All my good intentions......

Options

Comments

• Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    That is a good idea. I start these things though and never keep them up.

How are you managing to keep yourself motivated?
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    My treat budget!!! Also the fact i know that when we are debt free we will be saving for a holiday and to decorate the living room. Again sounds sad but have promised the kids that we'll take them on an aeroplane. Hate the fact that they miss out on stuff cos of our uselessness!! So my motivation i suppose is my kids.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Went back to my envelopes cos that seemed to work quite well. Drew my money out his morning, sorted it into fuel, clothing (last few school bits), food and my little treat budget. Then nearly blew all the weeks budget on 3 prescriptions......Ouch!! Oh well at least we will be healthy and skint, always a bonus. :-) L2B.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Grrrr letter through from Halifax stating that our loan balance is 600 more than it says on our cccs budget. That's has moved us further away from our end date. Feeling disbondent (?sp). Have updated our balance with cccs. Waiting for barclaycard statement to come through to update that cos we are now paying interest to them.
    Our end date seems to be slipping further and further back! Considering upping my hours at work but that would mean more childcare so doubt it would be beneficial to clearing the debt.

Need a kick up the !!!! to stay positive today :-(
    L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Still can't shake this negative mood. Been on a dmp for 5 years now and still got 5 years to go. Feels endless at the minute. Know i need to get a grip and it was our fault we got into this mess but feeling quite low. Apart from my oh there are only 2 people who know what we are going through. I know a problem shared n all that but my family would be so disappointed in me that i just can't bring myself to tell them. They just think we don't earn a lot, which we don't really but i am tired of trying to constantly juggle everything.
    Time for bed i think, tomorrow is a fresh day. L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    1816 days till we are debtfree.....not sure if seeing that make me feel better or not? But i think better. :-|
    L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options

Last night i sat for a few hours. Cleared the laptop of some junk and debugged it. So now hoping i can use it to start some spreadsheets.
    I have written myself a budget for xmas and have written my xmas list of things i need to get. I know this is early but i figure if i sort little bits now and keep clear concise lists of what I've gotten for who then there will be less likelihood of me doing a panic shop the week before xmas.

I am doing this in an attempt to clear the fog that has settled in my brain. Been feeling quite low and i can only presume that it is the realisation that after all our hard work, we are only half way through.

I need to focus on what we HAVE achieved so far and not what we have left to do. Maybe just until we are a little further up our debt free road. 5 years will go quick (i hope) and then we can start afresh.

Right peptalk over time to get stuff sorted.
    L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options

DD's first day at school tomorrow. Eeek. Should make life a little cheaper. School holidays are expensive!!
    Been trying hard to keep myself on track and my low mood is slowly lifting.
    Been selling a few bits on fb but even the sales of them are slowing down. So will tighten our belts, head down and back on track.
    L2B.x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Had a productive day yesterday. Swapped car, home and gas & electric suppliers. £300 saving over the year. Pleased with that. Spreadsheet rewritten and just need to alter childcare vouchers.
    Been a busy week and we are all absolutely shattered. Shame Im working all weekend cos i could do with a decent rest! Lol. Oh well maybe next week we will be in a better routine and won't be so tired. L2B.x

• Learning2Budget
    Options

Had a spendy few days after a fantastic start. But am being mega organised. Still need to get a routine going now my eldest has started school. Thought id have loads of time on my hands but have been busy meeting friends. So now need to crack on and sort stuff. Have downloaded the flylady app on my phone and will start following that religiously. But after 6 weeks of chaotic summer holidays, with shouts of entertain me mummy. I am enjoying having a slow week.
    Next week the serious jobs start, but also need to entertain my youngest (who in all honesty is no bother).
    House looks like a bombsite at the min. So tomorrow when i am totally childfree i will have a mini flylady blitz.

Making plans for dd1's birthday and have had to buy a few bits but they have been very controlled and Im not going crazy.

The xmas fund is slowly building, so i am less stressed about that and my xmas list is taking shape. Little thoughtful gifts rather than expensive unwanted tat. Hoping for another xmas where i am not paying debts off for unwanted gifts. Well actually i know i will achieve it cos i don't have credit cards fir that.

Am still toying with the idea of a prepaid credit card so i can load the foodshop and petrol money onto it. But haven't made my mind up yet.

Night peeps. L2B.x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure