We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How do I prove he is depriving himself of income?

Options

Comments

• jetta_wales
    jetta_wales Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Options
    izzybusy23 wrote: »
    Jeez!!!! Change the record love!!! You don't know how much the OP is earning so how on earth do you come to the conclusion that £300 is acceptable? You don't know about her lifestyle, what debts she may have or he may have left; get off your high horse!! She is fully entitled to 15% of what ever income he has; if that means persuing him to the ends of the earth to uncover hidden income to evade child support then good luck to her. Thats what she is 'entitled to' by law; whatever you may think. Morals do not come in to it!!

And you say you are a PWC???? How much do you get a week out of interest?

How are her debts (if there are any) his fault? She's already said she got the house from him for a start.

I get about £27.66 per week (it's £120 per calendar month) but it will be increasing now by £20 per month until it gets closer to the CSA figure but we havdn't yet decided how much we think is reasonable to ask for, it likely won't be the full amount the CSA say though. Their figure is about £285 a month.
    "Life is what you make of it, whoever got anywhere without some passion and ambition?
  • jetta_wales
    Options
    I dont think there is any scrimping going on, read the posts, it mentions a house, albeit not finished, luxury lifestyle etc. £300 a month wouldnt make a batts difference. Many in the Irish commercial building trade get through that in one night on the poker table.

People with this lifestyle do so because they can. With the CSA its usually the self employed that are invulnerable, here, its an employee with no assets, leaving little to investigate using the procedural channels.

Its very sound financial planning.

I meant her portraying to have to be so poorly off when already receiving this amount.
    "Life is what you make of it, whoever got anywhere without some passion and ambition?
  • izzybusy23
    izzybusy23 Posts: 994 Forumite
    Options
    How are her debts (if there are any) his fault? She's already said she got the house from him for a start.

I get about £27.66 per week (it's £120 per calendar month) but it will be increasing now by £20 per month until it gets closer to the CSA figure but we havdn't yet decided how much we think is reasonable to ask for, it likely won't be the full amount the CSA say though. Their figure is about £285 a month.

Well then more fool you! Thats what YOUR children are entitled to but you would rather them go without so you can take a moral high ground :cool:
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 May 2011 at 1:11PM
    Options
    She has a house plus £300 a month from her ex-husband. Plus her own income. Does it matter how many other houses he has or how much more money his family has?

I agree that if he is hiding money then she should get the amount that the law says, but it appears, after investigation, that he is NOT hiding money.

(FWIW, there is a seven-bedroom house near where I am in Spain which is worthless as it is illegal. Plenty of them around. The OP's ex's 'villa' might be one of these).
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • mrsspendalot
    mrsspendalot Posts: 3,238 Forumite
    Options

It depends whether they were debts incurred whilst they were together. If they are debts incurred since they separated then it is not his fault.
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
  • jetta_wales
    Options
    Well then more fool you! Thats what YOUR children are entitled to but you would rather them go without so you can take a moral high ground :cool:

Lol no I'd just like my ex to still be able to afford their swimming lessons on the weekends and I can give them plenty extra on just £100 a month more than he gives now so have no need to ask for much more than that.
  • jetta_wales
    Options

And they are HIS children too.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 13,071 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    SarahT1980 wrote: »
    Whats more strange is his employer. He has worked for him since the 80s and according to companies house, the Ltd Company is now owned by his new GIRLFRIEND and his BEST MATE as directors. Neither are builders she is an architect and he is an accountant.

Don't know if it's relevant, but directors don't own limited companies - the shareholders do. If the OP wants to pursue things, then it might be worth them seeing if they can find out from the company accounts who those shareholders are and what sort of dividends the company is paying out each year .....
  • g-sharp_major
    g-sharp_major Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Could this be a case of diversion of income?
  • izzybusy23
    izzybusy23 Posts: 994 Forumite
    Options
    And they are HIS children too.

Which he should be paying 15, 20 or 25% of his wages for.. the percentages are in place for a reason. Your ex will still have 75 / 80% of wages left over which is a hell of a lot of money.. but still, if it makes you feel good that you are taking the moral high ground then good for you; I still think you are an utter fool.

As the old saying goes; a fool and his money are soon parted :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family