Great 'MoneySaving city guides, part 2: Costa Del Sol' Hunt - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

Great 'MoneySaving city guides, part 2: Costa Del Sol' Hunt

35 replies 19K views
124»

Replies

• normannorman Forumite
    48 posts
    If you are in Benalmadena then Paloma Park is a must if you have kids with you (or without) No entry fee, lots of animals and birds including peacocks roaming about in there, others in pens like goats and emus. Large lake with fish, ducks, swans and turtles and a play area with climbing frames and slides etc. Family cyclos for hire. Plenty of shaded grassy areas where you can picnic if you want.
    Cacti garden with over 500 varieties - big bonus - clean toilets and bar and refreshment areas.

Just a short walk from the seafront area - look for the Windmill road island and it is just up the hill on the left hand side of the road.

............... go UP the coast ( IE North East ) on that road.... through TWO sets of traffic lights........ then look to your LEFT ( away from the sea )
    and up past the big grey TELEFONICA building ) and you will see the best Indian Restaurrant ffor about 40 miles...... called The NUR ( I think ) It is on the first floor... enter from that side street
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • normannorman Forumite
    48 posts
    Valentina2 wrote: »
    The train is an excellent way to travel between Malaga and Fuengirola and now the train stops right at the airport so no more carrying your luggae across the bridge and the road. However, please note that return tickets are only valid for use on the same day.

............HAVE euros or credit cards to buy tickets at the machines on the platform........ click into ENGLISH
  • normannorman Forumite
    48 posts
    spookyjan wrote: »
    By spanish law, every restaurant has to have a "menu del dia". Ask to see that, its usually great value, but doesnt apply on public holidays. e.g. Giorgios, avendida bonanza, brill italian restaurant, does menus from 8 euros, very filling.:T

............ LOOK at the blackboard outside......... I DO NOT think they all have to do a "MENU" ?? AND not all the ENGLISH eateries are much good
  • normannorman Forumite
    48 posts
    joaniemerc wrote: »
    Thanks - got a 4 day stay booked at Fuengirola Beach Apartments.

We don't land 'til 9.30pm and was thinking by the time we get on the train and arrive at Fuengirola train station there mightn't be many cabs around. Haven't been to this part of Spain before.

............. I USUALLY find it easier to come OUT the DEPARTURES doors........ at STREET level......... one ABOVE the taxis. There aare usually 2 or 3 ccabs sitting there. AND they ALL hhave a BIG plastic book with the official ffares iin iit OR a meter. Ask to see the book
  • normannorman Forumite
    48 posts
    norman wrote: »
    ............... go UP the coast ( IE North East ) on that road.... through TWO sets of traffic lights........ then look to your LEFT ( away from the sea )
    and up past the big grey TELEFONICA building ) and you will see the best Indian Restaurrant ffor about 40 miles...... called The NUR ( I think ) It is on the first floor... enter from that side street

I`d be glad for feedback..........thanks

NB MAY seem slow........ tthey make it all to order ( I think)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support