PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Wednesday 29th June

Options

Comments

• beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Beautiful day here and a very comfortable temperature. We only had a short sharp shower yesterday with thunder rumbling around us, but it has certainly freshened the air. Been down to collect my rail ticket for later on ( taking charge of DGD tomorrow whilst her school is closed). Washing on the line and am about to visit an old friend for coffee.
    JackieO - your comment re the battleship being closed to visitors because of the lightening made me wonder what happened to all the sailors when it was in service???? Must have weathered a few storms I'd have thought! Is this the modern dreaded H&S striking once more?
    Anyay, must skedaddle or I might spend ages trying to park the car and be late!
    Hope you all have a great day. Do take care.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    OMG :eek: Just phoned British Gas and tried to fix the price today and they want a 19% premium for a year fix or a 25% premium for a 2 year fix :eek::eek::eek: needless to say I declined :eek: Bloody scary especially if you are on a low income. But I bet the shareholders are rubbing their greedy little hands with glee.:mad::mad::mad:
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning All,

it is a real torrential downpour, so I doubt wmf will be picnicing outside today. :(

JAckie XXX

thanks Jackie -you're a treasure - I was just about to go and make up rolls from the freezer. We'll opt for a cheapie lunch somewhere INSIDE ;)
    W
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    Its brightening up a bit now, it will probably be the usual lovely weather by about four kind of Glasgow summer's day. Have a ball, its my favourite place to go in Glasgow :)
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all:hello:

Woke up boiling and with a sore throat today, so wont be up to much apart from going to buy paint, brushes etc for weekend-booooring!!!
    Need to also post 2 ebay parcels;)
    Did anyone else watch "Donor 150" last night, about the American sperm donor, who's kids traced him and each other.It was fascinating how alike they all looked:D:D
    (((huggles))) to all in need today
    TTFN xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    beemuzed I think your right H&S are very hot down at the Dockyard and the slightest thing they will come down like a ton of bricks on Bearing in mind that HMS Cavalier did stirling service from 1944 until 1972 including the far east and the arctic its a wonder the sailors managed to survive so long in the nasty weather :):) I think the dockyard is afraid of someone sueing them if they get hurt as their insurance bill must be horrendous.
    Just had a call from my brother Davy in France and he is off for an MRI scan this afternoon in Poitiers.Apparently he is not making red cells and they want to see how his chemo is progressing He said he is very tired all the time ,which he would be bless him, and he is having chemo weekly so its knocking the stuffing out of him poor devil.My niece who is over from Mexico is flying over to visit him next month and he is looking forward to seeing her.
    Wednesday means two of the boys have clubs this afternoon Henry has Cricket and Michael has Art so I only have Jack to pick up from school.he is going to senior school in September so I will only have two to pick up by then.
    I am just going to make the boys some butterfly cakes to take with me this afternoon,they are their favourites.
    Weather is nicer today as there is a nice breeze blowing at the moment so a bit fresher thank goodness .Hope everyone is having a good day
    take care all
    JackieO xx
  • RachelS
    RachelS Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm, this money saving lark can be tough, and one of the toughest things about it is all the juggling you have to do to keep focused on all the areas of life. Worry too much about feeding your kids well...spend too much money. Spend too much money, get into debt. Too much time cleaning, not enough time job hunting. etc etc. I am struggling with the old 'not enough hours in the day' thing at the minute...so why am I on here?

Well, just totted up my totals and massively over on my grocery bill. I've been really frugal, or so I thought, but have spent nearly £160 for the four of us plus 2 cats in the past 2 weeks. It includes nappies for 2, but still! I remember I used to do a week's shopping for under £30 for the 2 of us a few year's ago, without much effort. But no car atm and so I've been going to sainsbury's as well as the local cheap greengrocer, and it's added up horribly. I feel sick with worry about it. Going to try and do a menu plan now for the next week in the hope it will help a bit. Any tips would be welcome.
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    afternoon all!

Just been sorting out my gas and electric, as wanted to set up DDs, it seems so expensive - OH is to blame, he loves the electric heater to much. will show him the bill!

going to makro and sainsbobs tonight to do a shop - still struggling with a meal plan so will have to decide when i am there!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tappers hope the cold is better soon

thanks Gintot!:)
    candygirl wrote: »
    Woke up boiling and with a sore throat today
    sounds like you've got the lurgy like wot I have:D - get well soon x x

I have stocked up on bogof Kleenex Balm tissues and taken some Bechams Powders that I had lurking in the medicine box.

Jobs all done, apart from the front lawn which will get done later.

JackieO - hope your DBs scan goes ok x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • jaxx46
    jaxx46 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon All:wave:
    Finally I have made it on here, for some reason I keep getting logged out :mad:
    Have just caught up with the last few days, you lot don't sit still do you?
    Big hugs to those dealing with losses, my heart goes out to you.
    Well we have had some fun & games here, made an appt to see my doctor about my hands & had to wait three weeks to see her :( in those three weeks I became progressively worse healthwise, not just my hands, my vertigo came back, I felt like I had the flu, aches & pains everywhere, nausea, mood swings & tiredness like I've never known, alternating with insomnia & the mother of all headaches that lasted seven days, I was actually dreading waking up in the morning, if, I'd managed to get any sleep. Wrote a list of symptoms down for the doc & she took one look & said "you're being poisoned" :eek: Apparently I was suffering from a rare side effect of the pain relief patches I use for my fibro. Cue much changing of prescription & finally after four days I am starting to feel better :) Now I have to make another appt 'cos we didn't actually get to discuss my hands after all that!
    Still DP has been flying the OS flag for me, doing all the housework & seeking out whoopsies, &, he has learnt to make pastry which has resulted in several Desperate Dan size pies :rotfl:As DD pointed out when he served up "individual" pies for dinner, "crikey T I've got handbags smaller than that":rotfl::rotfl:mine was actually overlapping the small dinner plate I use in an attempt at portion control.
    All in all we, despite all the setbacks are on the up & hopefully I will be able to get on here a bit more.
    Sorry for the long ramble :o
    Hugs, spoons, & hi5's as appropriate x

jaxx
    Sometimes not moving backwards is as much an achievement as moving forwards is on other times. (originally posted by kidcat)

It's only a bargain if you were going to buy it anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure