PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As recently revealed, I'm not 'down with the kids' so much as off with the fairies, but I think this may go some way to explain:

https://roosterteeth.com/series/rwby

Seems the kids have gone 'heavy with the merch!' :cool:
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Pics 2 & 4 : I wonder how many insects were sprayed subsequent to shooting those two pics?

Fancy bifold doors look great, but the reality is the countryside's full of flying bugs, especially at the time when you'd most like to open them!

but haven't you noticed - all the bugs are extinct now - lets face it - when was the last time anyone had to scrape bugs off their windscreen and headlights? As a child - it was my Sunday morning pocket money job to get all the bugs out of the car grill and off the headlights while Dad washed the rest of the car. It used to take me ages. As a tearaway teen I had a little motorbike and summer evenings usually meant a visor (and teeth) full of bugs - I even remember having to use an old toothbrush to get squished bugs out of the zip on my leather jacket. :(
  • Davesnave
    Options
    but haven't you noticed - all the bugs are extinct now
    Not where I am. 19 species of butterflies noted last year. Admittedly, too few honey bees, but many types of bumble, some already foraging. Hornets too.

Then there are the cluster flies, currently coming out of the loft and into our conservatory given half a chance. Others emerge from the van's heating system in quantity, usually just after we join the motorway. We won't talk about crane flies.....

So yes, all extinct, apart from those that aren't. :)
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This is the wrong thread for this, but I need people to share my eye-rolling and it didn't seem a worth a thread of its own...

We phoned an EA to book a viewing on a house (it looks lovely on Rightmove BTW!) this weekend. EA came back and said vendor can't do this weekend - can we do an evening next week? (It's a slow-moving market here). We went back and suggested next weekend. EA then calls back to say the vendor doesn't want to do viewings at weekends....!!!

Just what?! It'll be a couple of months till evenings are light and we're not going to buy a house we haven't seen in daylight. The EA hadn't known this about their vendor before - we must be the first to view.

Trying to work out if we've found oddballs, uncommitted sellers, or there's something wrong with the house/area!
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pinkteapot wrote: »
    ... We went back and suggested next weekend. EA then calls back to say the vendor doesn't want to do viewings at weekends....!!!
    ...Trying to work out if we've found oddballs, uncommitted sellers, or there's something wrong with the house/area!

Doesn't matter what they are - they will make potential buyers, like you, suspicious and inconvenience them so they are either supremely confident that house will sell fast regardless - or naïve.
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 February 2019 at 8:22PM
    Options
    Ok, so I understand that they may not quite have finished the front, when pictures taken.

But why spend all that £££ on nice decking, but no actual access to it, from the house and why save a penny or two by not replacing the garage rear door and window.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-79654586.html

VB
  • Davesnave
    Options
    pinkteapot wrote: »
    Trying to work out if we've found oddballs, uncommitted sellers, or there's something wrong with the house/area!
    Seeking our rural idyll, we met a few very elderly smallholders, who were on the market to humour their children, rather than seriously motivated to give up their way of life. Despite that, they were very accommodating and gave up hours of their time.

Perhaps they felt secure as a result of their pricing!
  • Davesnave
    Options

He is lovely, but I'm not sure he's alive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure