We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Birthday treat for fantasic boyfriend!

Options

Comments

• dixie_dean_2
    Options
    Yes. You could get a reasonable bottle of champagne for less than £20 as well to have before you go out. Or maybe get some coke!
    And if, you know, your history...
  • astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    Options
    dixie_dean wrote:
    Yes. You could get a reasonable bottle of champagne for less than £20 as well to have before you go out. Or maybe get some coke!
    nautghty naughty! :naughty:
    I think we'll stick to the alcahol, much cheaper!
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • dixie_dean_2
    dixie_dean_2 Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Naughty is nice though. Hope you have a great time - I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort.
    And if, you know, your history...
  • notakid
    notakid Posts: 10,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Jellyhead

Have you thought of trying to get a free room under the days inn offer in Manchester then you have got more money to spend? I have done it twice.
    Have a look on daysinn.co.uk.

They quote 75 a night for a double if you can find it cheaper you get the night free.
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
  • astonsmummy
    Options
    notakid wrote:
    Hi Jellyhead

Have you thought of trying to get a free room under the days inn offer in Manchester then you have got more money to spend? I have done it twice.
    Have a look on daysinn.co.uk.

They quote 75 a night for a double if you can find it cheaper you get the night free.
    i'm astonsmummy xx
    thnx for that, i've seen a room for £58 @ premier lodge. i'll check the days inn webby x
  • notakid
    notakid Posts: 10,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm going mad they don't even sound similar do they?
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
  • highland
    highland Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    Have you thought of Brighton it's brill lots of stuff to do and about an hours drive from London, or maybe save it for summertime, just an idea.
  • astonsmummy
    Options
    highland wrote:
    Have you thought of Brighton it's brill lots of stuff to do and about an hours drive from London, or maybe save it for summertime, just an idea.
    I live 20 mins from brighton, want to go a bit further out x
  • DebtphobicDeirdre
    Options
    I live in Manchester- why on earth do you want to come here? We do have a little wheel and a temporary ice rink in the town centre at present but London is soo exciting I can't imagine your fascination. Is your BF a United supporter? There is a nice hotel called The Waterside hotel with the Galleon Health Club in Didsbury, I go to the gym there,but I don't know the price. Also would going somewhere on the coach be cheaper,Megabus might have a good price and leave you more money to spend. Whatever you do have a great time!
    earn what you can, save what you can, give what you can :hello:
  • astonsmummy
    Options
    I live in Manchester- why on earth do you want to come here? We do have a little wheel and a temporary ice rink in the town centre at present but London is soo exciting I can't imagine your fascination. Is your BF a United supporter? There is a nice hotel called The Waterside hotel with the Galleon Health Club in Didsbury, I go to the gym there,but I don't know the price. Also would going somewhere on the coach be cheaper,Megabus might have a good price and leave you more money to spend. Whatever you do have a great time!
    Looks like manchester is off the agenda, tickets are way too expensive! :eek: am gonna see if i can get a really nice hotel in london now x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport