Civil Enforcements / Norwich Pharmacal Order

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
252 replies 30.1K views

Replies

• peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Presumably you have checked with the court to prove its legit?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • esmerobboesmerobbo Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is an applocationn top of image 3?
  • edited 29 June 2011 at 4:53PM
    kahlenbkahlenb Forumite
    12 Posts
    edited 29 June 2011 at 4:53PM
    yes. it's all legit and above board. one of the other members checked too. All due to go ahead as scheduled. The pervious post was not intended to offend..just posted out of exasperation. I appreciate you have to be careful, but I just wanted advice, and to show that this does happen..however unlikely, guess i am just the lucky one who pulled the short straw.

As for typo on top of paper...I have no idea. There is a witness statement attached, and an applicaion notice. that's what arrived.
  • edited 29 June 2011 at 5:09PM
    SirdanSirdan Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    edited 29 June 2011 at 5:09PM
    NPO document looks decidely dodgy ..what is an "apploc ationn"

and the seal looks naff too.... but there again maybe that's how County Courts operate.

I would have expected a little better grammar and punctuation.

Call me cyncical...but ...
  • esmerobboesmerobbo Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you when this first happened write to them saying you were not driving and did not know who was?

If you genuinely do not know who was driving then a NPO will serve no purpose. You can not reveal what you do not know!
  • vax2002vax2002
    7.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A reporter will be attending the court at 2pm to sit in on the proceedings.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • kahlenbkahlenb Forumite
    12 Posts
    I told them I was away from home..which i was. I told them I have no idea who was driving as the car is used by members of the family, and the keys are left at home. I asked for photographic evidence to support their claim, or prove who was driving. Then this arrived.I can't see the purpose of it, but to order me to tell them would mean me interrogating my family, If they remember. I cannot prove who was driving, I have no idea.
  • nomadrosnomadros Forumite
    3 Posts
    This Kahlenb has "form" viz:
    1. Posted by kahlenb • April 13, 2011 at 5:30 pm
    2. I am currently dealing with Vehicle Control services of sheffield, a name which crops up more and more on these forums. I have now been summoned to court for 3 parking tickets, but I genuinely have no knowledge of who was driving the car at the time. I work away alot, and the car is used by several family members. I have the tickets in my name as the registered keeper. I am defending the claim with this defence, but don’t know if I will be made to pay up..what do you think?
    from.. bitterwallet com/dealing-with-parking-tickets-part-1/15305

Just popped in from PePiPoo.
  • SirdanSirdan Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    Did you when this first happened write to them saying you were not driving and did not know who was?

If you genuinely do not know who was driving then a NPO will serve no purpose. You can not reveal what you do not know!

Quite so. The OP can explain this at the hearing and give the best information he can which may be a list of possible drivers on the day ...this of course is a total waste of everybody's time and the OP should make this point politely at the hearing.

The PPC is not allowed to just go fishing until they eventually stumble upon someone who they may have a legit claim against.

If the NPO goes ahead and the OP swears he is not the driver at that ,then the claim against him should be struck out as it is against the wrong person (?)

Hopefully with some decent advice (try pepipoo OP ) it can be argued that if the OP is in a remote location from the vehicle and several others have access to drive the vehicle at will (with the OPs standing permission of course) then the NPO should fail because one of the criteria that must be met is :-

"The third party is not just a witness, but is actually involved in the wrongdoing"

In this case the OP is not in anyway involved ,indeed he is not even a witness !!

Allowing your vehicle to be used and then parked does not involve you in the wrong doing in my opinion ...after all the person driving is responsible for how they park !!!
  • vax2002vax2002
    7.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Passed this on to our Local news agency who cover Yorkshire, as the company is in Yorkshire they are to send a photographer and reporter down to cover the case as they have said this would be a ground breaking court decision.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals