game in macclesfield

Options

Comments

• auditbabe
    Options
    I get the feeling that the previous posters may not understand what you mean by special needs. Does he have learning disabilities if that is the case and the staff did not try to find out if the game purchased was suitable then you may have a case of discrimation.
    Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
  • bugbabe
    bugbabe Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    no its nothing to do with the game being suitale he was buying a new game he thought and for 24.99 for a playstaton i can understand why am mad because they have sold him a scratched and doesnt work preowned game for 24.99 he has a rare form of eplipsey and autstic tendises am not saying they should treat him different am just trying to explain why i feel he,s been riped of
  • steve_r123
    Options
    Game's attitude stinks to returning games. They will probably try to accuse you of scratching the disk, so they don't have to give you a refund/replacement.

Check the bottom of the receipt, there is usually a paragraph on there basically telling you not to even bother taking it back:confused:
  • steve_r123
    Options
    Game's attitude stinks to returning games. They will probably try to accuse you of scratching the disk, so they don't have to give you a refund/replacement.

Check the bottom of the receipt, there is usually a paragraph on there basically telling you not to even bother taking it back:confused:
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    auditbabe wrote:
    I get the feeling that the previous posters may not understand what you mean by special needs. Does he have learning disabilities if that is the case and the staff did not try to find out if the game purchased was suitable then you may have a case of discrimation.

I know exactly what Special Needs is and means so understand where the OP is coming from.

What I was trying to say is, if he doesn't have obvious signs of Special Needs, then the shop staff wouldn't know would they?

This isn't about the son having Special Needs anyway, its about the son buying what he assumed was a brand new game, but was given a preowned game.

It could have been a sloppy staff member who got the new and preowned games mixed up, maybe they scanned the BN box but gave the lad the preowned game by mistake. There are lots of reasons for mistakes at this time of year what with the amount of people out there shopping in the sales and staff tearing their hair out trying to deal with so many customers.

All I was saying was that if the OP truly thinks their son was ripped off because of his special needs, then he should really have someone out with him shopping in future.

All he needs to do is return it and ask for a refund - I'm sure there will be no problem :)
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    I don't think there will be a problem at Game have a non conditional 10 day returns policy even if you just change your mind.

Isn't this when the games are sealed and sealed ONLY!

If opened it voids that return policy!
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • shop-to-drop
    Options
    Unless the policy has changed recently it includes preowned games too. My son has done it a few times. Staff have sold him a game and said if you don't like it bring it back and he has.

No problems at all.
    :j Trytryagain FLYLADY - SAYE £700 each month Premium Bonds £713 Mortgage Was £100,000@20/6/08 now zilch 21/4/15:beer: WTL - 52 (I'll do it 4 MUM)
  • Jamz
    Jamz Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    To be fair... the sticker isnt exactly massive.. its just a different colour.. thats it!

all game sections should be seperated in my opinion as pre owned games are mixed or next to normal ones.. but there should be a completely diff section for all preowned games! ah well

Being fair to Game in Macc it does have a different pre owned section
  • bugbabe
    bugbabe Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    just been in they said it was crazy in there yesterday couldnt really explain the condtion of the game said it wasnt a preowned :confused: just one of of the backroom couldnt really understand anyway asked for a refund but they didnt have any cash :confused: so ended up spending more money on a wii game:mad:
  • Honeydog
    Honeydog Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    bugbabe wrote:
    just been in they said it was crazy in there yesterday couldnt really explain the condtion of the game said it wasnt a preowned :confused: just one of of the backroom couldnt really understand anyway asked for a refund but they didnt have any cash :confused: so ended up spending more money on a wii game:mad:

It is annoying to have to spend more money than you wanted to but hey lets remember what this was all about in the first place.................

Is your lad happy with his new game and having loads of fun playing with it?

If he is then nothing else matters now does it?

Honeydog
    Don't grow up. Its a trap!

Peace, love and labradors!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills