Teacher gifts x 10!! Ideas please

12345679»

Replies

• pleasedeletepleasedelete Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Logan112 wrote: »
    Stickers for the teachers to use in school are inexpensive, small, appreciated and will actually be used! You can get them personalised too e.g. Mrs Smith says Well Done!
    May be too late to order now for this term, but may be worth a quick look on ebay / amazon / PTS to check.

I would only do this if the teacher regularly gives out these. Lots of teachers don't like stickers as they see it as pointless praise and research shows that talking to a child about what they have done and why it is good is a much more effective way of rewarding them.

Some schools have a no sticker policy.
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge £50 a day. £ 1682.50/1550

October challenge £100 a day. £385/£3100
  • pleasedeletepleasedelete Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can I add on the list of things to avoid

Pictures of your child and especially pictures on mugs and mouse mats.

Your children are lovely. You love them but teachers don't want pictures of them.
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge £50 a day. £ 1682.50/1550

October challenge £100 a day. £385/£3100
  • 69chick69chick Forumite
    544 Posts
    For my girls teacher and ta (reception class) we are doing a donation in envelopes and one of the mums is doing little stickers for the children to sign their name on to stick in a big card. with the money we are going to get them a voucher and some flowers..

I was still thinking of doing something else for the girls to take in, but reading these posts maybe it would be better for them to write their teacher a little note..

I for one don't do things for any sort of 'one upmanship' I just sincerley think they do a great job and deserve a few treats for all their hard work and caring etc.

I have ordered a mug for my sons teacher (yr 4) but am now wishing I hadn't after reading the posts on here :o oh well I do know that she likes coffee so at least it might get used at some point :)
    Starting with Avon C6 target sales £150.00
  • Logan112Logan112 Forumite
    44 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I would only do this if the teacher regularly gives out these. Lots of teachers don't like stickers as they see it as pointless praise and research shows that talking to a child about what they have done and why it is good is a much more effective way of rewarding them.

Some schools have a no sticker policy.

Good teachers don't just give stickers out in a meaningless and pointless way. Good teachers talk to the children about what they've done, why they've done it and why they are proud of the child. The stickers are given in addition to the talking. The majority of children I have taught (infants) over the last 17 years love to have a sticker too.

It also provides a talking point at home time. "What did you get that sticker for? Wow, well done!" Some children don't tell their parents about their day unless prompted and a sticker can help instigate that positive conversation. It is not feasible for the teacher to have an individual chat with all the parents of children who have done something good that day.
  • lexuslasslexuslass Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    I have been pondering on this one as my son leaves his nursery that he adores next week.

I haven't read your whole thread because I posted a very similar thread last year for when my daughter left her much loved tiny school with 50 kids in it to go to a high school with 1,500!!

I got slated as to "why on earth do you want to reward teachers who get a good salary and etc etc etc" These are people who have influenced my daughter....I ended up getting the 10 teachers, assistants, cooks etc little phone/handbag charms in little pockets with personalised messages in them...cost me about about a tenner for all of them and they were all greatly appreciated... but I can't trace the seller who sold them to me!

So, for my son, leaving his nursery, I intend to do a 'hamper'.. a little basket of breaktime treats for them all to share..biscuits, chocs, special teas etc

And yes, we do tip the postman and the binmen at christmas too!! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals