Pointshop.co.uk has debited me for £45 x 2!

Options

Comments

• zohre6
    zohre6 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    By the way, I notice one of their emails mentions you can donate to charity through them. Has anyone checked whether they charities donated to ever receive these funds? If they are fraudulent with hacking personal Facebook accounts to get email addresses, then they're probably fraudulent in other ways too!! Can we get the Danish police interested in this case?
  • Gina_T
    Gina_T Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Zohre6 I have had EXACTLY the same as you - I ordered the toothbrush but have never received it. I have never received any emails from them either !! I have contacted both my bank and Pointshop directly via their email system

Below is a transcript of my email to them and their replies so far - I am furious !!!!

SupportID # 594474

16 May 2012 at 15:03...

I have today been advised that you have taken £45 from my bank account. I have not authorised you to do this and have reported this fraudulent transaction to my bank.
    I registered with you in April and authorised a payment of £1 for a Braun Toothbrush. I have never received this toothbrush.
    I have NEVER received any emails from you regarding terms and conditions etc as you state on your website. I have not agreed or authorised you to deduct £45 from my bank account and request that my money is returned with immediate effect.
    please confirm by return that you will refund my money with immediate effect, and I will stop any further action being taken.
    Thank you

16 May 2012 at 17:33...

Hi Gina,

unfortunately we can not refund your money because you did not terminate your subscription in time.The reason why you have not received your introduction present is because you did not order it yet. Before you can order your gift, you need to get your guarantees. You can do this by logging in to PointShop, going to My account and choosing Guarantees. After obtaining your number guarantee and your address guarantee, you can order your gift on the following link:

I have fetched the following informations about your VIP membership

Membership number: Member number: Period from: Period to: Amount:
    339399 11805957 08 April 2012 22 April 2012 1
    339399 11805957 30 April 2012 30 May 2012 45

Your membership status is currently: UNSUBSCRIBED (16-05-2012 17:29:54)

The campaign you have used is called get a Braun electric toothbrush for £1. Here you tried PointShop VIP for 14 days for £1

As a welcome bonus you at the same time received 4660 points, which from our webshop could be exchanged into the welcome gift.

As mentioned on the site, is the PointShop VIP membership a subscription, which automatically is renewed unless a unsubscription has been made in the meantime.

I have below listed a couple of the most frequently asked questions, which probably would help you to find answers for your questions:

Why has there been made a withdrawal of £45 from my account?
    It happened, when we renewed your VIP membership. As we have not registred, that the membership had been cancelled our system has automatically withdrawn £45 after the end of the trial.

I have never accepted that I would get signed up for a membership
    That is not correct. It has not been possible to order, without accepting our terms. We have made it a big deal to make aware of that it is a membership in question:

It is mentioned on the campaignsite (click here to see)
    It is mentioned in the order confirmation (click here to see)
    It was written in the welcome e-mail (click here to see)
    I have not received my welcome gift
    When you ordered VIP, 4660 points was deposited on your PointShop account. It is the account transaction that is called "VIP ordering bonus (Braun electric toothbrush)". You can use those points to order your welcome gift from our shop. You find it by searching in the shop, for the name of the product.

It is not me who has ordered
    As the order has been paid with credit card, it could in this case sound like, that others have had access to your credit card informations. If this is the case, we recommend, that you contact your bank and get your card closed and the amount anulled. At the same time your should cancel your VIP subsctiption, here on the site.

Beside that this information was entered upon sign up:

I hope this solved your problem, otherwise you are more than welcome to contact me again :-)

Kind regards

Jeanette Morgan, customer support

PointShop.co.uk v/ PointShop A/S, Skibbrogade 3, 3. sal, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
    Links: What people say about PointShop.co.uk - Latest news (mav)

17 May 2012 at 12:02...

I do not accept your reply. I did not agree to you taking money from my bank account and you have therefore acted fraudulently. I did not sign any agreement with you. I did not receive any contractual emails from you. I have instructed my bank to launch a fraud case against your company. I will be informing the necessary bodies to ensure you are held accountable. You company have acted fraudulently and without my agreement, and I request AGAIN that you refund my money immediately. If I do not receive a refund within 48 hours, I will put the above in place, I will also ensure that public networking sites are made aware of your fraud. I agree I purchased a toothbrush for £1. I did not authorise you to take any further monies from my bank account. This is called THEFT. I look forward to your early reply.

17 May 2012 at 12:27...

Hi,

I confirm that your paying membership was terminated, no more money will be charged to your account.

You have made the membership on our website, you have filled in your personal information and you have accepted the terms and conditions of the membership which is as binding as a contract. It was your responsibility to read the terms and conditions carefully before ticking the box "I am over the age of 18 and I accept the terms".

Moreover, we offer our customers the possibility to cancel their order and receive their money back up to 14 days after subscribing.

I am sorry, but a refund is not possible in your case.

Kind regards

PointShop.co.uk v/ PointShop A/S, Skibbrogade 3, 3. sal, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
    Links: What people say about PointShop.co.uk - Latest news (mav)

17 May 2012 at 12:40...

Your website states that I will be sent emails

"I have never accepted that I would get signed up for a membership
    That is not correct. It has not been possible to order, without accepting our terms. We have made it a big deal to make aware of that it is a membership in question:

It is mentioned on the campaignsite (click here to see)
    It is mentioned in the order confirmation (click here to see)
    It was written in the welcome e-mail (click here to see) "

I have never received any of the above emails - I do not accept your reply and I will now be taking this matter further and will be contacting the British Police to report the theft.

17 May 2012 at 12:41...

Hello,

When you signed up, you accepted the terms and conditions, in which it is clearly stated that it is a running subscription if you don't cancel it within the 14 day trial period. It was stated already on the campaign site:

It was also stated several times through the registration process.

Therefore I stick with the previous answers that I cannot make any refunds.

Kind regards

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gina T, did you pay £1 for a Braun toothbrush?

If you did, I cannot understand how that happened without you agreeing to their T&Cs.
  • Gina_T
    Gina_T Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I did pay £1 for the Braun toothbrush - which I have never received - but I did not agree to any terms and conditions and I did NOT authorise them to take any further monies from my bank account !!! They state that they sent me emails regarding terms and conditions - but I have never received them - I have searched through all of my emails looking for both "Pointshop" as their trading name and "cmnetwork.dk" as their company name. I have found nothing !!!
  • tiltal
    tiltal Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    My 12 year old signed up for pointshop under the impression they would be getting some cheap perfume as a suprise for me (bless them), using my debit card (I never knew this). They never realised that I would be charged £45.
    Well I only found out when I went withdraw some money and got the shameful notice on screen of 'insufficient funds' lol!
    I put a refund claim in as they say under age children shouldn't access their account. This was in January. I had to send a birth certificate in for my 12 year old and my bank statement. I did get the £45 back a month later in February.
    I thought no more of it, until this week I put some money and a cheque in my account. When the cheque had cleared I went to do some shopping but noticed some of the money had gone already which was strange as I don't really use that account. I checked and a pending debit card transaction for £45 was waiting to go out. I was racking my brain as I hadn't spent anything on my card. I spoke to some one from my bank and they confirmed it was pointshop!!! I don't understand??? I checked the pointshop account and it said my account was deactivated and no more charges would be taken! My bank have to wait for the pending transaction to show pointshop name before they can give me back the money. I have been checking my account every day, but it isn't showing as pointshop yet. I checked today and guess what...yep they have taken another £45!! That's £90 in 2 days! I am fuming! Rang my bank and still got to wait although they will definitely give me the money back. We had a 3 way conversation with the bank, point shop and me, and the bank explained and all they kept saying was the account has been deactivated and they couldn't see any money taken recently! They wouldn't look into the £90 using my debit card details,just kept saying I need to write in! My bank kept asking if they couldn't look into it as money had been taken without permission. Pointshop was having none of it!She kept saying someone must have accessed my card and signed up for a new account in a different email address!
    My bank even said that there appears to be something dodgy going off. I am also going to report this to the fraud department. I have evidence of my account being de-activated so they should be able to do something..

This company needs to be stopped, I am so angry they have taken £90 in 2 days, and I have limited money left now. :mad:
  • michael.brodie
    Options
    My goodness, I also have been stung by this crew and do not remember agreeing to T&C. There must be a way these crooks can be stopped. I have lost £1 for the toothbrush and £45 for the vip right's and never saw anything about vip treatment.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gina_T wrote: »
    ...I did not agree to any terms and conditions and I did NOT authorise them to take any further monies from my bank account !!!
    I think you'll find that you did... on both counts. ;)
  • Dishepherd
    Dishepherd Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    really annoyed, i did this for a angrybird toy, paid £1 with creditcard then took card details off the site straight away and ive been charged £45
  • makara
    makara Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dishepherd wrote: »
    really annoyed, i did this for a angrybird toy, paid £1 with creditcard then took card details off the site straight away and ive been charged £45

Just taking card details off won't unsubscribe you from the VIP membership - make sure you do that too (see my earlier posts on this thread for HOW to do so).
  • Dishepherd
    Dishepherd Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    weve all been had, we need to make people aware, if only we knew a good hacker to deal with the site lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure