I want unlimited internet for £15 per mth

I'm with ASDL4LESS (hotchilli) and have been for the last 2 years. Over the last couple of months my bandwith has been restricted at peek times. I want to move to an ISP that offers a totally unlimited service.

Im looking into either AOL or telwest, anyone coment on either.

Thanks in advance
MSE:-)MoneySpendingExpert (-:

Comments

• timberflake
    timberflake Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Have a look here @ the AOL and Telwest forums here http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/

These are posts by customers so you can get a good idea of how good the isp is.
  • debs626 wrote:
    Im looking into either AOL or telwest, anyone coment on either.Thanks in advance

Hi
    It seems AOL now have a "Fair Use Policy" and they are prepared to throttle if necessary news terms come into effect from Feb 2007, have a look here:
    here

I don't belive any isp will offer you unlimited for £15, but if you find one please tell me :D
  • Im with ADSL4LESS too. last year i was on the 2Gb limit and when my contract came up for renewal i told them i could get unlimited from the likes of tiscali for £15 per month. I asked them if they could match it and they duly obliged. My speed dropped from 2Mb to 1Mb but it is unlimited for £15 per month. Give it a go, they can only say no!
  • sarah_elton
    sarah_elton Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't belive any isp will offer you unlimited for £15, but if you find one please tell me :D

And me! On here browsing as my contract with Pipex ends in Feb and am considering moving.

I pay £23.99 for 1Mb (I'm quite a distance from the exchange so not sure I can get faster) unlimited, but my download speed drops off weekday evenings, so I suspect I'm being throttled(?).

Any recommendations?

EDIT: Thanks moneysaving people! Just phoned Pipex and asked them to price-match Tiscali. They would only drop me to £14.99 if they could put a 15Gb cap on. I said I'm a heavy user and he said no you're not, you average 12Gb and have only been over 15 twice in the last year! So I said yes. I'll get an email warning before going over the limit and if that happens will just stop downloading that month. That's £9/month saved after browsing this board on a whim. :D
  • MissMuppet
    MissMuppet Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    Hi,

I'm looking to change my broadband in the New Year and have found that Tiscali are doing 2Mb broadband for £14.99 a month including free weekend calls (or you can have without). I'm not sure what they're like but they have unlimited download (fair usage policy applies) and they're quite well known.

If anyone has Tiscali maybe they could comment on the service?

Thanks! :)
  • MissMuppet wrote:
    Hi,

I'm looking to change my broadband in the New Year and have found that Tiscali are doing 2Mb broadband for £14.99 a month including free weekend calls (or you can have without). I'm not sure what they're like but they have unlimited download (fair usage policy applies) and they're quite well known.

If anyone has Tiscali maybe they could comment on the service?

Thanks! :)

All you need to know here about Tiscali, who are the most complained about isp in the country,
    Read what their customers are saying about them
    here
  • All you need to know here about Tiscali, who are the most complained about isp in the country,
    Read what their customers are saying about them
    here

I posted a link to the same site in my first post. ADSLguide is a fantastic site, I'm a regular over there on the IDNet forum, probably the happiest forum on the site!!
  • Sky does 16 MB speed unlimited for £10 per month if you have a sky package with them and now they also seem to have cheaper phone offers than BT too.
  • MissMuppet
    MissMuppet Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    I read about Tiscali after I posted yesterday, I've found that NTL are doing some offers at the moment as well, 2 for £20 - Broadband and TV.
  • Sky, ntl, Tiscali, they're all rubbish! You really should read the adslguide fourms, if their existing users aren't happy there's little chance you're going to be. As for the 16mb connection offered by Sky, you mush remember thats UP TO 16mb, if your phone line will only support 5mb that's the best you'll get.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure