We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

im in it big time,need help/advice.....

Options
123457»

Comments

• justruth
    justruth Posts: 770 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick thought on the amount of petrol it drinks, it might be worthwhile getting a quote to convert it to LPG and adding that to the advert. If someone can see that then it might make them more likely to buy?
    Debt £5600 all 0%
  • mickey66_2
    Options
    justruth wrote:
    Just a quick thought on the amount of petrol it drinks, it might be worthwhile getting a quote to convert it to LPG and adding that to the advert. If someone can see that then it might make them more likely to buy?

costs about £1500 so ive been told,although you can get help from the government so ive been told,halves the price apparently.....still too much for me at the mo
  • justruth
    justruth Posts: 770 Forumite
    Options
    you dont have to pay for it, just put the quote in the add, so that whoever buys can factor that in if they are put off by the petrol issue
    Debt £5600 all 0%
  • sashacat
    sashacat Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Claim back those bank charges tonight. Write to the bank and ask for the statements for the last 6 years. By law they have to send them to you and can't charge you more than £10 for the lot. They will dither/refuse/ do nothing. Write again giving them 2 weeks or something to respond. They know they have to give you them...but...they don't know you know that...they think people are thick or ignorant or both! ( persevere..one credit card company told my son they didn't have to send them...mistake..he's a barrister who deals in this type of law...he simply sent them a copy of the law, and the statements came the next day!)Then go through them and pick out the charges for different things. Then have a look on this site at the reclaim bank charges thread and print off the letters put your details in and send them off. it really does work, they do pay up. My daughter got £3500 back from her bank and my son is on bank number three and then his credit cards.
    Wombling £457.41
  • kaznelson
    kaznelson Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would agree with Sasha and reclaim your bank charges ASAP, you will be surprised by how much you will have been charged and including a claim for interest you could end up with a nice sum to pay off some of the debt & its not that hard to do;-)
  • sashacat
    sashacat Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if you can't find enough help on this site go to https://www.consumeraction.com
    they have a section for each bank and can help you through the small claims court stuff.....although, don't worry no bank has ever risked turning up in court. THEY ALL PAY UP AND THEY WILL PAY YOU TOO! Good luck
    Wombling £457.41
  • mickey66_2
    Options
    sashacat wrote:
    if you can't find enough help on this site go to https://www.consumeraction.com
    they have a section for each bank and can help you through the small claims court stuff.....although, don't worry no bank has ever risked turning up in court. THEY ALL PAY UP AND THEY WILL PAY YOU TOO! Good luck

was in the process of doing that before all this happened,got the statements about £1800 to reclaim,lot of things going on at the moment.
  • Yizzal
    Options
    im usually a lurker rather than a poster but hey figure if im gonna post i'll try n do a useful one ( hopefully)
    found a website re the PPI ....maybe someone in the know could confirm if this be any help to u as i have no idea sorry ...thought best to post n get others to advise rather than say nothing...sorry if it confuses the issue instead of help....keep battling and keep ya chin up it will get better

http://www.conkers.co.uk/index.aspx
  • mickey66_2
    Options
    Yizzal wrote:
    im usually a lurker rather than a poster but hey figure if im gonna post i'll try n do a useful one ( hopefully)
    found a website re the PPI ....maybe someone in the know could confirm if this be any help to u as i have no idea sorry ...thought best to post n get others to advise rather than say nothing...sorry if it confuses the issue instead of help....keep battling and keep ya chin up it will get better

http://www.conkers.co.uk/index.aspx

cheers for that Yiizzal,i'll have a lok at it in the morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport