City Financial Loan Brokers....SCAM or NOT ?

Options

Comments

• dizzy27
    Options
    how do they bank with and emall them bank to stop helping them
  • Peelerfart
    Peelerfart Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dizzy27 wrote: »
    how do they bank with and emall them bank to stop helping them

A very succinct and relevant point dizzy and one which I am unable to assist due to my own lack of understanding as to !!!!!! you mean.
    Space available for rent
  • andrumane
    Options
    Hi all,

Guess what! I have been scammed too. I did check on the intranet and got a very nice webpage curtesy of Google but there was no warning about fake. Kept receiving text messages on my phone about the loan being approved yesterday (after I had paid the administrative fee - I was assured that the fee was not for searching for a loan but purely to cover the cost of putting the money into my account by BACs transfer and was given a reference number). Oddly enough, I received t&cs but can't open them. No response from "Customer Services" yet Lol (why am I not surprised). Oddly enough I was not charged 65 but only 45 because I was in a debt management plan. and only wanted a small amount urgently.

I too got the blurb about "other calls" and that I should ignore them. Guess what happened today. I just hung up on the Indian gentleman and he has not phoned back.

I have contacted my local Trading Standards office. Will let you know if I hear anything.
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    Paying for a loan does not stop you all in your tracks and think hold on?

You are all desperate .So desperate, you would pay money for a loan..

ps you will not get a loan ANYWHERE so give it up.

I have a little sympathy but do wonder how many of you were going to take the money and run?
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    andrumane wrote: »
    Oddly enough I was not charged 65 but only 45 because I was in a debt management plan.

I have contacted my local Trading Standards office. Will let you know if I hear anything.
    contact your DMP company too, see what they have to say.
  • andrew27_2
    Options
    i paid the 65 and 75 to city and then wentworth what a joke i was told my supposed 1500 loan would be paid into my account with in 3 to 5 working days two weeks past and i heard nothing then i rang them and i was told only then that i had been declined for my loan. i was amazed how calm and how bad the little girls attuide was when i asked to speak to a manger i was told they were all in a meeting and that they could then send me out a form so they can access my credit file and make it better so i would get a loan what a f###ing joke .

this company is bull !!!! and the people that work for them should be lined up and shot for being dirty underhand scammers i dont know how they sleep at night.
    STAY AWAY FROM COMPANY THAT WANT MONEY UPFRONT
    CITY FINIANCIAL I HOPE YOU ALL BURN IN HELL AND MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I AM IN STOCKPORT OFF COURSE IF THAT IS TRUE I MIGHT PAY YOU A VISIT WITH A FEW PALS OF MINE
  • Peelerfart
    Peelerfart Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 April 2012 at 6:56PM
    Options
    Sage words andrew and words which I fear may have been already expressed in this thread.

Are we to understand that you paid twice,once to city and then again to wentworth?

Anyway,hope this helps -

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/leisureculture/visitstockport/
    Space available for rent
  • Theatregal83
    Theatregal83 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've fallen for this company this week! Please any help on what letter to send, and where to send it too! I feel such a clutz, I usually google stuff like this, but the woman sounded so genuine. I've just Recived the t&c but can't open them, and I've tried calling!
    Any help or advice would be very very much appreciated! :)
    Goal: Buy a house by 40th birthday (2023)
    :j
  • jgangadeen89
    Options
    I applied for a loan with 'City Financial' and pad an upfront fee of £65 for them to process the loan. they told me i am definetely garunteed a loan of £5000 and not to apply for any other loans in the process which i didnt. They sent out terms and conditions for me to sign and send back to them and they said that once they receive them i will have my money within 3-5 working days, however this has not been the case as i have spent the past 3 days chasing up my money and now thay said my application has been declined...is there anything i can do to get my money back or even to report them
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for a loan with 'City Financial' and pad an upfront fee of £65 for them to process the loan.
    .is there anything i can do to get my money back or even to report them
    We're on page 5 of this nonsense so all the information you need should already be on the previous 4 pages.

If it isn't, and to help us to help you, tell us EXACTLY which website it was you went on or which phone number you called (for pities sake don't say you received a call out of the blue).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure