Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

Great 'MoneySaving city guides, part 2: Costa Del Sol' Hunt - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Great 'MoneySaving city guides, part 2: Costa Del Sol' Hunt

35 replies 19K views

Replies

• joaniemercjoaniemerc Forumite
    615 posts
    What about getting a taxi from Fuengirola Railway Station to your Hotel - which one is it?

Thanks - got a 4 day stay booked at Fuengirola Beach Apartments.

We don't land 'til 9.30pm and was thinking by the time we get on the train and arrive at Fuengirola train station there mightn't be many cabs around. Haven't been to this part of Spain before.
  • https://www.doyouspain.com - the cheapest place for car hire I can find and have used on numerous occasions. Just booked a Ford Focus for 3 weeks for £450 collect and return to Malaga Airport. That's £21.42 a day. You don't need to pay till you collect the car. 2 years ago, they upgraded us for free from a Mondeo Estate to an SUV/4x4. They use all the big names ie Hertz / Avis etc but can get better rates.
  • By spanish law, every restaurant has to have a "menu del dia". Ask to see that, its usually great value, but doesnt apply on public holidays. e.g. Giorgios, avendida bonanza, brill italian restaurant, does menus from 8 euros, very filling.:T
  • Hi all,

Just got back from the Costa del Sol last week, we (2 adults + 1 child) used 'holiday-autos.com' for our car hire. A 4 door car for 4 days was £56, but then used a cashback site giving 10% off and a discount code with another 10% and then used a cashback ccard of 1% brought the price down to £45 and some pennies :p only £11 per day, almost the cost of fuel for me here to and from work !!!!
  • Just returned from a mini break to Fuengirola and realised after the first meal out that we were paying for bread on the table even if we didn't eat it or ask for it. Top tip - Refuse the bread basket as it approaches the table!!- It may be only a euro for half a slice but with a family of 4 it adds up, obviously pay for it if you want it, but I resent having it given to me as I dont eat it.
  • Valentina2Valentina2 Forumite
    212 posts
    The train is an excellent way to travel between Malaga and Fuengirola and now the train stops right at the airport so no more carrying your luggae across the bridge and the road. However, please note that return tickets are only valid for use on the same day.
  • Valentina2Valentina2 Forumite
    212 posts
    Pizzeria Primeravera on the seafront in Los Boliches (Fuengirola) is a good and economical Italian restaurant and if you want Spanish fusion tapas style food, the restaurant "Matahambre" in the Plaza San Rafael, also in Los Boliches (Fuengirola) is a great choice. Order a few dishes and share them, Spanish style. Normally you can eat and drink for 10- 15 euros. It´s very popular at weekends and in the summer so you may have to wait for a table. If travelling by train, get off at Los Boliches station and the restaurants are a 3 minute walk away.
  • joaniemerc wrote: »
    Thanks - got a 4 day stay booked at Fuengirola Beach Apartments.

We don't land 'til 9.30pm and was thinking by the time we get on the train and arrive at Fuengirola train station there mightn't be many cabs around. Haven't been to this part of Spain before.

You might want to check out times of trains on the day you land. If you are late the trains may have stopped running.

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/malaga/index.html

We have always used the trains but otherwise try googling transfer malaga airport fuengirola. We use ResortHoppa for Benidorm but others have recommended A2B for Fuengirola
  • melbmelb Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    any tips for 2 bed apartments in either La Carihuela area of Torremolinos or Los Boliches area of Fuengirola please? Would love a big balcony with a seaview and a pool that will be open end of october. I was somewhere good quality and with heating please. thanks for any help
  • when we were there, we used train a lot. but then realised bus option is cheaper and very good. it goes benalmadena costa, when train drops you way far. to find the bus stop , it just outside the train staion in malaga. it's cheap and this service doesn't stops at 10pm .
    this bus goes everywhere. hope it helps.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support