PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• missblonde
    missblonde Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    I've been very quiet this month (sorry) but I have still been counting. I'm declaring £284.75 for July so under budget - hooray!

Can I be put down for £300 for August again please (Lots of BBQs planned if the weather picks up so I'm guessing lots of meat this month!)
    "Born to shop, forced to work!"

• becky170
    becky170 Posts: 857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm declaring a wopping spend of £163.66 for July! There's only one of me :( The big shop to use my £6 off £40 off at MrT pushed me over the edge, but now I have lots of washing powder, fabric conditioner, dishwasher tablets and frozen food (for when I'm naughty and can't be bothered to cook). I can happily report a nsd today though, which I'm especially pleased about as it's payday!

Can I be put down for £130 again for August? Thanks x
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £105/4000
  • medsdemon
    medsdemon Posts: 761 Forumite
    Options
    NSD yesterday and just bought milk today though I did buy 3x 4pints to get it for £1 a bottle but it will last us a week. I did also buy 2 big healthy strawberry plants for £1 and 4 packets of 1/2 price seeds as I am getting into the grow your own lark and have just spent the of the day in the garden:T so it looks neat and tidy. I won't be including them in my GC though. Oh and hubby at been to A!di and bought peppers , tomatoes , bananas , paracetemol and a 4 pack of horrid energy drinks for when he runs so a spend of £3.46 from him so will have to add £6.46 on my last day of July GC

That means I am declaring at £214. 49, £14 over my budget on my first GC. Must try harder next month:o

Please put me down for £200 for August. I will be trusting my OH with the budget for a week as I'm away so might go a little awry...though he might do better than me:D.
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!
    As I'm now on holiday from school its time to start getting the budgets back on track.
    I won't be shopping until Saturday or Sunday and will write a meal plan and list by then. I have a £5 off £40 voucher for Mr T to spend but if I don't need too much I'll just spend what I need to rather than buying extras just to make up the spend.

I'm hoping to spend £30 or less on the weekend (I may be shopping just for me and the dog).

So could I stick to my weekly budgets rather than monthly and would like to be put down for £30 a week for August please?
  • pipersky
    pipersky Posts: 954 Forumite
    Options
    Hello - me again :) Just popping on to report another spend - my weekly shop from Mr T. Had it delivered as can't face walking around the SM with three children - yikes! On the plus side I got a £20 off voucher from Crowdity so my initial shop of £78 ish came in at £46.96 (after taking off ecoupon and promotions) so I'm happy with that :) Got lots in, including some yummies to keep me on track for losing baby weight he he

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well - still thinking of Hippeechiq and Spiggle (hugs) :)

Ooops - forgot to mention this took me over budget by £3.85. Hoping I won't need anything for the next few days :D
    Part time GCer, NSDer, Comper and (Bad)Flylady :o
    A big shot is just a little shot that kept shooting ...
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 July 2011 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Up to £253.09 of my £300 despite some stocking up to use a £9 off £90 voucher. I should just make it, even if I sneak into Lidl on Saturday for the special offers. The pork medallions at £1.40 ish look good value, as does the cheap cheese.

I have 'only' been to the co-op five times this month - this is a personal record!

meanmarie - have you looked on Amazon? I buy the dolce gusto ones from them on a subscirption that knocks 10% off, and their price is already below Mr T etc. Do they do free postage to you?
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • eveie189
    eveie189 Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I need to declare at £147.80for this month, it's been a bit of a nightmare with money this month so for August month I am going to have to go with a more realistic budget of £405 (4 weeks) if someone could put me down for that please?
    To be honest I feel a bit like we are drowning at the minute. I gave up my job to be a full time month 2 months ago and on my last day DH lost a day at work. With that and the way food prices are rising, I am now trying to get another job.........gutted.
    April GC 9th-7th may £0/£320
  • poppy-glos
    poppy-glos Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    nsd today for me, have made homemade pizza for the first time in years, with daughter helping so she was on board in enjoying it cos she made it :-). just used normal value flour as didn't have any bread flour, used tub of dried active yeast (5ml from it) which was 67p i think last week in mr t. made some tomato sauce (again with daughter), used a sliced up peperoni, a pack of value mozzerella and a bit of grated chedder - was delish, cheaper than buying and have a nigella feel and have educated daughter a bit :T:beer::rotfl::A
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • losingpatience
    Options
    Well after some consideration I'm going to go for £220 next month ( a drop of £20 from the what I normally budget ) with the aim of coming to as close to £200 as possible. If I can do that then I'll set my budget at £200 for September. This is for 2 adults, 6 guinea pigs and house guests a couple of times a month. It includes all food and toiletries.

So could I be put down for £220 for August please when the thread is up and running?

Going to get to grips with food shopping again, starting February!

Got married to my lovely hubby on 12/11/2011 :D
  • TheThriftyScrumpers
    Options
    I haven't been posting much (sorry) but I have been keeping a note of spends so will update shortly. Got some nice steaks at the FM. I went for Feather and Minute steaks which were about £2 to £2.50 for two steaks. We had the minute steaks on Monday and they were lovely so I will definitely get them again. I am feeling very lucky today as OH, DS & DD bought me a bread maker for my birthday! Can't wait to make my first loaf.

Eveie 189 Hang in there, sending hugs xx
    GC Mar 11 £437.08Apr 11 £459.26 May 11 £485.52 June 11 £423.79July 11 £409.22 Aug 11 £250.10Sept 11 £396.14Oct 11 £382.37Nov 11 £372.55Dec 11 £332.29 Jan 12 £375.19:Feb 12 £349.58Mar 12 £279.66Apr 12 £249.12May 12 £337.66/Jun 12 £362.58/Jul 12 £317.03/Aug 12 £354.02/Sept £439.72/Oct 12 £210.16
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure