Noddle

Options

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 July 2011 at 12:39PM
    Options
    The whole thing looks a bit scary to me too. . .
    I think Noddle has set this up on the cheap, using pre-existing facilities just for the purpose of the trial. I would seriously hope and expect that these security issues will be properly addressed by the time it is rolled out in full.

Edit
    There is a feedback button on the site when you're logged-in so might be worth giving them some feedback on the security issues.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • spikescot2005
    Options
    Set up my account on callcredit and viewed my file. Did anyone check there credit score and if so do you get charged if you do. Didnt want to view it if I was going to get charged.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 August 2011 at 11:32PM
    Options
    Set up my account on callcredit and viewed my file. Did anyone check there credit score and if so do you get charged if you do. Didnt want to view it if I was going to get charged.
    You have to wait to get your new passkey from Noddle before you can log in to the Noddle website (not the Callcredit site).

Noddle does not include credit scores but you do get an indicator as a score out of 5.

Edit
    You may find this post of some interest.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • spikescot2005
    Options
    That's not what I mean. On the callcredit site when you sign up using the noddle link you can view you credit score on the callcredit site but does it charge you for this?
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I signed up yesterday, accessed my call credit check report, but haven't had an email from Noddle with the password to my Noddle account.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I get the impression that someone is still having to manually add each user/account to the noddle site, so it may be a day or two before you get a noddle password through.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Gordon_Hose
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That's not what I mean. On the callcredit site when you sign up using the noddle link you can view you credit score on the callcredit site but does it charge you for this?

Click the button and read what they say, I just did, took me 3 seconds. It'll explain everything for you.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    I get the impression that someone is still having to manually add each user/account to the noddle site, so it may be a day or two before you get a noddle password through.

That's what I was thinking. I'm slightly worried that I've set up some sort of recurring payment with Call Credit Check no though lol
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    That's what I was thinking. I'm slightly worried that I've set up some sort of recurring payment with Call Credit Check no though lol

If you used the correct link to sign up, then it should be OK.

If you are worried, then use the "messages" tab on their site to query it with their customer services. Some people have done a double check that way, and had a message back confirming that they wouldn't be charged.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Gordon_Hose
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I logged into Call Credit Check for another look around, accessed my pre-downloaded file twice and it told me: "You have had your allotted number of reports."

LOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport