Pointshop.co.uk has debited me for £45 x 2!

Options

Comments

• Gina_T
    Gina_T Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    I think you'll find that you did... on both counts. ;)

Wealdroam - I think you will find that I did not, as Pointshop have promised to refund me after a further discussion with a member of their team !!

They believe that accounts on Facebook have been hacked, and not by them. They believe that is an affiliate network has acted illegally ........... and abused their campaign.

I hope that anyone else who has been a victim of this illegal activity will also be successful in obtaining a refund.
  • sammi1989
    Options
    I'm sorry but these people rely on these scams to get their money obviously no-one wants to sign up to their site (which is understandable to be honest) so they trick people into doing it. The only place it stated about £45 was in a supposed e-mail we never received, trust me if I knew I'd be signing up this I never would of clicked to continue. I have a young baby why the hell would I want to spend MY money on crap like that when I have a family to support. I've told loads of people to stay away from their website and they've been report to the fraud department. STAY AWAY people.
  • i3a1l3y
    Options
    Deary me, they have done exactly the same to me and have rinsed me of THREE £45 payments! WHAT A JOKE.

I didn't event think anything of it when I signed up as I thought I had unsubscribed immediately! I didn't get my toothbrush, nor anything else - surely this is compeltely illegal? Imagine going into a shop on the highstreet and being scammed like this, tell me then the police wouldn't do something.

If anyone can advise on getting a refund that would be great. I plan on trying to get the website shut down, one way or another.
  • makara
    makara Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i3a1l3y - have you now cancelled? If not, they may take a 4th payment
  • Beverley_Bill
    Options
    Thanks to the money savers on this forum I have just managed to save a friend from being debited another £45 next month as he already paid out £91 and received no goods. The pointshop site is very clever as it records every time you log in or look at the main site. When you say you havent read the T&C's, they can prove otherwise, and that is how they are able to charge your account every 30 days.

Their trick is to send email notices as spam and hope you wont read them and even if you ask for help they just use the FAQ to answer your questions. Of course you could always ring customer services but something tells me that calls to Denmark may well be routed through some call centre based in Barbados.

Be Cautious.
    If something seems too good to be true, then don't click on it!!!
    My names not Bill but I am from Beverley
  • Salopian29
    Options
    Like everyone else I have been suckered by this scam, losing 2 x £45 withdrawals from my credit card.
    And I paid for a Braun electric toothbrush - which I have never received.
    I have followed the advice on here for unsubscribing from VIP membership and will watch my cc statement next month with interest.
    Thanks for all the advice on this site.
  • MrsBoyler
    Options
    I never opened an account with them my card was used without my consent. no goods were received and the account address given is not mine. My bank wont help
    they have taken £135.00 from my account and I cant stop the payments . Below is the answer I keep getting from them, I have told them that the name and address on the account is not mine but they still wont refund.

Ihave told you that the bank will be able to help you in your case. You must speak with them in order to sort this out. I can only say this so many times. As far as having no goods, having looked through your account I can see you have not received the perfume yet, that however is because you have never completed the order for the free welcome gift from our shop – this is no fault of our own. When you ordered the 14 day VIP membership trial, we stated on the campaign site that we would add the 4660 points required to buy the product in to your PointShop account, which you have had access to since you created the account. However, you have failed to order the free product.
    You can still do so via the link below because of course, the points we awarded your account for taking up the discounted membership trial are still there and available for you to use:

If you have any problems ordering, please let me know.
    Now, let me clear up why the £45 charge was made. When you signed up to for the 14 day discounted VIP membership trial, you signed up to a running subscription whereby if you didn’t unsubscribe within the 14 day trail period you would be charged the full VIP membership price of £45 per month until you unsubscribed. This was made clear on the campaign site you visited, and in the terms you accepted.
    As for people being "cheated" we do nothing of the sort. We have subscription service that we make people aware of on the campaign page, the payment page and in our terms and conditions that users must accept before they go on and pay.
    Not only that, we also send an email to the user again explaining the membership and subscription and the related costs. We have no binding period, users can unsubscribe when they like is it is within the 14 day trial period or after - it is up to the user.
    Below is the campaign site:
    You will see all of the info is on there and in the terms that were accepted.
    Plus, enter in your details and go to the second page, we clearly state the membership costs there too.
    Kind regards

Jeanette Morgan, customer support
    PointShop.co.uk v/ PointShop A/S, Skibbrogade 3, 3. sal, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
  • makara
    makara Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mrs Boyler - you need to persist with your Bank - if you didn't subscribe to Pointshop, your bank are obliged to refund you
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 July 2012 at 7:41PM
    Options
    MrsBoyler wrote: »
    I never opened an account with them my card was used without my consent. no goods were received and the account address given is not mine. My bank wont help
    they have taken £135.00 from my account and I cant stop the payments . Below is the answer I keep getting from them, I have told them that the name and address on the account is not mine but they still wont refund.
    Ihave told you that the bank will be able to help you in your case. You must speak with them in order to sort this out. I can only say this so many times. As far as having no goods, having looked through your account I can see you have not received the perfume yet, that however is because you have never completed the order for the free welcome gift from our shop – this is no fault of our own. When you ordered the 14 day VIP membership trial, we stated on the campaign site that we would add the 4660 points required to buy the product in to your PointShop account, which you have had access to since you created the account. However, you have failed to order the free product.
    You can still do so via the link below because of course, the points we awarded your account for taking up the discounted membership trial are still there and available for you to use:

If you have any problems ordering, please let me know.
    Now, let me clear up why the £45 charge was made. When you signed up to for the 14 day discounted VIP membership trial, you signed up to a running subscription whereby if you didn’t unsubscribe within the 14 day trail period you would be charged the full VIP membership price of £45 per month until you unsubscribed. This was made clear on the campaign site you visited, and in the terms you accepted.
    As for people being "cheated" we do nothing of the sort. We have subscription service that we make people aware of on the campaign page, the payment page and in our terms and conditions that users must accept before they go on and pay.
    Not only that, we also send an email to the user again explaining the membership and subscription and the related costs. We have no binding period, users can unsubscribe when they like is it is within the 14 day trial period or after - it is up to the user.
    Below is the campaign site:
    You will see all of the info is on there and in the terms that were accepted.
    Plus, enter in your details and go to the second page, we clearly state the membership costs there too.
    Kind regards

Jeanette Morgan, customer support
    PointShop.co.uk v/ PointShop A/S, Skibbrogade 3, 3. sal, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
    Mrs Boyler, why have you not insisted that your bank either refund you or show you proof that the deductions from your account are legitimate?

If you are sure you didn't sign up with these people, then you need to be more forceful with you bank.

Have you explained to your bank how they, whoever used the card without your consent, managed to get the three digit security code from the back of you card without your knowledge?

Do you know who used the card without your consent?
    How did your card details become available to this other person?
  • Seren2012
    Options
    I have taken up an offer with this company, I received my free gift of the Phillips docking station, I then cancelled my subscription but received no confirmation of this, if you read the small print on the website it says you must receive email confirmation of your cancellation, I contacted customer service via email, and have subsequently received confirmation of my cancellation, and now have received my docking station and not been charged
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure