We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Unlocking for Nokia phones (merged threads)

1…2021232526…58

Comments

  • drahcir_2
    drahcir_2 Posts: 4,127 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    i know a couple in london and someone croydon way.
    but should be plenty of independant shops / market stalls around.
    dont try cpw, phones 4 u type shops cos they wont do it
  • Browntoa wrote:
    should have asked me for the settings...lol

    don't know anyone down there I'm afraid
    Long time no see - just sent you a pm.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,625 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    yes...after the old forum died I found a new home ...lol !!
    Ex forum ambassador

    Long term forum member
  • Browntoa wrote:
    yes...after the old forum died I found a new home ...lol !!

    well you did sleep around so sure there was always a place to lay yer head
  • Browntoa, I did send you a PM but then decided to try myself anyway!
  • ahll
    ahll Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi all,
    Sorry to bother you but I am trying to unlock my mobile and I have gone to a couple of free sites. The one you suggested but I dont know what some of the questions mean.

    What is the GEN and how do I know which one I need for the fone ?
    Is it the same as the boxserial ? Asked 4 by trycktill.com

    Also there seems be the option for calculating DCT4 or DCT3...how do you know which one you should use for your mobile ?

    I am trying to unlock mine and my nieces both
    Nokia 3510i
    Vodafone
    IMEI :
    354348003987257
    354348004004268

    Thanks :T
    "The time is always right to do what is right"
  • Hi,

    I've had similar problems with my Virgin Nokia 1100 to some of the people earlier in this thread. I bought codes from Keep Talking, but was so confused by their instructions that I initially entered them with the SIM still in. When I tried them without the SIM, they still didn't work and said "Not allowed".

    I guess I'm nearly at the five tries - one time, the code disappeared while I was checking I'd done it right, so I don't know whether that counts.

    Can you help me at all? It's a Nokia 1100, locked to Virgin, IMEI number:
    355398008140781.

    If I've used up all my code hits, is there anything else I can do?

    I really hope you can help.

    Thanks,

    JB
  • Oh woe is me!! :confused: I have searched, I have bought cables :confused: and I have just paid £1.80? for a code and none of the solutions seem to work!
    Problem is this, I bought a couple of phones from eBay which are all ok, but are SUPPOSED to be unlocked! But none seem to be? I have 02, voda,T-Mobile, Virgin sims and none will work so i am assuming that they have to be on Orange?? (One certainly has to be as itis locked and has an orange badge?) Can anyone help me?? IMEI numbers are not a problem.
    What I have done si to input the codes and nothing happens at all, the display still shows the number I have input and the words clear at bottom right of screen.
    HELP!! Please!!

    Chris
  • drahcir_2
    drahcir_2 Posts: 4,127 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    @ahll
    enter the codes below
    it will be code 1 i think for voda but if no good try 5 then 7
    take the sim out of your phone and turn phone on.

    Insert Sim should obviously appear.

    Then use the * key to enter the W - P and +. push twice for the +, 3 times for the P and so on.

    After you enter the code you should get a message which hopefully says 'Restriction Removed' or something like that
    354348003987257
    #pw+177 554 704 557 351+1#
    #pw+035 223 067 374 326+5#
    #pw+185 934 717 311 636+7#
    354348004004268
    #pw+283 235 712 134 130+1#
    #pw+327 846 055 510 141+5#
    #pw+706 070 534 412 172+7#
  • drahcir_2
    drahcir_2 Posts: 4,127 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    JB007 wrote:
    Hi,

    I've had similar problems with my Virgin Nokia 1100 to some of the people earlier in this thread. I bought codes from Keep Talking, but was so confused by their instructions that I initially entered them with the SIM still in. When I tried them without the SIM, they still didn't work and said "Not allowed".

    I guess I'm nearly at the five tries - one time, the code disappeared while I was checking I'd done it right, so I don't know whether that counts.

    Can you help me at all? It's a Nokia 1100, locked to Virgin, IMEI number:
    355398008140781.

    If I've used up all my code hits, is there anything else I can do?

    I really hope you can help.

    Thanks,

    JB
    try this
    #pw+126 624 156 141 745+7#
    use instructions above to enter the code (make sure you enter the #PW+ bits as well)
    can leave sim in - dont seem to matter
    it will say "cannot undo restriction" if you use all you tries, but can still be done by cable
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.