Won my ESA appeal, What happens with backdated money?

Options

Comments

• Viberduo
    Viberduo Posts: 1,148 Forumite
    Options
    epitome wrote: »
    The arrears & uprating will occur at the same time. You should also phone at the end of this week to be sure they know you have won your apeal otherwise you will be waiting for nothing.

Thanks, also I forgot to ask is do I still need to get medical notes as now in the work related group? I asked doctor who said no but gave me one anyway.
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    Options
    You need them (if you want to be paid fortnightly) until your appeal win has been processed, after that, no need.
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your friend should at least phone to check that DWP knows they have won their appeal otherwise they are waiting for nothing.

He does, he phones them weekly, even said I was backdated a week later, they said impossible lol
  • epitome
    Options
    Next time, tell him to specifically ask them to confirm if there is a note that says the TAS decision has been received and the date it was received.
  • only_mee
    Options
    Next time, tell him to specifically ask them to confirm if there is a note that says the TAS decision has been received and the date it was received.

It turns out they never had the tribunal info, all them weeks when they said they did.
    He had an appointment to scan in the form on Friday last week and got his back dated on Wednesday this week.
  • epitome
    Options
    only_mee wrote: »
    It turns out they never had the tribunal info, all them weeks when they said they did.
    He had an appointment to scan in the form on Friday last week and got his back dated on Wednesday this week.

Told you....

I tell everyone on here but no-one wants to believe me that this is a crucial thing you have to do.
  • only_mee
    Options
    Your advice is spot on every time, I did say to him have they got your Tribunal decision and was told yes, has he was told, but as we now know that wasn't the case.
  • Briggsy2013
    Briggsy2013 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2013 at 8:52AM
    Options
    Hi just after some advice. My husband won his appeal for ESA on 01.11.2013. He was stopped being paid ESA May 2012, and we put in for the appeal August 2012. Can you let me know if we will get only some backdated only from August 2012 or will it be backdated from May 2012?

Many thanks Lou
  • Briggsy2013
    Briggsy2013 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2013 at 8:53AM
    Options
    Forgot to add that he is being put on the support part of ESA, he was on the contributions part for one year that stopped May 2012 and received no other benefit from them. Also on his certificate/form he got from the Appeal Lawyer it states that he is not to be assessed for another 24 months, is this correct?
  • only_mee
    Options
    Other may need to to know if he's in the wrag group or the support group
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts