Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• fallen121
    fallen121 Posts: 900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dear Quidco Company Representative. Today I received this email from one of your colleagues:

Hi,

We're sorry to see that your cashback has been declined by Currys PC World Trade-Ins.

Cashback can be declined due to a number of reasons, which we've listed below for you:

* The purchase was returned, cancelled or the order amended.

* The purchase was not completed wholly online.

* You didn't clear your cookies before you made your purchase and another referrer has been awarded the cashback commission (e.g. a price comparison site).

* You didn't comply with the terms and conditions of Quidco or the retailer.

* A voucher code or gift code not authorised by Quidco was used.

* The merchant has ceased trading or has gone into administration.

* The retailer has tracked your purchase twice and is simply declining the duplicate transaction.

If you're sure that none of the above reasons apply, please raise a declined cashback claim and we'll happily go back to the retailer to ask them to investigate further for us. At the very least we'll be able to find out why they've taken this decision.

When raising your claim please be sure to enter all of the details requested on the claim form, as failure to do so could result in your claim being rejected.

Kind regards,

Quidcare

None of the above things apply - I traded in my phone onine using the Quidco link and received by post a gift voucher. It didn't track twice, I didn't use any codes and I definitely cleared my cookies. And as to the parts which were completed offline - sending my phone to them and receiving the gift voucher; these had to be completed by post as there wasn't any other way. And if I hadn't complied with their T&Cs I wouldn't have received a gift voucher, would I?

So off I go to raise a "declined cashback claim" so you can go back to the retailer and obtain more details. And what do I get? The following message:

Unable to find any rate data for this merchant. If there is a similar merchant in the drop-down list please retry this enquiry with that merchant.

So back I go to the Quidcare email, to see if I can reply to it. But I CAN'T.

Please remind me - EXACTLY WHY AM I PAYING £5 A YEAR, PLEASE? Because if this is "Premium Service" then I'm the Queen of Sheba.

I've waited since 29th November 2012 for this cashback. If you've declined it because you haven't received any dosh and don't know how to contact the merchant because they're not on Quidco anymore, at least have the grace to say so. Don't send me standard email templates where you can't even be bothered to use my name telling me to shove it because you can't be bothered.

:mad::mad::mad:
  • unterwasser
    unterwasser Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Is the mobile checkin working ok? I've checked in 3 times in the past week and none of them have tracked, when previously they would track almost immediately.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Is the mobile checkin working ok? I've checked in 3 times in the past week and none of them have tracked, when previously they would track almost immediately.

I did some check-ins yesterday, they appear on the Mobile activity page (https://www.quidco.com/activity/mobile/), but not on the "latest activity" part on the homepage

Whereas previously they would appear on that page (ie "WH Smiths 0.05p confirmed"
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Please find your responses below.

@Fallen121: Sorry to hear that your cashback has been declined and that you are having trouble raising a claim. Unfortunately I am unable to assist you on here, but if you click here to send us a message we will be able to look into it.

@Utterwasser: Kite2010 is right. Have you checked your mobile activity? Also you might want to ensure your phone is running the latest software and your app is up to date.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • unterwasser
    unterwasser Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,
    @Utterwasser: Kite2010 is right. Have you checked your mobile activity? Also you might want to ensure your phone is running the latest software and your app is up to date.

Thanks, they were tracked on the link Kite2010 posted.:T

Didn't realise they weren't showing on the latest activity page anymore.
  • CLB
    CLB Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder if anyone else has had experience of cashback claims disappearing from their activity?

On 27th April 2012 I applied for a Santander credit card through Quidco. The transaction tracked perfectly normally.

I thought nothing more about the matter, until recently when I realised that I had not received any cashback for this transaction, and in fact the transaction had completely disappeared from my activity on Quidco!

I wrote on April 19th this year asking what had happened to the missing cashback.

After a few exchanges, I finally received this reply:

'Thank you for confirming those details.

I can see that the cashback you were eligible for when you took out your Santander 123 Credit Card was £21 for a genuine accepted application.

As it states on their Quidco page, cashback from the Santander 123 Credit Card will initially track with no amount. After 30 days this should update to show the full cashback amount. If the full amount hasn't been updated after 30 days then a cashback claim will need to be raised for it.

The reason this transaction disappeared from your Quidco account is because it didn't update correctly from zero to the full cashback amount.

Don't worry though as we can raise a claim for this cashback.

So that we can do this we do need your Santander OLA number. This is a reference number that will have have received when you took out your credit card. If you don't have this number then you will be able to get it by contacting Santander directly.

As soon as we have this number we can then raise the claim for you.'

I no longer have an 'OLA' number... It's over a year since the application. Santander cannot give me an OLA number.

I think that Quidco members should be aware that tracked cashback transactions can just 'disappear' from their activity, without warning. This is wrong. It should not happen. Nor should Quidco clients have to constantly monitor they activity in case this happens. It should not be required.

I wonder if any other Quidco member has had this experience?

Peter

I have had a very similar exeperience with Quidco and Santander, although the bank account rather than the credit card. It tracked fine for a couple of weeks and then just 'disappeared'. I then had to raise a query.

The query was logged and put back on my account. I have an estimated payment date now for the end of June, but this estimated payment date moves every couple of days further away (it started of 3rd June, it has changed 4 times and i am now at 26th June) I contacted quidco and they informed me the estimated time is actually October! Although my account continues say June and continues to move a couple of days away everytime I check. Sorry for the rant, i am very frustrated that my account says one thing and a quidco representative tells me another. I am also like you very frustrated that it tracked on my account and then disapeared, delaying the process even further!

I hope you get yours sorted soon
  • topcat007
    topcat007 Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

i have £110 confirmed i have entered all my details as BACS and my profile is 100% complete

when i go to the payments tab on my quidco it states :

"No payments have been paid or scheduled. Read our Payment FAQ for further information."

how do i know when i will get the payment or when it has been paid please?

Thank you
  • andrea_louise
    Options
    topcat007 wrote: »
    Hi

i have £110 confirmed i have entered all my details as BACS and my profile is 100% complete

when i go to the payments tab on my quidco it states :

"No payments have been paid or scheduled. Read our Payment FAQ for further information."

how do i know when i will get the payment or when it has been paid please?

Thank you

With my quidco account, payments go automatically on a Wednesday or Thursday. If you log into your account Thursday morning, the money should be on it's way!! Hope this helps!
    ]Mortgage 1. At start £46,000, may 1996 jan 11 £27363.58 :mad: Dec 11 £25,289.00 December 12 £21,882.68
    june 2013, £[STRIKE]18,948 18,182[/STRIKE][/ September 13. Funds available to clear the darn thing! Yay! :j
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thanks, they were tracked on the link Kite2010 posted.:T

Didn't realise they weren't showing on the latest activity page anymore.

They are now being displayed on the page.

I also reported a store as being closed (Staples), but they responded with a credit for 10p. I will check on Saturday if they have removed it, seeing as the address where the store was is now a building site for a new car-park
  • Ivy3
    Ivy3 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    We have just been told that a Sky cash-back claim had been denied. As I had followed all the correct procedures, I questioned this and have been told that another user has been given our £50 cash-back and nothing can be done about it. I feel like I have had money stolen from me, but have no recourse - how is this possible?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback