tesco taken payment almost 3 weeks later

Options
13»

Comments

• Welshdebtor
    Welshdebtor Posts: 628 Forumite
    edited 21 June 2011 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Tesco's tend not to ringfence the whole amount, it's Asda who are a nightmare for this.

Tesco usually ringfence £1, then take the whole amount just before they deliver.

My post was based on experiences with Asda, did not know Tesco do not ringfence the whole amount.

Though thinking about and taking your points into consideration. Tesco took the money 3 weeks after delivery, not just before delivery as you state. Also taking the 3 weeks delay into account whatever was ringfenced should of been released back into the account well before that 3 weeks which had passed before taking payment.

I am starting to think the ringfencing has a lesser part to play.Though now going to re-read the OP as I am sure it was mentioned the whole value of the goods were showing as having been deducted to make up available credit, if so that suggests the whole amount was ringfenced. But does not explain how it is still ringfenced 3 weeks later, when I think 10 days or so is the max

Edit - Having now re-read the whole value was shown as pending, I am growing in belief for my last possible reason of ringfencing.
    Here to learn and pass on my experiences.
    Had a total of £8200 of debt written off due to harassment during 2010 and 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure