what lenders use call credit?

Options
Have just ordered my reports from equifax & experain however I've heard about call credit, does anyone know what lenders use them and is it worth me getting my report from them also?

thanks
:money: IT Geek & Martin Wannabee :money:

Comments

• lynxptc
    lynxptc Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not many lenders use Callcredit, but I think American Express do.

It's worth getting a copy just to make sure everything is up to date, and it's only £2 anyway!
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can get your call credit report for free (without giving any card details) from

https://www.garlik.com
    https://www.annualcreditreport.com

I had quite a few lenders on my call credit report.
  • James
    James Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    Options
    annualcredireport is pretty good.

Some lenders use CallCredit via URU.

Here's a means of protecting your credit files whoever they are with:

It offers complete protection against crooks taking out credit in your name.

Here's how to use it (Click here)

Support

When you view your credit files through Garlik or Annual Credit Report your Noitice of Correction is visible to YOU and banks and or lenders accessing these files.

The major benefit of the above system is its deterrent value. If someone attempts to use data and your credit files to open accounts, get loans etc, then this is an absolutely FREE indication and warning to that lender AND the system user.
  • lisyloo
    Options
    Hi James,

Are lenders set up to compare thumbprints?
    Are some of them going to refused credit simply because they are not set up to deal with this and cannot be sure that the thumbprint is correct?

I am currently worried that genuine applications will be turned down because lenders are not equipped to verify these prints.

Can you confirm or deny my concers?

Cheers
  • James
    Options
    lisyloo.

Lenders don't compare prints. Their only committment is to make sure they comply with the Notice of Correction. Their must be A print on any application. This is all they have to deal with.

Genuine applicants using this system won't be refused. They own the system, therefore their print will be on applications and any application processed in the normal manner.

No print on the application -

Application rejected.

Indication and Warning of attempted Fraud.

Print on application (other than the genuine person).

The victim can prove they didn't submit this application. What sometimes would take months and months to rectify can easily be cleared up.

You have a deterrent, that protects individuals and may finger crooks.

I hope this addresses your concerns.

Further explanation here.
  • realaledrinker
    Options
    Lenders are under no obligation to search the CRAs before offering credit. My current account and mortgage are with smile/Co-op respectively. When I applied for a Co-op credit card recently, no search of my files was made. Ditto when my MBNA card credit limit was raised recently. Can't see how this idea would work in these instances.

Jamiie........James........hmmmm
    Ethical moneysaver
  • James
    Options
    Lenders are under no obligation to search the CRAs before offering credit. My current account and mortgage are with smile/Co-op respectively. When I applied for a Co-op credit card recently, no search of my files was made. Ditto when my MBNA card credit limit was raised recently. Can't see how this idea would work in these instances.

Jamiie........James........hmmmm

If lenders do not comply with your specific instructions that is readily available to them on your credit file then they take the risk, not you.

What a dilema for banks/lenders - I wonder if this applicant is signed up for Thumbprinting? I think I'd better check.

What's in a name - Genghis McCann
  • lisyloo
    Options
    HI James,

Seems to be a bit of a difference between what you say here
    Lenders don't compare prints. Their only committment is to make sure they comply with the Notice of Correction. Their must be A print on any application. This is all they have to deal with.

and what the website says here.
    If a lender gives out any type of credit in your name and your thumbprint was not on the application, you are not liable. And it has to be your thumbprint, – nobody else’s will do.”

Maybe we should set up another thread on this to discuss it and draw people's attention to it.
    On the face of it, it sounds like a good idea.
    But I don't want to be rejected because a lender doesn't know how to deal with it.
  • mrsw
    mrsw Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    lisyloo wrote:
    You can get your call credit report for free (without giving any card details) from

https://www.garlik.com
    https://www.annualcreditreport.com

I had quite a few lenders on my call credit report.

do these allow you to view equifax or experian credit reports also, or just call credit?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure