City Financial Loan Brokers....SCAM or NOT ?

Options

Comments

• custard_creams
    Options
    well im another city finance fool doh.as far as writing to them for a refund I wouldn't wast the small amount a stamp costs to post it .I guess at the end of the day all of us on ere have learned a valuable lesson as for the comments about paying it back if u got the loan well I gots ta say I would have no problem with that was rather hoping to repair my credit history with the loan.the poor credit I have is from 7 years ago but looks like ill be regarded as a bad boy for many years to come ooooh dear but I have just got 2 credit cards I use them wisely just to help repair my credit.
    I hope somebody gets the law onto city finance as there t&c,s state they require £65 yet they take more took £75 from me the gits.
    mind you ive never had so many people ringing me up offering fake loans lol.
    think positive guys if we r all wishing cf to get what they deserve maybe it will happen
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    think positive guys if we r all wishing cf to get what they deserve maybe it will happen
    If Google translate is working and I can decipher that post, there is a good reason these places will continue to flourish and make huge sums of money for doing so little.

It's because so many people who fall victim cannot even be bothered to send a letter with a stamp on.
    .as far as writing to them for a refund I wouldn't wast the small amount a stamp costs to post it
    Well done Custard, it's people like you who are keeping them in business.
  • custard_creams
    Options
    ok I will write to cf but I know they will do nothing its a little bit obvious don't you think how many company,s do you know who con people then give them a refund i now know its people like me that keep them in business the amount of money they ask for to cover admin didn't seem unrealistic like a lot of people I am not a money expert and nobody does anything for nothing in this country anymore.
    city finance are good at what they do they told me I had the loan what the repayments were even told me what the apr was then asked for the set up fee of £70 and charged my card at £75.i have spoke to my card company and they are going to refund me so not to bad for me.:T
  • custard_creams
    Options
    its me again lol.
    just an update on city financial I have reported them to the police using ACTION FRAUD I reckon the company will be well known looking at the amount of complaints about them but the more people that report them the better the change of them getting sorted.so go to the action fraud website and start your complaint takes about 20 mins might be an idea if the owners of this site make a link for it. keep any emails cf send u as evidence.hope im not out of order by naming a website on ere if I am im sorry just trying to help others.
  • Jilando
    Options
    I recently applied for a loan via Hill House Loans. As they have a website I believed them to be a legitimate and safe company. Following this application I received various calls from a variety of 0161, 0203 and 0208 numbers all offering me loans to the same value of my application. I checked Hill House Loans website and it stated the following:

"We have been made aware over the last couple of days that the scammers are using various new phone numbers and company names when contacting people, as before they are designed to look like UK based numbers but we believe they are in fact based abroad. If you are contacted from any company not using our 01614065910 number and are asked for payment, DO NOT proceed with any transaction and if you have actually made a recent loan application, please report the matter to the company you applied with. We will only call from the number quoted above."

In view of this I called the number quoted - 0161 450 65910 and spoke to an English gentleman who answered the call "welcome to city financial". when i questioned who they were he advised me they are a loan Broker and go by two names - city financial and Hills House. he also advised me that they do charge an amount of £75, but only when they successfully find me a loan. I went through the loan application process and he said one of their 14 lenders are willing to lend me the £3000 I requested, over 2 years, with a monthly premium of £145. All I need to do is pay £75 and the money will be deposited upon receipt of my signed documents.

Can anyone shed some light on this as to me it sounds legitimate, although having read all of the above comments I am not very confident to say the least?
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    Jilando wrote: »
    Can anyone shed some light on this as to me it sounds legitimate, although having read all of the above comments I am not very confident to say the least?
    They won't be making a special exception because it is you, it is a scam and you will be scammed.
    If you have already given your details out, you have already been scammed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jilando wrote: »
    As they have a website I believed them to be a legitimate and safe company.

Good enough for me.
  • Bols_Beed
    Options
    I would advise people to be very careful as there are so many company online that are fake e.g companies like quick loan finance using CCL Licence NO 0644604 .This company may be affiliated to some other bogus company. This people are real scammers with foreign accent. I was a victim to this company quick loan finance. BEWARE OF THEM!!!!!!!
  • Koisty
    Options
    Please do not have anything to do with these. Everything you see about them is true and I stupidly ignored it. They are a genuine company but are devious and earn their money by deceiving and mis leading people. Once they have your up front fee which they say is for your application and pays for fast track payment then suddenly they are not the lender and the loan which you were told you had has suddenly not been agreed. They are discusting with you when you ring and just want to fob you off and they just confuse you and lie in the hope you will give up. I have reported them to action fraud, companies house and trading standards please do not be fooled they are nice when you initially ring and promise you everything but after they have your money I can assure you they are arrogant and are just not willing to help!
  • Uoluol
    Options
    I have payed £79.99 to this company and reading this has really worried me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills