This thread still going on,
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    This thread still going on,

it is,and yet still nobody has contacted HMRC
    wheres the guy who was going to court and getting us all arrested?
  • youngb10od
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    and that has what to do with my post you quoted?
    as ive said,why dont you ask HMRC why they dont offer a service where you can pay them directly?
    perhaps you feel it would help RM 'from being in tatters' (i assume thats what you meant)if they did all the admin for HMRC for free?

do we ask them to do a contract free service and then charge us above the odds, RM make more money on international shipping than an internal shipping... maybe RM should not buy £16,000 worth of penny stamps when their is no need for it.... maybe that would save them money... your not the only one who works for royal mail, i could turn your blood cold with ineptitude, incompetence and inability of the managers of RM etc.... why should we pay for their inability to do their jobs... (yes i know people who work there, both on the shop floor and in management...) but what ever the argument here...RM, Parcel force, ARE NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED TO HOLD PEOPLES PROPERTY TO RANSOM - no other delivery company does it...

please stop being "helpful" because you aren't...
  • youngb10od
    Options
    it is,and yet still nobody has contacted HMRC
    wheres the guy who was going to court and getting us all arrested?

really you don't read the posts at all do you....

yes people have contacted the HMRC and posted the reply from them...

as for the guy getting you "all arrested" it is the holding worker... maybe this is why our post goes missing as you guys n gals don't read things proper... please stick to doing what you do best...
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    again my point still stands
    why dont HMRC offer a direct payment service?
    you seem to think RM (and all couriers) should just do this for the HMRC for free?
  • youngb10od
    Options
    again my point still stands
    why dont HMRC offer a direct payment service?
    you seem to think RM (and all couriers) should just do this for the HMRC for free?

why dont HMRC offer a direct payment service? < you will need to contact the HMRC for that answer...

you seem to think RM (and all couriers) should just do this for the HMRC for free? < my opinion, if it's the difference in charging 150% on top of the actual admin costs then yes, free is the better option. some would ask why they don't bill the HMRC rather than the reciever... it's the HMRC they are doing the service for... when i fix a schools IT network.. i don't bill the parents!!! - like i said i have NO CONTRACT with RM, DHL or anyone else to pay the duty for me... period!

but haven't you deviated from the point (infact you have totally ignored this)
    - it is illegal to hold a parcel which belongs to an individual... -
    and as you are so keen to point out no other courier does this.. they deliver then invoice...

**** ANSWER *****
    if RM, DHL had to charge HMRC they will have to justify the 150% increase in price of what it actually costs, however by charging jo public who wants their package and no court action.... they get their ransom money ---
    ipso facto
  • RArch_2
    Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7727717.stm

Internet shoppers will not have to pay customs duty on items they have bought for less than 150 euros - currently worth about £127 - from outside the EU.

The change, which comes into force on 1 December, extends the duty-free limit for goods bought online from 22 euros, HM Revenue and Customs says.
    Sounds great, but you still have to pay VAT which means Parcelfarce will only catch out more people :mad:
  • Freddie_Snowbits
    Options
    And the Gorgon has successfully devalued the pound to a pittance, so what we gained on the swings has be flung off at a tangent on the roundabout.
  • valuat
    Options
    Hello Benny Hill, true to form ParcelFarce failed to send me an invoice for my parcel so I collected it myself from Park Royal, paid the duty and VAT and told them to bill me for the £13.50 ransom charge, which they so far have not done and that was a month ago. Glad you found it hilarious but charging £13.50 to pay £23 tax is no laughing matter, I've paid £100's to Parcelfarce drivers over the years but am no longer prepared to pay them to intentionally delay my mail with their ridiculous 'you can't receive your package until you pay our rip off charges' policy.

Hi there Tight. I'm having the same problem with London North West depot and spoke to the same Yvonne Cookhorn. Any tips on how to deal with them? Thanks.

I'm not from the UK and don't really know how the "calling the Police" thing works. Could someone help me with this?

Many thanks....
  • MeNoMoney
    MeNoMoney Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    I got screwed lastweek by Parcel Farce £13.50 fee,now today i get a Grey note From ROYAL MAIL stating that they couldnt deliver my item because there is a fee to pay,tried caling them to ask for a breakdown,but told nothing to do with them its a customs fee and need to call customs,which i did only to be told that i should have called royalmail to pay them as its them who have got my package(Royal mail told me they havent,its customs who have it ?)

So for a package worth £48 delivered from US Royal mail want £19.87.................
    (Note it states on the note that Theres a customs charge ONLY)
    and get this £1 of that is a so called handling fee for unpaid items !!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure