game in macclesfield

Options
13»

Comments

• gyzmo
    gyzmo Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow! quote a lot of rants - lets get some things clear.

1. You have the same rights under the Sale of Goods Act when buying second hand stuff as you do when buying new stuff.
    2. goods must be as described, last a reasonable amount of time, fit for purpose etc. If they are not, then you are entitled to a refund UNLESS:
    3. The reason for return is a fault that was pointed out at the time of sale and that the fault does not breach any health and safety regulations.

Take the goods back to game and ask for a refund or replacement / credit note. If they refuse, then follow the normal course of contacting trading Stanards / Consumer Direct. The shop's conditions and refund policy does not apply if the the goods have not met statutory provisions, so it does not matter what they say.

Your son's special needs will really not apply unless they are covered by statute (you could say, for example, that he was incapable of making a contract) - but that is a different matter.
    Don't bother trying to sue me - I've got no money!
  • Bamber19
    Bamber19 Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    Options
    auditbabe wrote:
    I get the feeling that the previous posters may not understand what you mean by special needs. Does he have learning disabilities if that is the case and the staff did not try to find out if the game purchased was suitable then you may have a case of discrimation.

discrimination for treating him like any other person who enters the store?
    Bought, not Brought
  • dazco
    dazco Posts: 19,261 Forumite
    Options
    auditbabe wrote:
    I get the feeling that the previous posters may not understand what you mean by special needs. Does he have learning disabilities if that is the case and the staff did not try to find out if the game purchased was suitable then you may have a case of discrimation.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Well done:T
    S!!!!horpe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills