PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• picket_fence
    picket_fence Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    Oh no! Please retract that Dave, or I shall suffer for weeks :(
    My Welshman was brought up in Brum & insists that the Black Country is a different area in a different county; & when he was young, a different language.

Jasper Carrott used to insist that 'they' soaked their false teeth in Domestos.

Beat me to it! Two very distinct areas :p
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh no! Please retract that Dave, or I shall suffer for weeks :(
    My Welshman was brought up in Brum & insists that the Black Country is a different area in a different county; & when he was young, a different language.

Jasper Carrott used to insist that 'they' soaked their false teeth in Domestos.

Retracted. You are quite right. :A
  • picket_fence
    picket_fence Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44639311.html
    A Black Country house :D. This particular estate agent seems to use the phrases "most appealing" and "very well arranged" in all their listings :rotfl:
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    toozie wrote: »
    Just been browsing quite a few places in Birmingham, and have a bucket in the bath seems to be the norm.

I've never put a bucket in my bath, and not sure why I would, just trying to think of reasons?

Please someone enlighten me, in case I need to find a bucket too?

Some people use a bucket to collect the water from the shower so that the initial cold water isn't wasted. It can be used to flush the loo or water the garden.
  • booksurr
    booksurr Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42402202.html

Think this one is in the street where Benefit Street was filmed (didn't watch it, but did read a bit about it)
    Actually a few bits of true retro stuff in there, amount other cr*p

Spot the child having a peek through window
    given the general ambience shown in the pictures it seems the TV programme researcher selected the correct location to film - the brain is working overtime thinking of what goes on at that table, phone and chair so carefully positioned to greet "guests" coming in the front door.

As for the oil drum :eek:
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My Welshman was brought up in Brum & insists that the Black Country is a different area in a different county; & when he was young, had a different language.

I know a lad (very pale skinned, very fair hair) who mentioned to his London workmates that his Mum had come from the Black Country, only for one girl to say "Really? I didn't know you were mixed race!"
  • LisbonLaura
    LisbonLaura Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 July 2014 at 11:52AM
    Options
    booksurr wrote: »

As for the oil drum :eek:

Living the rural peasant life for half the year, I'll have you know I envy the condition of that oil drum.
    (Though ours is outside, about 100 yds from the shack.)
    What on earth is in that benefit tub? Please don't say "oil"

Some real class here.
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43497268.html

Jaywick is always a good trawling ground, but this is way above average. I like it.
    Who needs Dungeness at 4x the price? - oh sorry Toozie, I forgot :) :whistle:
  • 20400keith
    20400keith Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    With homes in Wiltshire, New York and Tuscany it seems that Sting no longer needs his London pad.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46279043.html
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42402202.html

Think this one is in the street where Benefit Street was filmed (didn't watch it, but did read a bit about it)
    Actually a few bits of true retro stuff in there, amount other cr*p

Spot the child having a peek through window

You're absolutely right, that's been on the market for some time now. The price has dropped from £78,000 - £77,000 (less that the average Birmingham price) to the current £55,000.

Check some of the comments from Daily Fail readers. This house has been in the news since January 2014.

I can't find the article now, but I seem to remember that this particular house belonged to a little old retired gentleman who was packing up to go 'home' to the West Indies - the drum was being used to pack up his possessions for overseas transit.

That poor guy - that's his retirement fund.........:(
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Living the rural peasant life for half the year, I'll have you know I envy the condition of that oil drum.
    (Though ours is outside, about 100 yds from the shack.)
    What on earth is in that benefit tub? Please don't say "oil"

Some real class here.
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43497268.html

Jaywick is always a good trawling ground, but this is way above average. I like it.
    Who needs Dungeness at 4x the price? - oh sorry Toozie, I forgot :) :whistle:

You're forgiven, that's class it has the look of Noah's Ark form outside!!
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport