City Financial Loan Brokers....SCAM or NOT ?

Options

Comments

• matnbec
    matnbec Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 3 February 2012 at 3:22PM
    Options
    Hi Everyone city financial is a scam DEFINATELY. We have been a victim of this scam unfortuntally.
    Do not be fooled. I have reported it to trading standards and the police so hopefully something can be done to stop this happening to anyone else. Ring trading standards if it has happened to you and report it. 08454040506.

We paid £75 over the phone and the following day they wanted a payment up front for the first installment. So that rang alarm bells. Also if you look on upmystreet website under north financial services bredbury they say on there it is a scam as they are the same company. Look on the bottom of the city finance website. If you ring their customer services number 01614065914 noone ever answers it.
  • sargie
    sargie Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all ive fallen for this today. I filled in an application on approvedloans.co.uk that came up under google when looking for a loan.

My credit rating is good and after having a really tough year last year i fancied taking the family on holiday and consolidating my other debts into a managable monthly sum.

Ofc i fell for this and as i was at work at the time i didnt really process it properly. The lady on the phone was very proffessional and asked all the right questions.

I have come home from work and done a search and found this and other hits about them none of it good. Now i have not yet sent the T&C letter back yet nor am i going to. I have printed off my letter asking for a refund and also phoned my bank who said that if i dont get it back in 15 days they will go after it for me.

My question is is has anyone actualy recieved a refund from them?
  • Lynie_Lou
    Options
    I got a text message today to say a loan had been approved to and ring an 0161 number to activate it quoting a colour. I rang the number, got through and was asked to pay £65.00 upfront, I asked what for, and got hung up on, got on here straight away to read up, so glad I didn't give any money.

Now obviously I was applying for a loan, because I need some cash quick, does anybody know of a company or have been approved for a loan if you have bad credit?

Many thanks
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    Scam scam scam scam, Scam scam scam scam, Scamidy scam, Scamidy scam
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    Lynie_Lou wrote: »
    I got a text message today to say a loan had been approved to and ring an 0161 number to activate it quoting a colour. I rang the number,
    Holy Moly, and people wonder how these companies stay in business ripping people off?

A multitude of financial scams operating in the UK at the moment are operating in Stockport/Manchester (0161).

Lynie - you do appreciate a loan must be repaid don't you? Seems like you simply want cash fast. Get ready for a bumpy ride, you will be scammed.
  • kirstyb11
    Options
    what is the address you write to as i have been scamed to not recieved the email to send off as off yet i keep checking to see and havent heard back
  • Peelerfart
    Peelerfart Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kirstyb11 wrote: »
    what is the address you write to as i have been scamed to not recieved the email to send off as off yet i keep checking to see and havent heard back

I'm not sure how to answer this one ?
    Space available for rent
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    Peelerfart wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to answer this one ?

They walk among us, that's the scary thing about it.:eek:
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    kirstyb11 wrote: »
    Whc is da web u went on?
    There are too many variants of City Financial to help you, it could be any one of loads.

I'll have a guess as I don't really think you will follow it through anyway

Stockport again (of course)
    http://www.touchstockport.com/business/list/bid/6950570
    Horsfield Way, Bredbury Park Industrial Estate,
    STOCKPORT,
    SK6 2TD
  • anniepam
    Options
    does anyone have an address for this company
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories