🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

children, cross-stitch and chocolate. Chickywiggles debt-free diary

Options

Comments

• chickywiggle
    Options
    ***sorry long post, contains very bad words because I am in a fuming steaming bad mood***

well I TRIED to discuss money with hubby tonight as as per usual it boiled down to the 3yr old you don't like me, nobody likes me i may as well go eat worms tantrum from him. apparently the reason he spends stupid amounts of money is:

- first off he completly ignored me when I told him I had stopped his standing order and wanted his cards to control his money.

- then he started having a go at me and throwing it all in my face telling me I am the reason he is the way he is.............yup you wonder why I want to get out of this non-relationship.

- i never want sex (sorry if TMI)................yes thats becuase it f'ing hurts to hell
    - that's not his fault and I should just roll over and live with it to please him......................................and he WONDERS why I don't put out.
    - yes I have raised this with the DR who basically told me it was all in my head.

- he hates his job
    - don't we all..........
    - but will he look for another one???? oh he's asked at 4 pubs and they aren't recruiting................YES that is as much as he has done. but it won't matter because (he tells me tonight having been in the job 6 years) they will probably sack him in 6 months becuase he can't do the job
    - ahh well that WILL improve the money situation won't it!!!!!!!

- it's all my fault he's stressed because I mess his work hours around and he can't change/ drop his hours incase I want to go back full time because he won't be able to change them again.
    - I mentioned this ONCE - 3 months ago when I applied for a job that they would only consider me for if I went back full time (instead of 4 days) - i didn't get the job so it was no longer up for discussion.

I came up with 5 solutions to his job situation all of which he wouldn't contemplate but carried on complaining that I am not supportive.

- give up your job YOU try and work out another way of bringing £800 a month into the house without me going back to work full time (this would bring an extra £120 ish a month before tax but I wouldn't do it (in my current low paid job I hate) on the grounds I enjoy my 1 weekday off as it's my only quality time with DS2 when DS1 is at school and why should I miss out on seeing my kids grow up??!!!

- you stay at work, carry on burying your head in the sand and loose your job in 6 months - we get kicked out of our rental house and move into a cardboard box on the street which believe me I would rather do then live on council estate around here.

- you stay at work, tell someone you are struggling and ask to move departments or get the hep you need to improve
    -not an option apparently as there is nothing else he can do........ he works for a LARGE chain store call centre and trying to tell me there is only 1 department now I KNOW that's a lie.

- find a new job and leave your current one. yes it may be another one you hate but at least we would continue to have money coming in.

- I go and sh4g your boss and beg him to let you keep your job.......................................apparently this was a step too far as he threw a full coke can at the wall (well that was a waste of money wasn't it!!!!!!!!!!!)

end of the day apparently i care too much about money and don't give a damn about him.
    - he can't only spend £20 on a night out in the pub as it costs him £20 in taxi fares and then he needs at least £30+ on alcohol.
    - once again this is my fault as I force him to work until 8pm on his pub night which doesn't give him time to get the bus there.

he will continue to spend money however he wants and f*ck anyone who tries to tell him otherwise. I will continue to pick up the pieces and have to deal with it. never be able to afford to own my own house and probably within the next year have to give up the one I love.

I just can't take any more.

If I leave him I'll have to leave my house anyway as I won't be able to afford the rent + bills and he sure as he11 won't be able to afford his own place to live + bills + maintenance on the kids with house prices around here.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, that sounds awful :(

I dunno what to say really, I'm a bit shocked that he doesn't seem to give much of a damn tbh. The money blown on the pub(and taxis!) is ridiculous when you are trying your hardest to earn extra money wherever you can.

Wht are you going to do now? :(
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    <<<hugs>>> chicky. I don't really know what to say. So sad when you are trying so hard to hold everything together.

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    also hugs chicky. was sad reading your post :( big hugs xxxx
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Toiletries inventory - january 2013.

started - in use
    bar soap
    60ml hand cream
    2 x 75ml impulse fragrance
    100ml J Lo blue perfume
    50ml nivia roll on
    24ml toni and guy leave in conditioner
    pure face wipes
    525ml bubble bath/ shower gel
    lush bath wand
    500ml shampoo
    250ml lynx shower gel
    200ml head and shoulders
    toothpaste
    250ml shave foam

Open
    foot spray
    15ml advanced hydration day cream
    250ml johnsons shower gel
    50ml night cream
    375ml aloe vera body lotion
    250ml johnsons holiday skin
    24ml toni and guy leave in conditioner
    75ml hand and nail cream
    30ml avril lavigne perfume
    200ml candied ginger body butter
    200ml men shower gel
    250ml lynx 2in 1 shampoo/ shower gel
    200ml olay body wash
    100ml peppermint foot cream
    100ml colgate 2 in 1 toothpaste/ mouthwash

new
    50ml body scrub
    bath pearls and bath sprinkles
    200ml white collection body lotion
    40ml rescue oil
    30ml spa body wash
    50ml elegance body wash
    4 x bar soap
    100ml lime body wash
    50ml morgan body lotion
    3 x23g impulse body spray
    90ml elegance body cream
    200ml white collection body wash
    250ml johnsons holiday skin
    150ml pomegranate and cranberry body scrub
    150ml pomegranate and cranberry body souflee
    2 x 100ml (ish) shampoo - trial
    100ml raspberry body wash
    2 x bath fizzers
    75g sanctuary bidy lotion
    300ml men anti-dandruff shampoo
    250ml passionfruit shower gel
    75ml cranberry bodywash
    250ml essence shower gel - men
    250ml conditioner
    150ml pomegranate and cranberry bath and shower gel
    50ml morgan body scrub
    live colour foam hair dye.
    3 x facemasks
    10ml pomegranate and cranberry lip butter
    100ml toothpaste
    2 x pure face wipes
    50ml sure roll on
    250ml shave foam
    2 x 225ml kids crazy soap

personally I blame christmas pressies for most of the 'new' stuff.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    Signed up to WW last night (online) - no join fee + £12 (ish) of nectar points. at the moment.
    ERMM perhaps I shouldn't have started it till after the christmas goodies have gone.

GRRRR - nectar are denying the double points offer was on and have only given me £5 of points - should have been £10 (not 12 doh!).

Yet another one to add to my list of complaints to head office.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GRRRR - nectar are denying the double points offer was on and have only given me £5 of points - should have been £10 (not 12 doh!).

Yet another one to add to my list of complaints to head office.

I had an e-mail the other day telling me I won't be able to collect points with @mazon anymore although its still letting me collect them at the moment..... although saying that, may be its that I can't spend them with this retailer anymore?
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    yeah you can't collect or spend with amazon from 1st feb. LOTS of people moaning about it on their facebook page.

I've written my complaint to their head office complete with screen prints to prove the offer WAS on.
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    13 No Spends Days :j:j

another £30 in the savings pot so now up to £63 + bits of random coinage. :j:j
  • chickywiggle
    edited 24 February 2013 at 12:54PM
    Options
    February

Still on baby steps - aiming for 10.

1st - shopping :(
    2nd - shopping :(

ERMMM given that it has been 21 days since I updated have no clue how I've done.

Pretty sure I failed miserably tho. ..... back on track for March.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport