad for dd and I during the day to eat rather than snacking on rubbish ( as is the norm)

Have a good week :)
  • shell2001
    shell2001 Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Options
    Well I am just back from a 3 week visit to my parents in Spain so cupboards are pretty bare (am writing up tesco order at mo). So this weeks plan is...

Sunday 7th - At in-laws for tea (working till 3pm)

Monday 8th - Kids Spag Bol (in freezer) DH & I HM Burgers (in freezer)

Tuesday 9th - Potato, onion & Bacon Hotpot with sausages, peas and sweetcorn (not made this before but looking forward to it)

Wednesday 10th - HM BBQ chicken drumsticks, HM EF Rice & Stir-fry veggies

Thursday 11th - Roast Chicken Dinner with all trimmings (buy extra large so will make chicken & leek pie for next week, plus curry for DH & me)

Friday 12th - Home-cooked Gammon ham, Egg, HM Chips and Beans (rest of joint sliced for sandwiches etc)

Saturday 13th - HM Chicken Curry (made on Thurs & Frozen) HM E F Rice - kids at Grandparents for tea

Sunday 14th - Pasta Cabonara with HM Garlic Bread

Have written list till my month end 26th Jan - so now need to go through and check I have all ingredients needed (if not add to tesco order). Fruit and Veg from local greengrocer and Gammon joint and Chicken from Market.
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Options
    TKP wrote:
    I agree! I shop at Sainsbury's and have never seen such amazing prices. Is this just before closing? Thank you
    Thank goodness it's not just me!! I've often said my Sainsbury might reduce something BY 20 or 50 pence, but never TO 20 or 50 pence!:rotfl: :rotfl:
    The sickening thing is I can't live too far from Penny-Pincher so if she would reveal which branch this is, I might get the odd bargain that would soooo help my budget. :D
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • annie12
    annie12 Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is the first week i've done this, but i think it'll make things so much easier!

Sunday - Roast chicken, roast potatoes, veg.
    Monday - HM Chicken risotto (made with leftover chicken).
    Tuesday - quiche, baked potatoes & salad (baked beans for my DS).
    Wednesday - Shepherds pie for my DS (in freezer), minute steaks with fried onions on ciabatta & salad for me & DH.
    Thursday - HM Spaghetti Carbonara - My DH's favourite.
    Friday - Burrito for my DS, fajitas for us, everything in freezer.
    Saturday - probably eating out.

I like everything being planned & not having to think "what are we having for tea tonight!"
  • Pandora123_2
    Options
    Monday
    Veggie yam rolls and spring rolls (SB)
    Hot & sour soup
    Stir-fried spinach with garlic
    Stir-fried rice

Tuesday
    Roasted veggie fajitas (peppers, broccoli, courgette, onion, mushrooms)
    Guacamole
    Fresh salsa
    Mexican rice

Wednesday
    Veggie burgers on buns
    Oven chips
    Salad

Thursday
    Spinach and artichoke lasagne
    Salad

Friday
    Vegetable samosas (SB)
    Mushroom, potato & cauliflower curry
    Chappatis
    Papadums (SB)
    Sliced cucumber and tomatoes

Saturday
    Lentil soup with tomatoes & garlic (slow cooker)
    Peppers filled with corn, chilli and cheese
    Roasted Greek potatoes

Sunday
    Roast veggie turkey (SB)
    Stuffing & gravy
    Parchment baked sweet potatoes
    Roasted potatoes
    Sprouts

(Everything HM unless marked store-bought [SB] )

:A
    I want to move to theory. Everything works in theory.
  • bluemoon_3
    Options
    Wow, Pandora, I love that you take so much care over the side-dishes, and you have such a variety of vegetables! I am very inspired. :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 - #1742 :j
  • sissy_2
    sissy_2 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    This may sound like a really silly request, but I'm hoping that you can help. Now dont laugh please? When it comes to cooking I'm rubbish. But this year I want to change all this and save money by not buying any proccessed meals. So if anyone out there has any basic recipes for the likes of spag bog, shepards pie, lasagne etc.... nothing too fancy I would really appreciate it. This is the year I knuckle down and get rid of some debts. Thank you in advance.
    YOU LOOK ANNOYED....CLICK YOUR PEN
    May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sissy wrote:
    Hello everyone,
    This may sound like a really silly request, but I'm hoping that you can help. Now dont laugh please? When it comes to cooking I'm rubbish. But this year I want to change all this and save money by not buying any proccessed meals. So if anyone out there has any basic recipes for the likes of spag bog, shepards pie, lasagne etc.... nothing too fancy I would really appreciate it. This is the year I knuckle down and get rid of some debts. Thank you in advance.

Go to the top "resource bar" adn theres something Indexed collection ,recipes" theres Hundreds of recipes in there some very easy and most very cheap! :j
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Easy week for us this week :)

yesterday roast dinner & apple crumble

monday- chilli, rice tortilla chips, sour cream and leftover apple crumble for pud
    tuesday - bangers mash gravy, carrots peas sweetcorn
    weds spag bol & HM french loaf
    thurs - HM steak & kidney pud, potatoes & veg
    fri veggie burgers, HM rolls corn cobs, wedges.
    sat - meal plan starts again from then :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Bargain Rzl & I/OH go to the same Sainsburys Local attached to a garage in Welling. We have also found very reduced items at Greenwich Sainsburys & Asdas and our local Tesco-usually have to go from 9.30pm onwards! Asdas are great from 8pm as stated before in many posts.

Its not evryday they have such bargains but worth taking a look:D

HTH

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing