Daffy's 'patchwork dreams' diary - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Daffy's 'patchwork dreams' diary

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.5K replies 54.6K views

Replies

• retiredandskintretiredandskint Forumite
    797 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, more people, how exciting! :j :j :D

Hanb, goodness me woman! :eek: Go and do something more interesting than catching up with my last 4 months! :eek: Short version - finished the PhD and became Dr Cheery :D and am now working full time :eek: That's about it on the important stuff front :D

You forgot the underwear buying session :rotfl:

On page 2 already, so much reading to keep up to date.

I'm twice your age but I love the cheeriness and energy of your diary :)
  • se999se999 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Hi Cheery, love the idea of a trapeeze lesson and the nice undies sounds good too. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.
  • Cheery_DaffCheery_Daff Forumite
    9.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not be MSE and start training for the trialtholon instead of SW? (No problem if SW will help, but I'm sure that Mr C could pretend to weigh you each week on a Wed and Tut or Cheer as appropriate) ;)

Tried that NL :o At the minute I need both :D But I'm going to pay for 12 weeks upfront, and don't intend to pay at all after that because I will have reached my target and it's free :D
    InaPickle wrote: »

I need to join you on the weight loss and decluttering fronts. I have too much of both of those. I've heard good things about SW, but the food combining is a bit confusing to a novice from what I've heard. You aren't supposed to eat carbs and protein together, are you? That's the Hayes diet that I've heard about, at least. Is SW as extreme? I couldn't survive without lasagna, that's for sure, but SW would be worth considering, otherwise. Advice, please! :)

Sleep tight, and dream happy Cheery. :) :cool:

I don't find SW confusing at all Pickle (I have other issues with it, but not confusing ones :rotfl:) Certainly no need to survive without lasagne! I believe the idea is that nothing is banned :D

I don't eat meat, so do all 'green' days, so can eat as much as I like of pasta, rice, veg, fruit, beans, pulses, lentils, eggs, fat free dairy etc. Then I add in a bit of fibre (so bread, or nuts, or meat, or fish), and a bit of calcium (dairy etc), and then everything else gets 'counted'.

I believe the 'red' days you can eat as much meat, poultry, fish, fruit, veg etc as you like (all properly prepared, of course, not KFC! :rotfl:), but you have a limited amount of pasta, rice etc. Still unlimited fruit and veg (and probably other stuff too).

I believe they've made it even more straightforward now with a new 'extra easy' plan anyway, but not done that one myself as I don't eat meat so don't need to. There's a sample menu on their website.

Good luck for the interview!

So - today is a busy one! Have got a plan for the day, will post in a minute...
    9.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, plan for the day....

Before 9am:

* shower
    * quick clean round kitchen
    * quick clean round bathroom

Work 9-11

* find cash book
    * 15 mins declutter

Work 11.30-1

* lunch :D

Work 2-5 (with a brief cuppa, of course)

* Slimming world at 5
    * ring friend
    * sort out card to post with dishcloth
    * clothes and lunch for tomorrow
    * swimming lesson 8.30 (see NL, I'm on the case with that too! :D)

Er, that's it I think! (hope :rotfl:)

Best crack on with it! :j :j Weekly plan coming later - already written but it's upstairs (and it's nearly 9am!)
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Diary! My word, this has gone fast - hope your day's plan is going well. Hmmm, maybe I need to plan my days a little bit like yours, it can be difficult to do otherwise.
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
  • DedicatedDFWDedicatedDFW Forumite
    4.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Cheery and Happy New Diary :j

Settles down with a cuppa :coffee: and some cheese crackers :D

Loving all the energy and goals hon, will be reading with interest. :) x
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • redsquirrel80redsquirrel80 Forumite
    12.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy new diary.. am loving the patchwork plans - lots of luck with it all! :T
    [email protected] £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
    9.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks you lot! :D Although I've now realised that you all call me Cheery on here, not Daffy, and that's what I should have called my diary :rotfl: :rotfl: Evidently wasn't awake last night! :rotfl:

Work going well this morning :j :j :j Although I did ring a local authority to get a name of someone, and the call centre wouldn't tell me, saying 'Is this a sales pitch? We don't respond to them' :eek: Absolutely not! :eek: :rotfl:

Ah well, onwards and upwards :D
  • EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're Daffs to me, Daffs! :D Title looks just fine! Lovely new diary - I love them - to the extent that I might have to starthingking about a new one for myself at some stage....but not enough has changed at the moment - maybe I'll hold out until September!

Lovely plans, am especially interested in your get fit and tone up plan (NOT "diet" - I don't DO diets!) as I too am trying something similar at the moment so we can cheer one another on!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 :D
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
  • InaPickleInaPickle Forumite
    6K posts
    Cheers, Cheery! :D Am just off for a pre-testing shower and hair straightening session.

Enjoy your evening and I think I might have to consider the whole SW thing, although with living at home and not entirely being in charge of the food, I find it difficult to do things like that. *Has a little ponder*
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~