We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How much have/will you spend today Wednesday 6/12?

Options
12346»

Comments

• lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    lynsayjane wrote:

today should be a no spender.

have a great day all x

well you know what they say about good intentions... at least i hope someone does cause i don't...

i successfully left my purse at home and managed to not spend at work, but then i went to the pub...£12 on six bottles of smirnoff ice and 60p for a bag of crisps. am now slightly inebriated back home (i wanted to dance, noone else did :() with two bottles left (sneaked out the pub...my bad!) and dancing about my living room....sorry folks, seem to have no will power as regards spending at the mo...even worse when it comes to booze!
  • lynsayjane
    Options
    moozie wrote:
    Hey Lyns

Welcome back! I knew you were at your mammy's so will save the lecture for another time ;)

Be good xx

see post above for content of next lecture, i seriously need some help!
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynsayjane wrote:
    see post above for content of next lecture, i seriously need some help!

:think: I am thinking of punishment! the naughty step doesn't cover this at all!

Oh Lyns, is it the time of year or are you just a bit tired of the whole 'saving and countin every penny'? I know it can get too much but think how good it will feel when you won't have to do that!

I don't have any words of wisdom really except I now want a smirnoff ice and it's only 8:30am :eek: :rotfl:

Take care and don't be too hard on yourself, spending wise, it could have been a lot worse xx
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    Options
    moozie wrote:
    Welcome back sweetie. So glad you are better :T Fancy a little packing? I'll throw lots of goshiping and coffee in :D
    For you hun ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like packing!!!!!!(had a summer job many years ago at hte exam board packing exam papers!) show me coffee and I'm yours!!!!!!!!
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    Options
    Pleased to hear you're feeling much better at last Annie, you're obviously on the up:T Take it easy tho and dont go overdoing things!:D
    Thank you.
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    anniestar wrote:
    For you hun ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like packing!!!!!!(had a summer job many years ago at hte exam board packing exam papers!) show me coffee and I'm yours!!!!!!!!

I don't know what 'goshiping' is - I am good at gossiping though! :rotfl: I was tired last night, sorry :o

So there is a price for everyone - yours is coffee eh :D Good good! :T
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Spent £240 at Argos, £41 for petrol and 50p on a cold can because I was sick of just water...

The £240 was bought with the vouchers I'd already 'fessed up to buy last week - so just 50p of unbudgetted spend.

I did however buy an unneccesary digital camera... :o

What can I say? It was relatively cheap and more convienient than the one I have...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    moozie wrote:
    Hope it's better by now and that it allows you to update the challenge part of your signature :p

Sorry moozie - sig updated now. :beer:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • lynsayjane
    Options
    moozie wrote:
    :think: I am thinking of punishment! the naughty step doesn't cover this at all!

Oh Lyns, is it the time of year or are you just a bit tired of the whole 'saving and countin every penny'? I know it can get too much but think how good it will feel when you won't have to do that!

I don't have any words of wisdom really except I now want a smirnoff ice and it's only 8:30am :eek: :rotfl:

Take care and don't be too hard on yourself, spending wise, it could have been a lot worse xx

morning moozie. i guess it's a mix of both thats leading me astray right now, i've never been someone to say no to a night out but i being xmas there are a lot more of them to not say no to! as for being tired counting every penny, yeah that doesn't help. like i say at least i'm not getting into more debt. i got a cc sorted to bt my others to, so at least i'm doing something right! i'll get stuck back in in the new year i promise, in the meantime it'll just have to be damage control!

i've still got one smirnoff ice in the fridge and i can put your hoofmark on it if you wish? :rotfl:
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Options
    I was very controlled in M&S. £1.08 on bananas and a lettuce. Picked up the Christmas present for OH's mum, which was £2 less than expected too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport