City Financial Loan Brokers....SCAM or NOT ?

Options

Comments

• imoneyop
    Options
    Koisty wrote: »
    What the hell did you mean why did they report them...I have also reported them. They are the pathetic and small minded un-educated idiots thinking there amazing by illegally making money off people who trust them...

What proof do you have of this apparent illegal activity.

Did you get any response to your report?

You call them "un-educated idiots", but they seem to have got the measure of you and many other people who were too stupid/lazy to read what they were paying for.
  • imoneyop
    Options
    Apples2 wrote: »
    Ironically you are the very reason they continue to trade.

There seem to be a never ending supply of the lazy and stupid for sites like this and the passport application ones.
  • Mangosun22
    Options
    I admit, I didn't look into this company before paying. Not because I am lazy but because I have a very busy life and needed a quick fix.

Now, reading all your negative comments to people who are looking for a bit of advice... Do you think this is fair? do you think this is helping them as this site is supposed to do? They want advice not your criticism...

Maybe you should get off here and enjoy your life a bit more than putting negative comments?? Just a thought.
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Options
    Mangosun22 wrote: »
    I admit, I didn't look into this company before paying. Not because I am lazy but because I have a very busy life and needed a quick fix.

Perhaps this should be a wake-up call for you. No matter how busy you are, always read the T&Cs before you sign-up or give your card details. You got away relatively cheaply this time (although I assume from the fact you are visiting that type of site that you can ill afford to lose 80 quid).

You now know what to do to get your money back, so this thread should have been some use to you.
  • Clive_Woody
    Options
    In defense of some of the people on here I would imagine when applying to one of these sorts of places over the phone the T&Cs read out by the telephone monkey would be very limited and would most likely exclude all the important bits (e.g. most likely the only loan offer they will get for you is is a PD loan. When they say you are approved they mean for them to take your money and nothing else, etc...).

A fairly common tactic seems to be the monkey on the phone tells the victim that the application money won't be debited for a week (or some other random period) when in fact it's probably gone the second they have the victim's bank details. This is fraud.

Also it seems fairly common for the victim to be told they are approved for a loan at a good APR and they are even given repayment amounts. Once again this is a fabrication and fraud.

I've never called up one of these places but I would imagine they can be very selective with the truth and providing key information about how they work. I doubt many of them suggest go and have a look at all the T&Cs on our website then give us a call back.
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • Koisty
    Options
    imoneyop wrote: »
    What proof do you have of this apparent illegal activity.

Did you get any response to your report?

You call them "un-educated idiots", but they seem to have got the measure of you and many other people who were too stupid/lazy to read what they were paying for.

Too be honest though I didn't know they were going to scam me so why would I be cautious. Your only clever if what your doing isn't lying and deceiving someone. I don't really care what you say your probably the manager of the trampy company. And yes just to let you know I have had a response.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    And yes just to let you know I have had a response.
    Don't feed us crumbs, what did the response say?
    Who was it from?
    How did you vent and to whom?
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Options
    Too be honest though I didn't know they were going to scam me so why would I be cautious.

And this sums up why you were "scammed" and will likely be again in future.

If you go around willy nilly agreeing to terms that you haven't read and entering your card details without reading why they want them then you're going to get stung.
  • beverlyhills
    Options
    It's now 2013 and they're STILL at it! They tried it with me, sending me a text message that if I went anywhere else it would seriously affect the decision.... as IF! I rang them back and got a nice motherly northern lady called Kathleen who said I definitely had a loan approved and it was at 15% APR, which immediately made me smell a rat as people needing pay day loans or unsecured loans with poor previous credit for whatever reason, NEVER get an interest rate that low!! She then insisted I had to pay the £65 processing fee, which I DID NOT do, telling her why would I be applying for an unsecured loan if I had the money to do that in the first place??!! I asked why there was NO MENTION of any pre-contract credit information as loan providers are bound legally to do, but of course they are relying on the fact that you have been 'duped' into believing they ARE the loan provider when all they are is a whole bunch of tele-sales scammers, pretending to be a loan provider, hence the company name. If questioned they might actually admit to being a brokerage but I seriously doubt it - they TELL YOU THEY HAVE GOT THE LOAN READY AND APPROVED AT 15% APR AND IT WILL DEFINITELY BE DEPOSITED IN 5 WORKING DAYS - this surely has to be illegal, they have no loan, they do not broker anything through anyone and you will never hear from them again!!

To make matters worse because I had questioned that there was no pre-credit agreement, they stupidly sent me a personal e-mail with a wholly concocted version of what they thought I wanted to see which looked like it was written by a 2 year old, was sent by some other girl called Kim and sent from a made up 'gmail' address.

THEY OPERATE UNDER VARIOUS OTHER LOAN COMPANY NAMES SO WHO KNOWS HOW BIG OR DEEP THIS SCAM EXTENDS. THE ONE I SAW WAS 'HILLS LOANS' - HOWEVER IF YOU VISIT THEIR SEEMINGLY PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE, AT FIRST GLANCE, THE ONLY BIT OF THE WEBSITE WHICH ACTUALLY OPERATES IS THE APPLICATION FORM, NONE OF THE OTHER SECTIONS ON THE WEBSITE WORK OR OPEN!!!

PEOPLE PLEASE BEWARE THESE DISGUSTING LOW LIFE CON ARTISTS WHO MAKE A FAT COMFORTABLE LIVING BY PREYING ON DESPERATE, VULNERABLE, DESTITUTE PEOPLE - IT'S SICK!!:mad:
  • Hutch96_2
    Options
    SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM........Do not do it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills