jet2 complaint - help please

Options
Hi, booked some (2 adult & 2 kids) flights from Blackpool to Majorca a few weeks ago online & have noticed on the booking confirmation that our surnames aren't listed - only our first & middle names are & these are consistent with our passports.

For some unknown reason our surnames haven't gone through when submitting the form.

I've telephoned Jet2 earlier today & attempted to explain the position (4 x different calls including 1 to a supervisor). They will add the surname name but want to charge £35 p/p per flight - total cost £270!! (flights only £650).
I am really annoyed, have refused to pay & have requested they escalate the matter asap They have promised to ring me back tomorrow.
Has anyone experienced a similar issue with Jet2 or any other airline? If so, what was the outcome & can you offer any advice ? Also, is there any watchdog or regulatory body I can escalate this matter to.

Thanks
s

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did they ask for middle names?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    Options
    I've just done a dummy booking with Jet2 and it only asks for forename and surname. If you have entered middle names in the surname box then I'm afraid it it your fault and not Jet 2's.

Did you not notice that there was nowhere to enter the surnames once you had entered the first two names?

Middle names are not required for flight bookings.
  • soulanon
    soulanon Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Quick update - after 4 calls to Jet2 they've agreed to put the booking right free of charge. Thank goodness i dont have to pay the £280. Cheers. S
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Very generous of them to fix your mistake.
    Legal team on standby
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quick update - after 4 calls to Jet2 they've agreed to put the booking right free of charge. Thank goodness i dont have to pay the £280. Cheers. S

So did you get to the bottom of the error, was it in fact your mistake?

And will you be writing to Watchdog, and the regulatory body to inform them of how good Jet2 customer service can be?!
  • soulanon
    soulanon Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I know i didnt make a mistake - but most on here seem to know otherwise despite the fact they didn't make the booking or call the cc.
    The call centre acknowledged they have experienced problems with their booking sytem (its fragility is demonstrated by the fact: it can't handle multi tab browsing ; last year i was charged cc fee when i used a dc & was subsequently reimbursed). They didn't accept it was their fault & nor did they say it was mine. It took approx 4.5 mins to change - certainly not £280 worth of labour. Im taking NFA.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was only asking, it doesn't matter now as its sorted. However, the Jet2 site doesn't ask for middle name, there is a box for First and Surname, nothing more. It seems common sense has prevailed and in the interests of customer service they have waived their fees. Good on them.
  • Oliver_Zarmy
    Options
    Glad to hear it's been sorted but how did Jet2 find out your middle names?
  • MumOf2
    MumOf2 Posts: 612 Forumite
    Options
    Presumably through the additional information you have to give for all flights to Spain - names as per passport which usually include middle name/s.

MumOf2
    MumOf4
    Quit Date: 20th November 2009, 7pm

• budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    edited 2 July 2011 at 7:27PM
    Options
    soulanon wrote: »
    I know i didnt make a mistake - but most on here seem to know otherwise despite the fact they didn't make the booking or call the cc.
    The call centre acknowledged they have experienced problems with their booking sytem (its fragility is demonstrated by the fact: it can't handle multi tab browsing ; last year i was charged cc fee when i used a dc & was subsequently reimbursed). They didn't accept it was their fault & nor did they say it was mine. It took approx 4.5 mins to change - certainly not £280 worth of labour. Im taking NFA.
    bagand96 wrote: »
    I was only asking, it doesn't matter now as its sorted. However, the Jet2 site doesn't ask for middle name, there is a box for First and Surname, nothing more. It seems common sense has prevailed and in the interests of customer service they have waived their fees. Good on them.
    Glad to hear it's been sorted but how did Jet2 find out your middle names?

Im with bagand96, luci, malkie76 and Oliver Zarmy on this one. Mistake has been made by soulanon IMO

The website just isn't going to take the middle name of API and transpose it into booking details.

Jet2 kindly rectified FOC. Good for them.:T
    Just a pity soulanon doesn't seem to appreciate Jet2 have done more than they really had to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure