PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• DRP
    DRP Posts: 4,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Samantha99 wrote: »
    Did anyone see it last night?

They appeared to spend £1m on a semi detached, poorly constructed, overlooked on many angles house last night.

Amazing!

Yes , I saw it. They didn't mention the attached house much did they ... ?:eek:

They kept showing the wonderful views from the cupola, but the wide shots made it obvious it was packed into a fairly dense housing estate on 3 sides...

I wonder what the neighbours thought of the restoration?

Although I love 'restoration' type shows, Restoration Home is pretty much the worst of them - lots of filler (the pair of historians) and Quentin adds nothing beyond saying how wonderful/nice/beautiful the restored house is... give me kevin mcloud or george thingymajig anyday!
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    Options
    Did anyone see it last night?

Yep. I felt sorry for hubby - talk about a 'high maintaince' Mrs! :( £1.25m for a Devon semi, and she was already whinging about missing her friends in London! I expect it'll be on the market within 18 months when they seperate.

Plus for at least 50% of this series, the restorations haven't finished before the final filming. Annoying you're supposed to ooh and ahh over the first-fix! At least Grand Designs let's you see the finished home.
  • Samantha99
    Options
    There's a loo in the lounge? Bizarre
  • wannahouse
    wannahouse Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's gorgeous though and so huuuuuge for that price - love it :D Could I put up with overlooking a power station? For that house at that price, quite possibly ;)
    oh my gosh!!!
    what a lovely house!!!
  • millicent
    millicent Posts: 234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Contessa wrote: »

Perhaps they don't have a TV! :D
    46,484 > 0(January):beer:

100%paid:D

Here is a purse of moneys... which I'm not going to give to you. :D
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    Picture 8 - Yes, that is loo, sink and shower actually IN the room - nice(!)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41661038.html
  • fionajbanana
    fionajbanana Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options

Well, the only benefit is you don't miss any action from any sports matches you watch if you caught short.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You haven't been in many care homes, have you? :)

Looks a bargain at that price, but of course it won't go for that price!;)
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2013 at 6:27PM
    Options
    Looks a bargain at that price, but of course it won't go for that price!

Surely it's £250,000 for the one acre plot, not that bothy? 5 or 6 "executive homes" for peeps working in Falmouth?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure