Santander esaver issue 3

Options
Hi all

I have the above account and it has disappeared from the Santander website; they now advertise a new issue (4) at a slightly lower rate so would just like to check that issue 3 is still unchanged rate wise (3%). Any help greatly appreciated.

downshifter98

Comments

• jampratt
    jampratt Posts: 1,057 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

I have the above account and it has disappeared from the Santander website; they now advertise a new issue (4) at a slightly lower rate so would just like to check that issue 3 is still unchanged rate wise (3%). Any help greatly appreciated.

downshifter98

Same situation, just opened an issue 3 @ 3%, how do i check what rate i am getting? Santander have a habit of reducing the rate and opening up a new issue i think.
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 July 2011 at 10:17AM
    Options

Savings interest rates for accounts no longer available to customers

Click here to view interest rates for accounts no longer available to customers.

On their website, my friends
  • downshifter98
    Options
    On their website, my friends

Yes, that's the only page I could find but no mention of issue 3 (the instant access saver issue 3 is not it).

I'm sure they used to have a page for 'closed' accounts but it seems well hidden - might have to ring them later (that should be fun!).
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, that's the only page I could find but no mention of issue 3 (the instant access saver issue 3 is not it).

I'm sure they used to have a page for 'closed' accounts but it seems well hidden - might have to ring them later (that should be fun!).

I spent half an hour, no....you are right...I couldn't find that either.

Maybe the list will be updated next week.
  • malc_b
    malc_b Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It even worse. When I log in all I see is eSaver. I can't tell my issue I have. I didn't find any info on "eSaver" issue 3 on the given link either.
  • downshifter98
    Options
    It even worse. When I log in all I see is eSaver. I can't tell my issue I have

I have had 3 esavers over the past few years and they are all just listed as 'esaver' on my account list - 2 have nothing in them but 1 is issue 3 (fingers crossed) - it has the highest account number, but that is the only clue!
  • malc_b
    malc_b Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 July 2011 at 6:44PM
    Options
    I've messaged Santander to ask. And at the same time pointed out that my Halifax savers account tell me their interest rate. IMO all accounts should. Why hide it unless you are just out to confuse the customer (which of course they are).

UPDATE: Well that seems to have lit a fire (perhaps because I selected complaint as subject). I got a call back just now from someone who said Santander were have a lot of such complaints. They have a issue with their web site (of no interest rates) and that's being looked at. It turns out I have an Issue 3 and the interest rate is 3% gross (0.5%+2.5% bonus as I recall with the bonus valid for 1yr I think).
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So you don't forget exactly which account you do have it is possible to amend the account name when online. Select add,remove or rename account which is located on the opening page once logged in.

To remind myself if I ever have any queries mine reads E-Saver Issue3 3.00% AER.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks, I also have the esaver 3, which changed to just "esaver" in my page, and also sent a complaint in about not being able to find the current interest rate.
  • pcyam
    pcyam Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    if you ring them they can easily look it up for you on accounts no longer available, alternative you can pop into branch and get them to print you off a copy.
    HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport