SCS changed delivery date 3 times - can we cancel?

Options
As above really, promised a date in early May, then end of May, then today - now just been told delivery not til next week. Their T and Cs state 4 weeks delay is ok, it has now pushed into the 5th week of delay from the original date they gave us. So are we within our rights to cancel our order? TIA.

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    if the terms say 4 weeks is ok, then that implies anything more is not - I would be asking them for a refund and see what they say - worst case I would guess they will offer you a discounton the items as they are late....
  • jinwaamo
    jinwaamo Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your response. We did mention this, but on the phone the sales woman said they wouldn't do anything else to help us - basically it was said that as we paid in full and got a small discount at the time she could care less. She implied we were stuck with it like it or lump it, so wondering what to do next. The manager refused to speak to us.
  • jinwaamo
    Options
    Guys can anyone offer any advice? Partner rang the head office and the lady there told him the order was not due to come in to their warehouse til next weds... our branch of SCS promised delivery next weds. So partner asked for a screen print as he was tired of being fobbed off with one sales person saying one thing and someone else saying another. At which point 'Dawn' told him he was patronising her and ended the call. ???!??! Where do we go from here? Apparently in the very very small print they allow themselves 8 weeks to deliver, then the extra 4 weeks is on top of that, so we are not allowed to cancel in protest. WWYD??
  • tomwakefield
    tomwakefield Posts: 8,036 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2011 at 7:20PM
    Options
    Cancel under DSR.

edit: According to their site
    All Products are bespoke and handmade to your specification (unless they are clearly identified as "stock furniture") and we cannot therefore accept any returns or exchanges unless the Product is defective.
    Is the item you ordered made to order?
    Competition wins: Where's Wally Goody Bag, Club badge branded football, Nivea for Men Goody Bag
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    jinwaamo wrote: »
    Guys can anyone offer any advice? Partner rang the head office and the lady there told him the order was not due to come in to their warehouse til next weds... our branch of SCS promised delivery next weds. So partner asked for a screen print as he was tired of being fobbed off with one sales person saying one thing and someone else saying another. At which point 'Dawn' told him he was patronising her and ended the call. ???!??! Where do we go from here? Apparently in the very very small print they allow themselves 8 weeks to deliver, then the extra 4 weeks is on top of that, so we are not allowed to cancel in protest. WWYD??

They haven't yet breached those conditions, have they?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • jinwaamo
    Options
    Thanks tom, apparently all their items, unless bought as second/display models out of the shop window, count as 'bespoke' so we cannot cancel under DSR.

Man in the street, we know now they haven't breached these regulations - we were mislead about the 4 weeks thing and the paperwork is quite vague - I meant generally WWYD about the way the staff have spoken to us during conversations, and especially now that Head Office have been equally as rude as staff? We have been mislead time and again and obviously this is poor customer service.
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    welcome to the world of buying a sofa - one of the most aggrivating processes on the planet.

Sounds like yet again they've got another customer stuck in the terms while they can delay delivery again and again :(
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    Options
    jinwaamo wrote: »
    Thanks tom, apparently all their items, unless bought as second/display models out of the shop window, count as 'bespoke' so we cannot cancel under DSR.

Man in the street, we know now they haven't breached these regulations - we were mislead about the 4 weeks thing and the paperwork is quite vague - I meant generally WWYD about the way the staff have spoken to us during conversations, and especially now that Head Office have been equally as rude as staff? We have been mislead time and again and obviously this is poor customer service.

It's not bespoke though...did you ask for anything other than the advertised suite?
  • jinwaamo
    Options
    "All our Products are made to your specification and are not sold from stock unless clearly identified as "stock furniture". As such, once your order has been confirmed by us you will not have any right to cancel the Contract or return the Product once delivered. Please carefully consider your decision to place an order before doing so."

That is from their T and Cs, yet they have told us we are not allowed to cancel. The item is an advertised sofa, in the shops and on the TV, but they class it as being 'made to our specification' AKA 'bespoke' so DSR does not apply.

Yet the above quote seems to imply we can cancel, but we are being told no. Just don't know what to do. Feel like we don't want to accept their shoddy service and lying staff who verbally guarnatee us one thing then refuse to help us after they have taken the money. Head Office have ignored letters and now hung up on my partner during the call, so not sure where else to turn.

• AlistairS
    AlistairS Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but did you get it sorted in the end?

I ordered a la-z boy sofa from them in January & was quoted 12-14 weeks. I haven't heard anything from them yet but was curious just in case they go beyond their 4 additional weeks with me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure