We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

im in it big time,need help/advice.....

Options

Comments

• Hobsch
    Hobsch Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mickey,

Not an expert but there are lots on here and everyone is really helpful. Wanted to say hello and by posting on here you have made a big step in the right direction. As people have already said check out what you are spending and where with a spending diary and looking over statements. I was amazed to see what I was spending and have cut back now and saved £'s. Its amazing what people want on ebay/amazon and although you may not think it you probably have a lot of stuff around the house that could be sold.

Good Luck. Everyone will be helping you out on here.

Well done for starting to sort things.
    Total Debt now £22,525.07 Start Debt £32,732.36
    £10207.29 OF DEBT PAID OFF:j 31.18%
  • mickey66_2
    Options
    doing some of the things you've suggested,but not at the moment,have to go to work,late shift.
    anyway thanks once again,and i'll be back :o
  • raq
    raq Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck, you've made the 1st step.

This site is great and my husband is sick of seeing the back of my head in the dining room.

I opened up to my other half 5 weeks ago and it was the best thing I did. He has been so surportive it's unbelievable. I can also put my hand up. No holidays, no flashy car, no flashy clothes. Our's purely went on day to day living and also we had a huge change in our circumstances. One other thing that didn't help was that wftc messed up our weekly payments and went from £65.00 to £24.00. This is also where we struggled.
    :A Tomorrow's just another day - keep smiling
  • girlsmum
    girlsmum Posts: 470 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    does your wife know, if not tell her, she needs to be aware so she can help with cutting costs, go through it together.
    good luck,
  • mickey66_2
    Options
    girlsmum wrote:
    does your wife know, if not tell her, she needs to be aware so she can help with cutting costs, go through it together.
    good luck,

...clueless with money as me :-(
  • justruth
    justruth Posts: 770 Forumite
    Options
    Lets have that SOA, so we can all be mean, tell you that you have to get rid of this that and the other and make you cut back big time on your spending. I would however suggest talking to CCCS as your liabilities far outstrip your assets and if you continue like this you will have a heart attack or a stroke or something!!!

You appear overwhelmed, so it's time for you to start controling money rather than it controlling you. When you set it all out and post it up here we can have a look at how best to help you take back that control.
    Debt £5600 all 0%
  • sanfrancisco
    Options
    You owe approx £250k as far as I can see. Do you have any objections to going bankrupt? I am pretty sure you will not loose your house (check out the massive bankruptcy thread - they will answer all your questions) as you have no equity. I think you need to have a real think about this option.
  • mickey66_2
    Options
    You owe approx £250k as far as I can see. Do you have any objections to going bankrupt? I am pretty sure you will not loose your house (check out the massive bankruptcy thread - they will answer all your questions) as you have no equity. I think you need to have a real think about this option.

..about bankruptcy,but surely i'd lose my house would'nt i?
  • mickey66_2
    Options
    justruth wrote:
    Lets have that SOA, so we can all be mean, tell you that you have to get rid of this that and the other and make you cut back big time on your spending. I would however suggest talking to CCCS as your liabilities far outstrip your assets and if you continue like this you will have a heart attack or a stroke or something!!!

You appear overwhelmed, so it's time for you to start controling money rather than it controlling you. When you set it all out and post it up here we can have a look at how best to help you take back that control.

...this afternoon/evening,gonna need a whole day just to sort that out.

i am overwhelmed and too be honest..scared...but i know ive gotta do something about it pronto.
  • sanfrancisco
    Options
    mickey66 wrote:
    ..about bankruptcy,but surely i'd lose my house would'nt i?

I have put a question over on the Bankruptcy Supporters thread. Hopefully someone can answer you accurately.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=273844&page=47
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family