PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Great 'things to do before you move house' Hunt

1235»

Comments

• GraciesGran
    GraciesGran Posts: 93 Forumite
    Pack a suitcase as if you are going on holiday for a week, saves the rummaging around looking for clean socks etc.
  • If I ever move again I will hire a good quality container or two in a secure storage facility and start loading them a couple of months before the move. At £100 per month it's worthwhile
    £100 a month!? I hired one for my move to Devon at £8 a week!
  • harryhound
    harryhound Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    Where ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?
  • I know the 2 most important things I need to order when I get the keys are a sofa and a bed, as I own neither (not taking my current bed, before anyone suggests it) and am not willing to order these until I have the keys in my hand.

When you have moved don't get suckered into buying a new sofa from DFS/SCS/Whoever which will not only cost £1k but will take 8 weeks+ for delivery!
    Instead go on gumtree/ebay & you'll be amazed how many neraly new sofas are available for around £200 where people are moving and their DFS sofa will no longer fit the new house!
    My ex ended selling our leather corner sofa about a week after I finished paying for it as we'd separated & it didn't suit her new house:o
  • harryhound wrote: »
    Where ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?
    The one i did was on a farm in 2005 but now looks like a company has taken over. Still starts at £9 a week for a small one though: http://www.whiteball.co.uk/html/sizes_and_prices.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure