Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Any plans to extend the in store cash back retailers? I'm thinking along the lines of supermarkets :)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Last year I took out a BT broadband/phone deal with a cashback to pay out some time after the installation. For ages it tracked at £1; I wasn't overly concerned because it had tracked and I knew the service had to be installed and the contract run for some time before the cashback would be paid.

the it 'vanished'; I raised a claim only to be told a claim had to be raised within 45 days of purchase...how can this be possible when the cashback wasn't due to be paid then?

This is £75 not being paid - seems like someone, somewhere, is wriggling out of their promises to me!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • horngkai
    horngkai Posts: 572 Forumite
    Options
    I find the introduction of premium service a bit of a scam. If your anniversary date is not coming up, you potentially have to wait a whole year before you can downgrade to basic. And with the change of the check in policy now counts towards retention fee, essentially, check in become a little useless for the year until the anniversary when you can downgrade.

I think Quidco should really let people choose to change to basic or premium when they introduce new system rather than needing to wait.
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Please find responses to your questions below.

@KxMx: Unfortunately we don't have any currently plans to offer this instore :(

@Valli: Sorry to hear that you have been having problems with your cashback. The best thing to do is to get in touch with us via the site so that we can take a look at your account. To do this click here.

@Horngkai: If you would like to discuss downgrading please click here to get in touch with us via the website.

Thanks

Brad
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    @Doshwaster: Sorry to hear that you have had some tracking issues. This could be due to an update to your browser. Please click here and here for some helpful tips on how to ensure your purchases track.

Thanks. I have been playing around things and found the cause of the tracking problems was the Ad Block plugin for Chrome. If I disable the add-in or use Internet Explorer then purchases usually track fine.
  • andrea_louise
    andrea_louise Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Quidco rep! This comment was posted on 15/5/13. Still not had a response on it, can you address and respond please? :(
    I have reverted to the "basic membership" quidco is now a nightmare, still awaiting a QVC payment, transaction was August last year, raised support tickets, raised the issue here in November ! Still nothing! :mad:

Also awaiting a decision on a very cashback claim. Five months! :eek:
    ]Mortgage 1. At start £46,000, may 1996 jan 11 £27363.58 :mad: Dec 11 £25,289.00 December 12 £21,882.68
    june 2013, £[STRIKE]18,948 18,182[/STRIKE][/ September 13. Funds available to clear the darn thing! Yay! :j
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Options
    Here's one about the Quidco mobile check in that really irritates me & i wonder why it happens as it's happened before & also for the past two weekends....

I go in to town & i check if there's any check ins. Sometimes there might be (last week) but sometimes there's none (this week). If there's check ins then i hit them. I do what i've got to do in town & then leave.
    I get home, open the Quidco app again & bang - a stack of check ins. I've suddenly got 6 appearing since i left town today. There were 3 last week that appeared, but only once i'd left.

It's like when your local petrol station puts the prices up during the day - annoying. I'd have thought this sort of thing would only be updated during the early hours.

On another note ...
    how long should i wait for Santander cashback to be paid out? TopCashBack took about 18 months for my brother. I haven't been waiting that long but it's still been a while.
  • peterfisher
    Options
    I wonder if anyone else has had experience of cashback claims disappearing from their activity?

On 27th April 2012 I applied for a Santander credit card through Quidco. The transaction tracked perfectly normally.

I thought nothing more about the matter, until recently when I realised that I had not received any cashback for this transaction, and in fact the transaction had completely disappeared from my activity on Quidco!

I wrote on April 19th this year asking what had happened to the missing cashback.

After a few exchanges, I finally received this reply:

'Thank you for confirming those details.

I can see that the cashback you were eligible for when you took out your Santander 123 Credit Card was £21 for a genuine accepted application.

As it states on their Quidco page, cashback from the Santander 123 Credit Card will initially track with no amount. After 30 days this should update to show the full cashback amount. If the full amount hasn't been updated after 30 days then a cashback claim will need to be raised for it.

The reason this transaction disappeared from your Quidco account is because it didn't update correctly from zero to the full cashback amount.

Don't worry though as we can raise a claim for this cashback.

So that we can do this we do need your Santander OLA number. This is a reference number that will have have received when you took out your credit card. If you don't have this number then you will be able to get it by contacting Santander directly.

As soon as we have this number we can then raise the claim for you.'

I no longer have an 'OLA' number... It's over a year since the application. Santander cannot give me an OLA number.

I think that Quidco members should be aware that tracked cashback transactions can just 'disappear' from their activity, without warning. This is wrong. It should not happen. Nor should Quidco clients have to constantly monitor they activity in case this happens. It should not be required.

I wonder if any other Quidco member has had this experience?

Peter
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 June 2013 at 6:48PM
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    Last year I took out a BT broadband/phone deal with a cashback to pay out some time after the installation. For ages it tracked at £1; I wasn't overly concerned because it had tracked and I knew the service had to be installed and the contract run for some time before the cashback would be paid.

then it 'vanished'; I raised a claim only to be told a claim had to be raised within 45 days of purchase...how can this be possible when the cashback wasn't due to be paid then?

This is £75 not being paid - seems like someone, somewhere, is wriggling out of their promises to me!

@Valli: Sorry to hear that you have been having problems with your cashback. The best thing to do is to get in touch with us via the site so that we can take a look at your account. To do this click here.
    oh I did - I posted (quoted here to save you looking;)) that I have already raised a claim. BUT BT won't accept the claim because it's outside their claim time. I feel I have been conned - because it showed on my account for a long time I wasn't worried - then it vanished; now I'm out of time, apparently!
    I wonder if anyone else has had experience of cashback claims disappearing from their activity?

On 27th April 2012 I applied for a Santander credit card through Quidco. The transaction tracked perfectly normally.

I thought nothing more about the matter, until recently when I realised that I had not received any cashback for this transaction, and in fact the transaction had completely disappeared from my activity on Quidco!

I wonder if any other Quidco member has had this experience?

Peter

Yep - see my post (quoted above) and Quidco's reply.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Please find the responses to your answers below.

@Andrea_Louise: Sorry to hear that your cashback from QVC is delayed. We are aware that this retailer is being slow and we are doing all we can to speed up this process. You can click here to get in touch with us so we can look at your account.

@Nine_Lives: Have you tried updating your phone software? We don't currently have any app related issues. If an update does not work it sounds like it might be an issue with your handset GPS or 3G ability. We are currently having some delays with Santander. You can click here to send us a message so we can look at your account.

@Peterfisher: Sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with Santander. A transaction will never be deleted from your account. It might not appear on your screen but will keep a record of it. I suggest that you get in touch with us via the site so we can take a look at your account. To do this click here.

Kind Regards
    Brad
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback