Last Years Halifax direct reward Isa

I have just had a notice from Halifax saying my direct reward Isa 2010 is coming to the end of its Bonus term and will revert to diddly squat interest. My question is "do Halifax have any transfer out penalties if I move to another provider and when wll the interest be added on. I think it finishes about 30th August so am busy looking round for a new one that accepts transfers in. I don't know whether or not they will let you transfer to another Rewards Isa with themselves, any advise welcome :AThanks
SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
#1603:staradmin/
SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
Saving for Florida 2018 :j
Matched betting toe dipper.

Comments

• 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,262
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    cattysmum wrote: »
    I have just had a notice from Halifax saying my direct reward Isa 2010 is coming to the end of its Bonus term and will revert to diddly squat interest. My question is "do Halifax have any transfer out penalties if I move to another provider and when wll the interest be added on. I think it finishes about 30th August so am busy looking round for a new one that accepts transfers in. I don't know whether or not they will let you transfer to another Rewards Isa with themselves, any advise welcome :AThanks

You can transfer to Halifax's latest one if you want to. You may already know about Kazza's brilliant post on the best ISA's currently available, just in case you don't HERE's a link to it.
  • For the current ISA Reward I think you have to leave it in for 1 complete year to be entitled to the additional 0.2% interest, probably worth checking the original T&C's, would be a shame to loose it for the sake of a few days.

"Variable interest. This is not a stakeholder ISA. Tax free interest paid at the end of the Reward period. Reward interest rate applies for 12 months from day of account opening".
    "Every Pounds A Prisoner "
    "Loyalty to the Best Interest Rate"

:beer:
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    You can easily redesignate an existing account to any of their other cash ISAs (fixed or variable). If you choose fixed before the year is up you'll lose any eligability to the 0.2%, which is also the case if you transfer out.

There are no other transfer out penalties.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure