PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The most optimistically priced property - add here

Is this house the most optimistically priced property around?

Bought for £216k in May 2010, had a paint job and now back on the market for £350k

Zoopla link here

Rightmove link Here

Apparently paint for homebase allows for a 60% price rice in one year!

I hope to the skies that the estate agent didn't value you it at this price.

What have you seen?
30th June 2021 completely debt free…. Downsized, reduced working hours and living the dream.

Comments

• loobylou232
    loobylou232 Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    Notice they didn't bother to replace the shower curtain - still orangey mouldy stuff all over it! Honestly for the sake of a few quid!!!
  • Cor, Cubitt & West are being a bit OTT considering that Emsworth had a major flood last year. I know prices around that area are quite high but that's excessive.
  • davilown
    davilown Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    That was my opinion too! They must be desperate for the business if they are letting the vendor set the price at that level.

Mind you, according to another well respected agent down here, Emsworth is immune to any house price changes except increases!
    30th June 2021 completely debt free…. Downsized, reduced working hours and living the dream.
  • There must be something in the water in Hampshire. This is my favourite:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18951606.html

Bought in 2006 for £168k, lick of paint, add a crappy conservatory and an OTT bathroom, now inviting offers over £300k. Earlier this year it was on with Beals for nearer £350k!

What you also have to bear in mind is that it's right nextdoor to a sewerage works so that lovely big garden stinks of faeces for much of the time.
  • davilown
    lol and its on a very busy main road in and out of Gosport/Lee and Stubbington. That road is a nightmare for two hours either side of rush hour and when the sun is out its not work leaving the driveway!

In all fairness, if its beals advertising it then its bound to be well over priced
  • notisis
    notisis Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The Zoopla link only mentions a shower room with shower cubicle but the Rightmove link mentions a bathroom and shows a bathroom. Perhaps that's the work carried out?
  • doire_2
    doire_2 Posts: 2,275 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hopefully anyone thinking of buying it does some research and discovers what the current owners paid for it
  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    No it's this one in Burnley

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30256718.html

You actually could not give that away to be honest!! :rotfl:
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • EatingGlitter
    EatingGlitter Posts: 148 Forumite
    You couldn't pay me to live in Fareham or Gosport. That bottleneck arghhh :S
  • davilown
    You couldn't pay me to live in Fareham or Gosport. That bottleneck arghhh :S
    Spent 4 years there - totally agree!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure