Parcelforce 'Clearance fee'

Options

Comments

• Freddie_Snowbits
    Options
    MENOMONEY wrote: »
    Tried calling mark on the number he gave,no answer,may try again later.

I got screwed lastweek by Parcel Farce £13.50 fee,now today i get a Grey note From ROYAL MAIL stating that they couldnt deliver my item because there is a fee to pay,tried caling them to ask for a breakdown,but told nothing to do with them its a customs fee and need to call customs,which i did only to be told that i should have called royalmail to pay them as its them who have got my package(Royal mail told me they havent,its customs who have it ?)

So for a package worth £48 delivered from US Royal mail want £19.87.................
    (Note it states on the note that Theres a customs charge ONLY)
    and get this £1 of that is a so called handling fee for unpaid items !!!!!!!!!!!
    terms are quite clear on imported goods into the UK and ignorance is no excuse.
  • MeNoMoney
    MeNoMoney Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not ignorant,royal mail are just lying again.As dont know about you and maths but i can workout that custom/vat on £48 isnt gonna be anywhere near £19.87(£18.87 before the B@llshit £1 late charge???)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not ignorant,royal mail are just lying again.As dont know about you and maths but i can workout that custom/vat on £48 isnt gonna be anywhere near £19.87(£18.87 before the B@llshit £1 late charge???)

well for starters the card says nothing of a £1 fee for customs charges
    read again
  • MeNoMoney
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    well for starters the card says nothing of a £1 fee for customs charges
    read again

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think you are the one who should read all of my post again,ESPECIALLY THE LAST LINE
    (£18.87 before the B@llshit £1 late charge)

The actual card says,
    Payment Due =£19.87

AND

BELOW THAT,IT SAYS
    "INCLUDES £1 HANDLING FEE FOR UNPAID ITEMS"

So,
    what is it i havent paid then as i only got the note through letterbox this morning ? Just another bit of Royal mail BS Money making SCAM
  • custardy
    Options
    thats right but yours is a customs charge not an unpaid item
    should i add more exclamation marks to make it right?
  • MeNoMoney
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    thats right but yours is a customs charge not an unpaid item
    should i add more exclamation marks to make it right?

Listen sm*rta*se,
    Whats this £1 ive been charged for unpaid items then?
  • custardy
    Options
    why is being right making me(insert expletive)?
    its not my fault you struggle to comprehend not just the card but the words i type
    i think a global economy is just too much for you.
  • chris_yo
    Options
    BennyHill wrote: »
    Ringing Royal Mail H.Q. over £13.50 as well - that made me laugh all evening (Do you ring Microsoft asking for Bill Gates when your computer breaks!?!? )

I realise that £13.50 is a pittance to some people, but not to me.... so yes, if Microsoft charged me £13.50 every time Windows crashed, you'd be damned right that I would be calling them over it.*

*But not on their premium rate support number
  • Freddie_Snowbits
    Options
    SCAM
    No.

you import something, YOU are responsible for the Customs duty. If you do not carry the thing through yourself, another body, person or outfit will do this for you and charge you.

The site I buy camera gear from in the states says that I am responsible for this and I use UPS, who charge £10 for doing so and the customs charge on top. i ensure that the package is correctly labelled. My supplier will not take returns, and will charge for the return of good rejected because you do not pay customs.

tuff world for those who are ignorant of this
  • kingboyk
    Options
    I've just had to pay this too: £15 VAT and a £13.50 Parcelforce charge on a £100 Skype phone. The 13.50 charge seems rather excessive to me too.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Parcelforce charge itself includes VAT, or is it zero rated? I.e. have I paid them 13.04+1.96 VAT or 15+0 VAT? It makes a difference as I can claim the VAT back as input tax through my company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure