game in macclesfield

Options
am shocked my son has special needs he,s 17 and went alone to spend his christmas money he has bought a preowned play station star wars lego game for 24.99 which i was shocked at the price but worse its scratched and doesnt play hes just got home so game is shut but am so mad at him being well and truley ripped of , what are our rights :confused:

Comments

• shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Take it back, say it doesn't work and ask for a refund.

That's all you can do really.

I can't agree he was ripped off if he had chosen the game himself and knew the price.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • bugbabe
    bugbabe Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    he was well and truly riped off at 24.99 for preowned he thought it was a new game as i said he has special needs so wouldnt think to check
  • maka_2
    maka_2 Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Options
    bugbabe wrote:
    he was well and truly riped off at 24.99 for preowned he thought it was a new game as i said he has special needs so wouldnt think to check

the fact he has special needs does not alter the fact he went into the shop and bought it, what would you like game to do ask all there customers if they are specail needs and are they sure they really want to pay x amount of pounds for there games? there job is to sell to people who what to buy and it just so happens your son wanted to buy so they done there job by selling it to him. Infact it is down to you to ensure you son is buying the correct thing. all you need to do is take it back no need to get so up tight about it.
    :beer: LOVE LIFE PROCEED & PROGRESS
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bugbabe wrote:

I thought all pre owned games had a massive sticker on them saying so?

Have to agree with the other poster - the staff had no way of knowing he may have needed help unless he asked for it - and if there could be any problems with him shopping on his own, he really shouldn't have gone alone IMO.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    To be fair... the sticker isnt exactly massive.. its just a different colour.. thats it!

all game sections should be seperated in my opinion as pre owned games are mixed or next to normal ones.. but there should be a completely diff section for all preowned games! ah well
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • bugbabe
    Options
    am not saying they should treat him any different cos of his special needs am saying it to explain to you that i feel he has been riped of as the game is scratched to bits and 24.99 for a preowned game is a bit much am not saying i want him to have special treatment am saying i feel he has been riped of with a game he thought was new as he picked the case of the shelf with the new games
  • Honeydog
    Honeydog Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    I reckon if you go back with the game and the receipt to the shop and explain what happened they'll give you your money back or let him swap it for a new copy of the same game if that's what he really wanted.

I've been buying from Game for years and the staff have always been very reasonable and helpful to me.

HTH Good luck with it.

Just a small point but I ALWAYS without fail open DVDs, CDs and PS2 games as soon as I've bought them - that way if there's a problem you can get it sorted straight away and there are no misunderstandings. Might be a suggestion for your lad to try next time.
    Don't grow up. Its a trap!

Peace, love and labradors!
  • shop-to-drop
    Options
    I don't think there will be a problem at Game have a non conditional 10 day returns policy even if you just change your mind.
    :j Trytryagain FLYLADY - SAYE £700 each month Premium Bonds £713 Mortgage Was £100,000@20/6/08 now zilch 21/4/15:beer: WTL - 52 (I'll do it 4 MUM)
  • bugbabe
    Options
    thanks i know i may be over reacting abit but its hard am trying o let my son have a bit of indepence as he,s nearly 18
  • shop-to-drop
    Options
    I have a brother with Downs Syndrome who lives independently with support (he 35). I always feel really protective over him and worry about him being ripped off and taken advantage of so I completely understand. I think in this instance though there won't be any problem at all.

Hope he enjoys his game when he gets it.
    :j Trytryagain FLYLADY - SAYE £700 each month Premium Bonds £713 Mortgage Was £100,000@20/6/08 now zilch 21/4/15:beer: WTL - 52 (I'll do it 4 MUM)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure