Selling car, buyer pulls out

Options
12346»

Comments

• ezzatoa
    ezzatoa Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    the funny thing is the guy is already taking a place called 'i-tuned' to court about work done on his car there :s
  • ezzatoa
    ezzatoa Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    this is apparently the reason he cant 'go through' with the sale (which kind of already has 'gone through' if he has paid deposit)
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So, evidently, this person is prepared to go to court if he see's he's out of pocket.

I care not who you listen to on this thread but say it does go to court and you lose, you're £100 down, a day's wages and his costs....is it really worth the gamble for £100?
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ezzatoa wrote: »
    genious!

I didnt say non refundable

ah
    i have been at the a and e all night helping extracting a gnome from an ex customer so miss read what you put
    however
    he paid a deposit to secure and fend off the hoarding beasts
    leave it on your drive to rot and take him to court for non payment of balance
    its the only way to sort these people trust me
    roll over once and you become a mimsy for life
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    So, evidently, this person is prepared to go to court if he see's he's out of pocket.

I care not who you listen to on this thread but say it does go to court and you lose, you're £100 down, a day's wages and his costs....is it really worth the gamble for £100?

and if it goes to court and the OP has sold the car to somebody else; no doubt the buyer will claim that he took the deposit, sold the car to somebody else and then refused to give the money back.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    and if it goes to court and the OP has sold the car to somebody else; no doubt the buyer will claim that he took the deposit, sold the car to somebody else and then refused to give the money back.

Is that what they call a no-win situation.......
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    pretty much.... as you'd have to keep hold of the car, leave it rotting on the drive. So the buyer then turns round and says they'll pay the remainder of the money for the car, but by this time it's gone all rusty and rotten and not as described.......
  • funkycoldribena
    Options
    I dont quite know what the exact position on this is,and it seems a lot of people on here dont either but as mentioned already if you went to a main dealer and put a deposit down I very much doubt you'd get it back.
    Surely the easiest way to sort it out,to some degree from a moral angle is to split the difference and offer him £50.
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • no-oneknowsme
    no-oneknowsme Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    The OP says this :
    on sunday i took a deposit via paypal of £100

There is no mention of how the deposit was send via paypal (it could have been sent as a gift....or for services received etc...)

I understand that that there is no protection for motors paid for via paypal but it may not matter in this case..

If the payment was sent via paypal then the person who left the deposit WILL be able to get their money back regardless of whether the OP wants to give it back or not!

OP do you not think it would just be easier to give the money back? If YOU left a deposit and then couldnt continue with the sale would you want your deposit back?
    The loopy one has gone :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family