Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To Quidco, Over the years others have said the same thing, in these two instances I complained to both Quidco and TSB, Quidco were adamant they had not been paid for both transactions (2), TSB after communicating with TSB department that deals with Quidco transactions told me both transactions were paid and gave me payment reference numbers ...
    Why does this happen ?,
    When Quidco tell its members, merchant rejected transaction and/or claim/transaction whether tracked or not has not been paid by the merchant, how do Quidco members know based on my experience with TWO (2) TSB transactions as well as others experiences over years when having contacted the merchant to be told the cashback was paid to Quidco that Quidco are telling the truth? or is Quidco system merely not fit for purpose?
    Had I not complained/contacted the merchant in this case TSB, Quidco it would appear would have gained £50 x 2 plus possibly others I know have been waiting  for first TSB account opened via Quidco, non tracking claim to be resolved since last year :(
    I'm very sorry for the issues you've been having with these, we're only able to pass over the cashback that we receive from the retailer over to you I'm afraid. The cashback is processed via third party affiliate networks in between ourselves and the retailer so any confirmation of the cashback or communications would be processed through these. I'd be unable to comment on exactly what might have happened on your claims I'm afraid just on this forum but please feel free to drop an email over to socialsupport@quidco.com if you need any help with those. 

I'm sorry that you had to complain with the retailer in order to get this cashback, please be aware that retailers do pay a referral fee to many different sources and can pay this over to an affiliate network. This however, could be redirected elsewhere for example if the affiliate network saw that Google were eligible for this referral fee as opposed to Quidco. Unfortunately, would not have access to the information surrounding the payment between the third party and TSB and would only be able to see this from ourselves to the third party affiliate network and so payment . We always do all that we can to get this cashback for our members, as we do understand this is the sole reason for people making purchases through us, and do appreciate any declines and cashback taking longer than expected are frustrating too. Please be assured that as soon as we receive confirmation of cashback amounts we always pass these straight over to our members -Joe

Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Ashleigh at Quidco
    Thank you for sorting out for me it is much appreciated.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 18 October 2020 at 2:28PM
    Options
    To Quidco, Over the years others have said the same thing, in these two instances I complained to both Quidco and TSB, Quidco were adamant they had not been paid for both transactions (2), TSB after communicating with TSB department that deals with Quidco transactions told me both transactions were paid and gave me payment reference numbers ...
    Why does this happen ?,
    When Quidco tell its members, merchant rejected transaction and/or claim/transaction whether tracked or not has not been paid by the merchant, how do Quidco members know based on my experience with TWO (2) TSB transactions as well as others experiences over years when having contacted the merchant to be told the cashback was paid to Quidco that Quidco are telling the truth? or is Quidco system merely not fit for purpose?
    Had I not complained/contacted the merchant in this case TSB, Quidco it would appear would have gained £50 x 2 plus possibly others I know have been waiting  for first TSB account opened via Quidco, non tracking claim to be resolved since last year :(
    I

I'm sorry that you had to complain with the retailer in order to get this cashback, please be aware that retailers do pay a referral fee to many different sources and can pay this over to an affiliate network. This however, could be redirected elsewhere for example if the affiliate network saw that Google were eligible for this referral fee as opposed to Quidco. Unfortunately, would not have access to the information surrounding the payment between the third party and TSB and would only be able to see this from ourselves to the third party affiliate network and so payment . We always do all that we can to get this cashback for our members, as we do understand this is the sole reason for people making purchases through us, and do appreciate any declines and cashback taking longer than expected are frustrating too. Please be assured that as soon as we receive confirmation of cashback amounts we always pass these straight over to our members -Joe

In addition to complaining to Quidco I complained to CEO TSB, appropriate person investigated and contacted whoever it is within TSB who deals with Quidco payments, I was informed that both transactions I have been complaining about TSB had paid Quidco.
    I was given payment reference number to give to Quidco which proved not good enough for Quidco to investigate in respect of seemingly outstanding untracked transaction 27 October 2019, subsequent claim 12 December 2019, no apparent subsequent updates which TSB informed me payment was made to Quidco on 26 February thus I have now asked TSB through the joint Quidco/TSB email complaint to provide to Quidco the written confirmation that Quidco seek to Investigate.
    I not alone - seemingly :*

Options
    Hello there, 

Thank you for your response and I am really sorry for any hassle caused due to the chasing you have been doing between TSB And ourselves, I can certainly speak with the colleague in our claims team who specifically deals with TSB and look to get to the bottom of this for you. Could you please forward all details and correspondence from TSB to socialsupport@quidco.com for me and I will take this over to the relevant colleague for you straight away.

Many thanks & speak soon 
    Ashleigh

bristolleedsfan said:

Why does this happen ?,
    I

In addition to complaining to Quidco I complained to CEO TSB, appropriate person investigated and contacted whoever it is within TSB who deals with Quidco payments, I was informed that both transactions I have been complaining about TSB had paid Quidco.
    I was given payment reference number to give to Quidco which proved not good enough for Quidco to investigate in respect of seemingly outstanding untracked transaction 27 October 2019, subsequent claim 12 December 2019, no apparent subsequent updates which TSB informed me payment was made to Quidco on 26 February thus I have now asked TSB through the joint Quidco/TSB email complaint to provide to Quidco the written confirmation that Quidco seek to Investigate.

Why does this happen ?,
    I

Why does this happen ?,
    I

Why does this happen ?,
    I

Why does this happen ?,
    I

I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • bilko89
    bilko89 Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just to add to the discussion, I've had the same issue with TSB....no reason to be declined in my opinion.
    SPC10 #560
    Options
    bilko89 said:
    Just to add to the discussion, I've had the same issue with TSB....no reason to be declined in my opinion.
    Hello there, 

Hope you are keeping well! I am really sorry to hear your cash back has been declined, we can certainly take a look into this for you. 
    Could you please forward a email to us at socialsupport@quidco.com and we can investigate this further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks & take care 
    Ashleigh

• MrX
    MrX Posts: 57 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here we go again with the great Quidco "I'm sorry the trader can do exactly what they want" swizz.  Booked a hotel stay via hotels.com.  Surprise, surprise it didnt track.  Then I noticed this as I went to submit my claim.  Hopefully the image shows.  But if not. In one section it says...

10% cashback- for bookings from 1 June 2021 onwards (excluding bookings made via the Hotels.com app)

Then below it says

What will stop me earning cashback?

• Only app to app transactions paid in GBP will qualify for cashback
    So tell me, which is it?  I did the top one (didnt use the app).  So should I get the cashback or not?

Options
    MrX said:
    Here we go again with the great Quidco "I'm sorry the trader can do exactly what they want" swizz.  Booked a hotel stay via hotels.com.  Surprise, surprise it didnt track.  Then I noticed this as I went to submit my claim.  Hopefully the image shows.  But if not. In one section it says...

10% cashback- for bookings from 1 June 2021 onwards (excluding bookings made via the Hotels.com app)

Then below it says

What will stop me earning cashback?

• Only app to app transactions paid in GBP will qualify for cashback
    So tell me, which is it?  I did the top one (didnt use the app).  So should I get the cashback or not?

Hey,
    You will get cashback with Hotels.com from the Quidco app for the '2% for booking with and without rewards'. However the rate you have highlighted with not be eligible as this was excluded for the cashback via the Hotels.com app. 

If you had purchased the top rate without the use of the Hotels.com app,  you would therefore be eligible. 

If a purchase was made in general for the bottom rate with the use of the Quidco app and the Hotels.com app, this would therefore be deemed as eligible for the 'app to app transactions paid in GBP' - Summer (socialsupport@quidco.com)
  • MrX
    MrX Posts: 57 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes I used the top link for a hotel, booked via the browser (not the app) for dates in June 2021.  So I should expect it to track and pay out at 10%.  However, unsurprisingly it didnt track, so I have raised a claim and I suppose it's just a matter of time before you inform me that "On this occassion the merchant claims you didnt meet the T&Cs but will not tell us which ones and so please !!!!!! off".
    That's the standard procedure when it doesnt track and it's worth more than a few pence - right?
    Options
    If you have purchased via the browser, there should be no issue with this then to track correctly -Summer (socialsupport@quidco.com) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback