Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hey all,

Please find responses to your questions below.

@CLB: It sounds like there might be a techical issue with your date causing the date to change. Can you please click here to get in touch with us.

@Ivy3: Sorry to hear that your cashback has been declined. Unfortunately we are only passing on the decision that was made by Sky. We are unable to pay you cashback if they have not approved it.

Kind Regards

Brad
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I'm starting to think that Musicmagpie rejects every cashback at first, but pays up on giving a claim...

...5th time it's happened in the past year, so far my success rate is 4 out of 4 (with the 5th claim issued this morning).

Do they hope people won't bother raising a claim to get their money?

Also I was using the mobile app today, and it looks like a lot of stores in the local town have completely dropped from it (normally 20 will come up, today was 4), seems strange.
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that Musicmagpie rejects every cashback at first, but pays up on giving a claim...

...5th time it's happened in the past year, so far my success rate is 4 out of 4 (with the 5th claim issued this morning).

Do they hope people won't bother raising a claim to get their money?

Also I was using the mobile app today, and it looks like a lot of stores in the local town have completely dropped from it (normally 20 will come up, today was 4), seems strange.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with Music Magpie, but I have checked their records and they do pay out on a large number of transactions, so I am unsure why you would be having trouble. I am going to keep a note of this and pass it on so that we can keep an eye on them for future purchases. Thanks.

As for your problem checking in, you are only able to do this once every 28 days, the retailers should repopulate soon.

Have a nice day,

Leanne :)
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Kite2010
    Options
    Even the retailers which normally appear with no check in amount available are not showing (the ones which disappear when filtering to show only check in deals)

And the retailers which are showing as having check ins are missing some locations. For example halfords the closest to the app is 25 miles away in fareham, there is probably 10 stores closer than that. Holland and Barrett, 40 miles away in Poole.
  • MiserlyMartin
    MiserlyMartin Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just had £55 cashback paid in, but quidco have retained £5 of it. I thought the £5 fee had been axed. I checked and I haven't upgraded to the premium, so why have they charged the £5??
    Options
    Even the retailers which normally appear with no check in amount available are not showing (the ones which disappear when filtering to show only check in deals)

And the retailers which are showing as having check ins are missing some locations. For example halfords the closest to the app is 25 miles away in fareham, there is probably 10 stores closer than that. Holland and Barrett, 40 miles away in Poole.

Hi,

This does sound strange, could you try removing the app from your phone completely and then reinstalling it? Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Leanne
    I just had £55 cashback paid in, but quidco have retained £5 of it. I thought the £5 fee had been axed. I checked and I haven't upgraded to the premium, so why have they charged the £5??

Hi,

this may have been retained because of purchases you made when the fee was still payable by all members. If it wasn't able to be retained then, it will have been retained now. The support team would be more than happy to take a look into it though, just raise a ticket.

Thanks,

Leanne
  • Araboo27
    Araboo27 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    After purchasing a laptop from isme for £999.99 @ 10% (new customer, first order rate) my cashback tracked at £8.23 - I spoke to someone at quidco about this and they said that it 'should' be sorted out when it gets paid and I will get the correct amount. Just checked my account yesterday and the £8.23 was declined, nevermind it being upped to £99!! Who do I need to contact? Isme?
  • Kite2010
    Options
    Hi,

This does sound strange, could you try removing the app from your phone completely and then reinstalling it? Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Leanne

Hi,

this may have been retained because of purchases you made when the fee was still payable by all members. If it wasn't able to be retained then, it will have been retained now. The support team would be more than happy to take a look into it though, just raise a ticket.

Thanks,

Leanne

Hi Leanne

I've tried uninstalling, restarting the phone and re-installing but it's doing the same

I also booted up the quidco app on my nexus 7 and it seems to be doing the same (missing out shops)

9152485821_c9d9f10a60.jpg

Screen-shot of when I filter on "check-in" only in the map view.
  • Kite2010
    Options
    Araboo27 wrote: »
    After purchasing a laptop from isme for £999.99 @ 10% (new customer, first order rate) my cashback tracked at £8.23 - I spoke to someone at quidco about this and they said that it 'should' be sorted out when it gets paid and I will get the correct amount. Just checked my account yesterday and the £8.23 was declined, nevermind it being upped to £99!! Who do I need to contact? Isme?

Raise a claim with Quidco, they will be the ones doing the checking with Isme (who will probably turn around and say they gave the money to another company)
  • rick@findthatfuchsia
    Options
    Hi Leanne

I've tried uninstalling, restarting the phone and re-installing but it's doing the same

I also booted up the quidco app on my nexus 7 and it seems to be doing the same (missing out shops)

9152485821_c9d9f10a60.jpg

Screen-shot of when I filter on "check-in" only in the map view.

Same problem in the Manchester area.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure